Brooks Bollinger UFA Dallas Cowboys

Chris Simms UFA Tennessee Titans

J.T. O’Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers

Matt Gutierrez UFA New England Patriots

Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills

Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Brock Berlin RFA St Louis Rams

Shane Boyd RFA Houston Texans

I believe Leftwich goes to Chicago...Cassel obviously is off the board...I read that the Chicago is actually going to keep Grossman, but obviously if they grab Leftwich he wont be retained...Garcia most likely stays in Tampa now that Gruden is gone...I see Collins staying in Tenn. atleast 1 more season and then Simms might step in...Warner will most likely stay in Arizona...

Im going to go with Boller...he has a lot of start time under his belt and obviously Flacco is the man in Raventown now...Ive always liked Ramsey but I dont think he has enough talent to go in for an injured trent...I wouldnt mind Simms either...but Ill go with Boller

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're wrong. Grossman to me is a J.P. clone. Big play-bad play, no consistency, hit the wall in development, throws a nice long ball but makes bad decisions. He's the one guy I don't want them to bring in although they might. We can argue on this but bottom line, I personally don't feel Grossman is a proven QB. I know the arguments against my opinion but I don't believe in Rex at all.

If the Bills have playoff aspirations they need a guy who will push Trent and win games for us. To me that leaves Leftwich and Garcia. They're both flawed but they're the most proven guys there. I would want one of them.

We know we won't get Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner.

I have a strong feeling (unfortunately) that we end up with one of the foursome of Kyle Boller, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey or Charlie Batch. It's sad but that's what I think will happen.

I'm with you on Grossman. To me, he's a one-dimensional QB and not a particularly good one at that. The Bills need someone who can A) Be a solid mentor to Edwards, help him identify and eliminate bad habits and techniques and help to improve his playing AND his confidence, and B) Come in whenever necessary and be in sync with the offense. The backup QB, who shall remain nameless lest everybody has a conniption fit, was most definitely not in sync with the offense. I think it's very difficult on the entire offense and coaching staff when the backup quarterback has a significantly different style from the starter.

That being said, if Garrard was available, I'd like to see him on the team. Good arm, great character and very difficult to bring down.

Leftwich

I would like it to be Jeff garcia but I believe it will be Byron Leftwich

Interesting.

The guy who just picked up a Super Bowl ring as a backup and has expressed a desire to go somewhere to compete for a starting job, will instead come to Buffalo to be a backup for a team that clearly is nowhere near as championship ready as the team he's currently on.

Interesting.

The guy who just picked up a Super Bowl ring as a backup and has expressed a desire to go somewhere to compete for a starting job, will instead come to Buffalo to be a backup for a team that clearly is nowhere near as championship ready as the team he's currently on.

His last 3 years' stats are impressive...oh well, a fat, guaranteed signing bonus goes a long way to soothe things. That's what an agent is for.

http://www.nfl.com/players/byronleftwich/p...le?id=LEF677964

Interesting.

What if the Bills guaranteed open competition for the QB position? (Which, given Edwards' regression, is probably wise whomever we bring in)

Ryan Fitzpatrick would be great. He doesn't have a great arm. But he is smart and knows the game. I realize this sounds like Trent. But I remember him playing in STL, and how for his first start, he knew exactly where to go with the ball.

I Like him.

Interesting.

how many teams would actualy fit that scenario that needs a QB?....Earlier I mentioned I could see Leftwich going to Chicago...They definatly could use his services, but are they a team that could go to superbowl, most definatly...so lets go by division and see who could use his services:

AFC East - only team I can see here that he could go to is the Jets...If Favre decides to retire , the Jets will need a replacement..I could see them starting Leftwich and grooming a rookie

AFC North - no teams would need him as a starter

AFC South - again I dont see ay teams that need him as a starter

AFC West - Kansas City could pick him up as a starter to groom Thigpen, but I dont see that happening..They currently have 4 QB's on the roster with Damon Huard and Brodie Croyle to help Thigpen..also a lot of mocks have KC taking Sanchez in the draft this year...KC would have to cut 3 of there QB's loose and keep Thigpen and grab Leftwich to Groom Sanchez...If they did this you can add Croyle and Huard to the list of available QB's...Another reason I dont see this is because Leftwich wants a contending team and KC would not be that for atleast a few years.

NFC East - no teams that I can see..I think only one that could fit would be Washington, but I think they are happy with Campbell

NFC North - now heres a division that needs QB's...if Favre decided to retire, the Vikings will have a new QB next season with Favre...otherwise they could use Leftwich as well...The Bears I've allready stated could use him...Packers are set and the Lions are not a contending team

NFC South - Tampa is the only team I see here...If Garcia walks, Leftwich could start here

NFC West - Hmm..Cardinals have Warner, but they might not next season...I wonder if Leftwich would start over Leinhart...49er's could really use a real QB as well, but they are not contenders...The Rams could use him, but thats the same boat as going to Lions or KC...

so thats as I see it, and I'm no football guru

I guess this is assuming that Edwards retains the starting job? If so I'll throw out my hopes of Cassell.

The issue is Edwards' injury and lack of development risks, so the Bils need a backup who can actually contribute.

1. Ramsey, Boller and Grossman: we've seen their upside and it's nothing more than useless to me.

2. Batch, Leftwich and McCown are both solid backups who will give you average stats.

3. If the Bills want to live a little bit, I'd say why not go for O'Sullivan or Simms - both of who have had flashes at times, and frankly they could mix things up.

4. And for the completely different pick, bring in Gutierrez and have him bring the Patriots full playbook too :blink:

truth is is that there really isnt any QB out there that really gives you that feeling of they could be the next franchise starter on any team...its a really crappy year for haveing to find a backup capable of comeing in and starting if needed...most of these guys look like career backups on teams with a legit starter and some look like career 3rd string QB's...all we can do is hope that Buffalo brings in someone that can fill in for 2 - 4 games per year and not kill us to badly...the talent at the QB position just isnt there like it was in the 90's

Rex Grossman. Former starter, young, big arm, Super Bowl experience, cold weather guy. He'd be a perfect fit here in Buffalo and could start for us if Trent goes down. He should be had at a fair price too.

I like Grossman as a backup/emergency starter. He's got experience and he's played in crappy weather. I also like Ryan Fitzpatrick as a backup.

Edit: Looks like you can cross David Carr off of that list. He just re-upped with the Giants for 1 year/$1 mil. - PFT