The Niagara Bills & draft thoughts...

VJ91

I wouldn't waste my time saying "Niagara Bills" 1,000 times until it "rolled off my tongue." I'm with Jim Kelly, on this one... it's Buffalo Bills or nothing as far as I'm concerned. Niagara County and the idea guy from Michigan like to compare this grand scheme to Boston changing their name to the New England Pats.

There's a couple of huge differences here. First of all, the New England region brings together 5 neighboring states, all of which consider Boston their hub. The Niagara region is trying to bring in Canada, another country that pretty much despises Buffalo. This guy, originally from Michigan, is pandering to the Canandian side of the Falls all the way to Toronto, bribing them by promising to change the name of the team to Niagara, from Buffalo. Those fans came right out and admitted it, they would have no interest in going to a sparkling brand new state of the art domed stadium 45 minutes closer to them unless the Bills changed their name to Niagara. Pathetic. It would be like losing the Bills to.............Niagara Falls?

Secondly, Boston built little Schaffer Stadium and changed their name to New England almost 40 years ago. Today, despite all the alleged wealth and millionaires that litter the highways of Southern Ontario, Niagara County and New York State would still be stuck footing the bill for the stadium! With new stadiums being built right now for the Giants, Yankees and Mets, who in the world is going to back this crazy idea up in Albany?

And I have one question for all the draft-niks and mock-drafters out here: Why spend so much time predicting who the Bills will draft when free agency starts 6 weeks before the draft? For example, after signing Marcus Stroud and Johnson last March, the Bills certainly did not need to address DT on day one, did they? I know that the inner-circle jerks would be wise to sign two or three excellent FA'a beginning at 12:01 AM March 1st, and if they do, that will pretty much scrap just about all of our mock drafts. :w00t:

And I have one question for all the draft-niks and mock-drafters out here: Why spend so much time predicting who the Bills will draft when free agency starts 6 weeks before the draft? For example, after signing Marcus Stroud and Johnson last March, the Bills certainly did not need to address DT on day one, did they? I know that the inner-circle jerks would be wise to sign two or three excellent FA'a beginning at 12:01 AM March 1st, and if they do, that will pretty much scrap just about all of our mock drafts. oops.gif

Because we're bored.

I wouldn't waste my time saying "Niagara Bills" 1,000 times until it "rolled off my tongue." I'm with Jim Kelly, on this one... it's Buffalo Bills or nothing as far as I'm concerned. Niagara County and the idea guy from Michigan like to compare this grand scheme to Boston changing their name to the New England Pats.

There's a couple of huge differences here. First of all, the New England region brings together 5 neighboring states, all of which consider Boston their hub. The Niagara region is trying to bring in Canada, another country that pretty much despises Buffalo. This guy, originally from Michigan, is pandering to the Canandian side of the Falls all the way to Toronto, bribing them by promising to change the name of the team to Niagara, from Buffalo. Those fans came right out and admitted it, they would have no interest in going to a sparkling brand new state of the art domed stadium 45 minutes closer to them unless the Bills changed their name to Niagara. Pathetic. It would be like losing the Bills to.............Niagara Falls?

Secondly, Boston built little Schaffer Stadium and changed their name to New England almost 40 years ago. Today, despite all the alleged wealth and millionaires that litter the highways of Southern Ontario, Niagara County and New York State would still be stuck footing the bill for the stadium! With new stadiums being built right now for the Giants, Yankees and Mets, who in the world is going to back this crazy idea up in Albany?

And I have one question for all the draft-niks and mock-drafters out here: Why spend so much time predicting who the Bills will draft when free agency starts 6 weeks before the draft? For example, after signing Marcus Stroud and Johnson last March, the Bills certainly did not need to address DT on day one, did they? I know that the inner-circle jerks would be wise to sign two or three excellent FA'a beginning at 12:01 AM March 1st, and if they do, that will pretty much scrap just about all of our mock drafts. :w00t:

I like the TUSCARORA Bills....or better yet the TUSCARORA SLAUGHTER.......what about you guys?

I wanna know one thing about all you guys.. Why do u hate toronto... I am from buffalo and love the city of toronto I would actually move there... Yes I would hate the bills moving there..but do u guys hate toronto or just the fact that the bills are playing there

I would find it hard to say im a Toronto bills fan, I have nothing against Toronto as a city but I dont want our bills leaving buffalo, if they do I will be devistated and probably never be able to be so loyal to a team ever again. I am a season ticket holder and If the bills went to Toronto I hate to say it but Id become a Ravens fan or Cleveland, I couldnt be a Toronto Bills fan.

I wanna know one thing about all you guys.. Why do u hate toronto... I am from buffalo and love the city of toronto I would actually move there... Yes I would hate the bills moving there..but do u guys hate toronto or just the fact that the bills are playing there

We don't hate Toronto, Toronto hates us. What I hate, is the idea of the Buffalo Bills ever being called anything other then the Buffalo Bills. If they leave Buffalo, so be it. If the economy continues to sink, the entire NFL might fold before the Bills leave town. But Cleveland fought to keep the Browns name after the team left for Baltimore, and I think Buffalo should fight just as hard to keep Buffalo in front of their name.

I have always been sort of a draftnik.

Niagara Bills is fine with me. No one in Boston seemed to have a problem with the New England Patriots.

whe used to be the Boston Patriots. They seemed to have done Ok. Not many of us live in Buffalo anyway.

Why in the world would the team name even have to be changed to call the Bills a regional team and a 'regional asset'? Aren't they just that right now?

Did the Redskins become the Landover Redskins when they left DC & RFK Stadium? Does anyone (beside me) actually now call the two teams that used to play in NYC the New Jersey Jets and Jersey Giants? Do we call our team the Orchard Park Bills?

Some ideas are just plain silly. WTF is a Niagara Bill???? The team name comes from Buffalo Bill Cody - Niagara Bills not only has no 'ring' to it, it makes no sense!

NF is twenty minutes from the city of Buffalo - they can be a 'regional asset', even play in the Falls, and STILL be the Buffalo Bills. :w00t:

I want somone to make a propsal on how we can keep the bills in buffalo..

We need someone to start a website, study the situation in Green Bay, come up with a realistic Public-Owned solution... Then take pledges from people who would be willing to buy shares in the team to reach a goal amount. This movement could get legs in the media, volunteers could be found, people could man a table at home games and other Buffalo-area events. Then you could put a nice report forth to the guys who could make it happen like kelly, Schumer, Kemp, Goodell, etc...

I think Goodell said something before (maybe to Schumer?) leaving the door ajar to the possibility of the team being at least partially publically-owned.

If Buffalo wants to truly retain the Bills, they are going to need to take advantage of the Toronto Market. Niagara County is not a bad idea, but how about just moving the stadium to the Northtowns (N. Tonawanda? Grand Island?). It takes 40 minutes less of travel time for the fans from Toronto. Indifference from the fans from Rochester and inside the city limits. The only people it hurts are the people from the Southtowns and they can deal with it. Considering the people from the northtowns were dealing with it for the past 40 years. People who have dreams of putting the stadium on the Waterfront will have to deal with the same special interest problems that existed when Rich Stadium was built (Which was originally supposed to be on the Waterfront)...

niagara bills......hmmmm........ i like the sound of that.

about as much as i like the sound of being stabbed in the eye with a searing hot poker.

i'll pass.

alot of good the "niagara bills" will be to canadians once the new boarder rules go into effect. 50% probably wont be able to cross the boarder, and the other 50% will have already bought/had passports.