Mike Brown Safety

MrLocke

Last season the Bills made a run at Marlon Mcree. This to me showed that they were not satisfied with the group of Whitner, Simpson, Scott and Wilson. Are people satisfied with Whitner at FS and Scott at SS? I personally would like the Bills to make a run at Mike Brown given his ties to Jauron and he is 30 right on which means he probably has another season or two. I also think he may want to come here given his ties to Jauron.

Last season the Bills made a run at Marlon Mcree. This to me showed that they were not satisfied with the group of Whitner, Simpson, Scott and Wilson. Are people satisfied with Whitner at FS and Scott at SS? I personally would like the Bills to make a run at Mike Brown given his ties to Jauron and he is 30 right on which means he probably has another season or two. I also think he may want to come here given his ties to Jauron.

Probably not. He'll be another year or two older by the time the Bills get a real head coach. My FA strategy now with Jauron being retained would be to spend as little as possible on players and do everything I could to eliminate highly paid unproductive players from the team so that there is maximum cap space available for the next coach. The Bills are taking '09 off for the most part.

Probably not. He'll be another year or two older by the time the Bills get a real head coach. My FA strategy now with Jauron being retained would be to spend as little as possible on players and do everything I could to eliminate highly paid unproductive players from the team so that there is maximum cap space available for the next coach. The Bills are taking '09 off for the most part.

What an absurd stance and post...

How about Jermaine Phillips from Tampa? He's not an Elite S, but a deffinate upgrade.

What an absurd stance and post...

Not at all. Let's get real. The front office knows now that Jauron can't coach. Probably a lame duck season for him. Most of the players know this too which means they're playing for a guy in which they don't believe and one whom is likely to be fired. The fans for the most part certainly see this as well as does the media. Jauron is retaining his coordinators which likely means the same unsuccessful styles of offense and defense will be deployed.

The Bills will be irrelevant in 2009. The best we have to look forward to (realistically) is some new young talent to be drafted that the next coaching staff can work with. Maybe a free agent or two. Jauron getting canned at the end of the year would be the best news for this franchise in 3 years or so. Barring some sort of miracle, the Bills will again be below .500.

Not negative people. It's real.

I should have posted this yesterday. Grounhog day would have been the perfect time.

Not at all. Let's get real. The front office knows now that Jauron can't coach. Probably a lame duck season for him. Most of the players know this too which means they're playing for a guy in which they don't believe and one whom is likely to be fired. The fans for the most part certainly see this as well as does the media. Jauron is retaining his coordinators which likely means the same unsuccessful styles of offense and defense will be deployed.

The Bills will be irrelevant in 2009. The best we have to look forward to (realistically) is some new young talent to be drafted that the next coaching staff can work with. Maybe a free agent or two. Jauron getting canned at the end of the year would be the best news for this franchise in 3 years or so. Barring some sort of miracle, the Bills will again be below .500.

I should have posted this yesterday. Grounhog day would have been the perfect time.

way to

Keepthefaith

:w00t:

Ha Ha Ha! What a turd!

This to me showed that they were not satisfied with the group of Whitner, Simpson, Scott and Wilson.

Maybe they aren't satisfied with Whitner, Scott, and Wilson true but what have to keep Simpson if nothing else then because HE IS WORTH MILLIONS!!!!

I cant even dignify this gibberish with an intelligent response...so I will stoop to the level of the merit of the post...

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I cant even dignify this gibberish with an intelligent response...so I will stoop to the level of the merit of the post...

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Nice!!! :w00t:

Well like any acquisition, it's how much you like the player and how much would he cost. The other thing I now add (since the Mike Furrey discussion) is if the player won't stand in the way of developing a young guy who has promise.

If he came at the veteran minimum I can't see how it could hurt, unless you hold the opinion that Ko Simpson or John Wendling is on an upward curve to being a starter. I don't hold that opinion.

As usual it's a simple cost:benefit analysis.

Well like any acquisition, it's how much you like the player and how much would he cost. The other thing I now add (since the Mike Furrey discussion) is if the player won't stand in the way of developing a young guy who has promise.

If he came at the veteran minimum I can't see how it could hurt, unless you hold the opinion that Ko Simpson or John Wendling is on an upward curve to being a starter. I don't hold that opinion.

As usual it's a simple cost:benefit analysis.

No it wouldn't hurt, but he's not coming to the Bills for the "Veteran Minimum". It's not going to happen. He'd go to a team where he has the chance to win a Super Bowl for the "Veteran Minimum". He would be better than our guys, but he's been hurt every year since 2004 basically. He's missed most of '04 because of an achilles injury, '05 because of a calf, '06 because of a Lisfranc fracture, '07 knee injury, and '08 it was a calf injury that landed him on IR again in week 15. Somebody will give him more money than he's worth on the open market.

Brown was the "LYNCH-pin" of the Chicago defense when they were good 4-5 yrs ago.

I wouldn't have a problem seeing what he's got. He's got attitude when it comes to hits. Sanders and Palamalu are injured a lot as well. Not saying Browns in their cat'y buy I'm just sayin'

I do remember the players asking Ralph to KEEP Jauron.

Deep down many of you know I'm right but you can't stand to admit it. As a Bills fan, I don't like it either.

There's an old saying: "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten". Look at the Bills objectively. They're going nowhere. They'll be an also-ran in 2009. They lack a coach with a winning formula, a front office that can attract quality free agents and pay for them and a coaching staff that effectively identifies and develops young talent. Until they improve these areas, the players won't matter that much.

I do remember the players asking Ralph to KEEP Jauron.

So you believe that the very few players that have spoken publically on the matter are being open an honest and that those few public opinions reflect the real sentiment of the team as a whole? You believe that these young players most of whom have never played in a winning NFL environment know the difference between a good coaching staff and their coaching staff? You believe that the players really have confidence in Jauron? No doubt in that locker room? Only the fans feel this way?

Deep down many of you know I'm right but you can't stand to admit it. As a Bills fan, I don't like it either.

There's an old saying: "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten". Look at the Bills objectively. They're going nowhere. They'll be an also-ran in 2009. They lack a coach with a winning formula, a front office that can attract quality free agents and pay for them and a coaching staff that effectively identifies and develops young talent. Until they improve these areas, the players won't matter that much.

I fully agree with all of your posts here. The only thing I might disagree with is the idea that the players dislike Jauron. I really do think they like him. I couldn't begin to tell you why, but they seem to genuinely like him. That pisses me off just about as much as anything.

So you believe that the very few players that have spoken publically on the matter are being open an honest and that those few public opinions reflect the real sentiment of the team as a whole? You believe that these young players most of whom have never played in a winning NFL environment know the difference between a good coaching staff and their coaching staff? You believe that the players really have confidence in Jauron? No doubt in that locker room? Only the fans feel this way?

Yes I do believe a lot of player believe in him. I don't know why. I remember when we hired Dick and former players kept saying how they loved to play for him. Maybe he keeps things in house, I don't know but theres something most don't see. There is something to be said for that.

When healthy, Mike Brown is one of the best safeties in the league. I think the staff of the Buffalo Bills is probably not going to make to many changes in the secondary this offseason.