Trent Edwards interview with Mike Francesa

1billsfan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I can't believe all the negative comments...

First, there is nothing wrong with him playing golf. He's allowed to take a few hours a day to do something relaxing and non-football related.

What? he's supposed to be in the weight room 12 hours a day and the film room the other 12???

He also said, "I love football" and "I love playing in buffalo." How could most of the posters miss this???

Did everyone not hear what he said how he loves the people in Buffalo and when he goes to Starbucks???

He didn't complain that he was the farthest player from home. He just simply stated it as fact.

There's nothing wrong with spending the offseason in warm weather. Who wouldn't?

I think people are just digging for dirt.

Finally, even if he doesn't "Read" criticism, there's a million other ways he'd be made aware of it.

All that matters is the W-L record. Of course, that wasn't so great this year but, he is young and obviously, needs more talent around him. Yes, he needs to be more consistent and play each month like he did in Sept '08.

Trent is a little too thin skinned. It's clear to me that he is bothered by any and all who question his abilities. He's also clearly a liar since he states that he doesn't listen or read any of them. How can you be bothered by them if you don't read or hear them? That's what I would call a contradiction. If he's that shook up by what little criticisms have come his way then he's got issues playing for this team.

Someone should tell him to come on this board and just read posts by Bill in NYC.....He'll be fine then

This a interview with Trent Edwards that I watched on the YES/WFAN channel on January 30th. It was recorded in Tampa the Monday before the Superbowl. It's about 19 links down the page.

http://www.wfan.com/pages/744503.php

This is what I came away with...

Trent is a little too thin skinned. It's clear to me that he is bothered by any and all who question his abilities. He's also clearly a liar since he states that he doesn't listen or read any of them. How can you be bothered by them if you don't read or hear them? That's what I would call a contradiction. If he's that shook up by what little criticisms have come his way then he's got issues playing for this team.

Trent is homesick. He makes a point to say exactly how far away from home he is and that he's the furthest player from his home. That living so far away from friends and family is still a big adjustment. Get the feeling that Buffalo will never be his kind of town.

Trent is addicted to golf. Says he plays six months per year. That much commitment to golf is not what I like to hear from a player that is going into his third year as a starting NFL quarterback. Does Trent even like playing football?

This interview did not give me the warm and fuzzies about Trent's future with this team. It wasn't a necessarily a bad interview, but for me it was hard not to read between the lines. Here's to hoping Trent will grow a tough skin and become addicted to becoming a better, more healthy, winning QB for the Bills.

No surprise that you thought it was bad, and I thought it was good.

The truth is that you never wanted the kid in there and still don't. The others who share your view of this meaningless interview just happen to be the "JP People," who are clinging to hope that he will be good somewhere else, and for various (however strange) reasons.

I otoh thought that Trent was good since preseason of 07. This interview did nothing to change my opinion. I like the kid, and I want him to play well. I was sick to my stomach when they drafted Whitner, but I also want him to play well. That's how it is supposed to work.

I gotta admit though, it wouldn't be so bad if some of the Losman boys would follow their hearts and inclinations, and simply go with him to his next losing stint.

Someone should tell him to come on this board and just read posts by Bill in NYC.....He'll be fine then

:nana: Good one!

JP should do the same. no? 10 wins in 5 years and we still have a teary eyed bunch, pining away for him. Imagine if he could have won 11 games instead of 10 in 5 years! The fanboys would erect a shrine! :thumbsup:

This place is a hoot in the offseason...

Anyone who lands in Buffalo for the first time without any ties to the area has to be absolutely appalled with most of what they see. Thats why the media pans the place constantly . Come in for a couple days, stay at the Hyatt across from a dead and boarded up Main St. and then leave. ... so it figures (at least to me) that any media guy interviewing a new bills player (especially one from Cali.) will try to play the "doesn't buffalo suck" angle on a player to see what he says. they all do it, even on the air...

so Trent probably is pretty homesick, my gosh, if you had the $$ to live anywhere you wanted and your stuck in buff, how could you not at least say you were "homesick".. he could have said what Mcgahee said, which was probably what he was thinking..... do you think the majority of bills players really want to play in buffalo?

:nana: Good one!

JP should do the same. no? 10 wins in 5 years and we still have a teary eyed bunch, pining away for him. Imagine if he could have won 11 games instead of 10 in 5 years! The fanboys would erect a shrine! :thumbsup:

LoL what did my post have to do with JP....

SEe the difference between me and you...I root for both of them....and I see the positives/negatives in both

You hate JP and wish for him to fail....while you see no faults in Trent....

If you were to review Trents 08 without the blinders, you may see that he had a JP like season(comparable to 06)....

LoL what did my post have to do with JP....

SEe the difference between me and you...I root for both of them....and I see the positives/negatives in both

You hate JP and wish for him to fail....while you see no faults in Trent....

If you were to review Trents 08 without the blinders, you may see that he had a JP like season(comparable to 06)....

impossible for that guy from NYC.

And Lawrence Taylor played and PLAYS golf once a DAY. He had a lousy career, didnt he.

Oh goody...another thing the "I wish the Bills had 52 Jim Kellys on it" losers have to wring their hands over....what kind of HOBBY the QB has.

Losers.

Lawrence Taylor also was addicted to cocaine and hookers. Are you saying that trent edwards should be too? :dunce:

Once the Bills move to L.A., Trent will be just fine. :nana:

Seriously, Buffalo Winters can make just about anybody a little homesick.

Jim Kelly cried the day he was drafted by Buffalo, and they were not tears of joy!

He tried like heck to play for the Houston Gamblers, but with the team he had around him,

he could live with the weather. Plus he had his family come up from PA to be at all his home games.

Trent is alone in Buffalo. What he needs is a good western NY wife! Kelly Married a hometown girl from

Attica, further increasing his ties to WNY. Come on Girls of WNY, pretty yourself up and give him a call,

our franchise depends on it. :thumbsup:

Kelly hated Buffalo so much he bought a home here. As for the other two, I'll have to take your word on it.

No, he initially hated it so much that he played in the USFL for several years first--get your facts straight please.....

And Lawrence Taylor played and PLAYS golf once a DAY. He had a lousy career, didnt he.

Oh goody...another thing the "I wish the Bills had 52 Jim Kellys on it" losers have to wring their hands over....what kind of HOBBY the QB has.

Losers.

lawrence taylor could actually play his position. edwards sucks

No, he initially hated it so much that he played in the USFL for several years first--get your facts straight please.....

he played in the usfl because ralph was a cheap POS who didn't want to pay kelly and caused chuck knox to quit. have you actually followed this team

Really really need to go back and listen to that interview again. You are reading between the lines way to much and are way off base.

I don't care how much you try not to listen or read what people are saying to you. You are going to hear something. I personally am glad he is bothered by it. if he wasn't then to me that means he doesn't care about his performance.

Trent was asked what the hardest thing was for him coming into the NFL. he said it was hard for him to move away from friends and family. He made a point to state he was the farthest away to help give people an idea about how alone he probably felt when he first came to Buffalo. I don't care how much money someone makes but this isn't easy. Money isn't everything which i think alot of people here think. I find it amusing that people get pissed or are amazed when they see basic human emotion coming from a Athelete.

He said in the interview that he loves football and that as a kid he dreamed of being a NFL QB. If that doesn't tell you he likes football then i don't know what is. You also make it sound like he plays everyday of the week for 6 months straight. It's obvious his hobby outside of Football is Golf. It doesn't hurt mentally to get away for a 4 hour round of golf.

You make it sound like you are a expert at reading between the lines. Don't quit your day job. You made alot of poor assumptions and only heard what you wanted to hear from the interview. you missed parts.

:thumbsup:

Trent seems like a Smart guy, willing to work hard and is definatley paying attention. The poster'a analysis of the interveiw is way of based.

he played in the usfl because ralph was a cheap POS who didn't want to pay kelly and caused chuck knox to quit. have you actually followed this team

You, sir, are acting like a tool.

Kelly admits in his own memoirs that he screamed "Nooooooo!" at the TV when the Bills drafted him. He changed his tune once he got to know the place, but it is an incontestable fact that he had little good to say about Buffalo before 1986.

This a interview with Trent Edwards that I watched on the YES/WFAN channel on January 30th. It was recorded in Tampa the Monday before the Superbowl. It's about 19 links down the page.

http://www.wfan.com/pages/744503.php

This is what I came away with...

Trent is a little too thin skinned.

Your comments are a little too harsh. After listening I disagree. I think he is a young guy adjusting to the NFL and life. He has a level head and will be successful. I am happy that he is not so stuck on himself that he has no sense of reality. We'll see if he takes that big step forward next season.

That's why Kelly screamed with sadness when he was drafted by Buffalo. Not doubting that Wilson blew it .. on the other hand things worked out in the sense that we wouldn't have been able to draft Bruce smith if Kelly had signed with us.