Jackson Article

Numark

Man, that sucks for Fred. I hope Ralph doesn't gouge the guy. He's played his tail off around here. They should give him a 3 year deal worth atleast $2.5 million per, AT LEAST. I'd say he's proven his worth around here.

I really hope to god the Bills take care of this kid. I am not saying that he should make elite, starting RB money, but something substantial enough to make him happy. I am trying to be optimistic here, so I will assume the Bills will get this done. The last thing we need is a disgruntled RB, back-up or otherwise. I seem to remember late in the season, there was mention that the Bills had expressed interest in getting a long term deal done with him. With the way Marshawn runs, I can definitely see a need for a reliable backup.

Incidently, I met the parents of his wife, while watching a game at a bar, here in Texas. They stood out like sore thumbs, as each was wearing a Jackson jersey. I just asked them where they got them, and found out they were related...

Man, that sucks for Fred. I hope Ralph doesn't gouge the guy. He's played his tail off around here. They should give him a 3 year deal worth atleast $2.5 million per, AT LEAST. I'd say he's proven his worth around here.

I like this idea.

I also think he could play a bigger role on punt returns, he did good when he filled in. Maybe even trade Roscoe and have jackson take his spot. We pay a lot of money to a guy that doesn't contribute to the offense. Fred contributes to the offense and will be a better than avergae returner.

sounds like the right price tag 2.5 Mil a year. Lock him up 3-4 years.

I agree. Lets hope Ralph doesnt screw one of our best players out of $ just because he has leverage. 3 yrs at 2.5 per sounds just about right.

Let him go......back up RB's are a dime a dozen.

Yes, but the problem is he proved he's not just a back-up good for 10 carries a game....he can start. He may not be a full season starter, but much like a decent backup QB, he can start 3-4 games a year when the starter is injured.

I say give him a three year deal with some guaranteed money in it to make him happy. He could get screwed the next couple of years. Heck, we've made some average D linemen rich....Jackson won't hurt the cap at all.

Absolutely. The guy is a playmaker, plain and simple. He's done it two years in a row now behind a suspect O-line. He's the real deal and not some fluke. Time to pay up and keep this guy a Bill forever.

While I certainly appreciate Fred Jackson, the fact is he will be paid a minimum of nearly $1.4 MILLION dollars for 3 years work after coming from a D-III school, arena ball and NFL Europe. I'd offer more like a million a year and a million SB which is a huge raise and gives him some security. Buckhalter made $1M this year and he would be paid more than other change of pace guys like MJD, JJ Arrington, Jerious Norwood etc.

Guys like Lynch, McFadden and AP are currently earning $2.5 M.

While I certainly appreciate Fred Jackson, the fact is he will be paid a minimum of nearly $1.4 MILLION dollars for 3 years work after coming from a D-III school, arena ball and NFL Europe. I'd offer more like a million a year and a million SB which is a huge raise and gives him some security. Buckhalter made $1M this year and he would be paid more than other change of pace guys like MJD, JJ Arrington, Jerious Norwood etc.

Why does it matter where he's from or played at?

yeah, it's much better to pay schobel and kelssay alot more and they suck

I say get rid of him and go with Marshawn as your main man. San Diego let go of that second string guy last year.... forgot his name ,and we haven't heard from him since. Having two WAY above average runningbacks is a luxury that we can't afford.

And with the first pick in the 2010 NFL DRAFT the Buffalo Bills select...........................