Didn't This Board Hate Wilson a Few Weeks Ago?

CJPearl2

I seem to remember a lot of hatred for the man after he retained Jauron.

I still hate him. I enjoyed mostly his laughter today as he proclaimed that he hasn't had much of a product in the Bills over the last 10-15 years. It was quite entertaining.

Yep! I am still very ticked at Ralph right now, but his importance to the AFL, NFL, and the Bills for almost 50 years has certainly earned him a place in the Hall of Fame.

I completely agree that Ralph deserves to be in tge HOB due to historic role in the founding of the AFL and his willingness to risk his 10K back when this was real money for an NFL owner.

However, this deserved praise does not invalidate the fact that he has presided over a team that has gone over a decade without tasting the playoffs. It is also my opinion that this fact is in a large part based in dumb personal decisions by Ralph from him thinking Jimbo had a lot of career left when he was done as a player (I think the Bills with Ralph in charge waited at least a year too long before getting a replacement for JK and then rushed TC along.

Further, there was series of Ralph miscues from his handling and assessment of his relationship with Butler, using his "right" to dicker with is team to play a role in the promotion of Rob Johnson, authorizing a bad deal with Flutie and RJ leaving us in a fatal cap position, mismanaging his relationship with Wade, putting us into a position where we had little choice but to go with TD and then letting TD make some dumb moves along with his good ones, etc etc etc.

Praising Ralph for getting his deserved honor is a good fact. Doing this however, does not invalidate that the truth is that fish rots from the head down and a lot of the horrors of the past decade has the buck stopping with Ralph.

Reality is simply reality and even a semi-intelligent mind has to see that all these facts are real and should be acknowledged.

The only morons are those who judge he is all bad or that he is all good.

I still hate him. I enjoyed mostly his laughter today as he proclaimed that he hasn't had much of a product in the Bills over the last 10-15 years. It was quite entertaining.

You sound like a great guy and an even better Bills fan! :lol: By the way the Bills were in the superbowl 15 years ago and your sharp memeory is entertaining.

Did you get spanked on your birthday? People have enough class to not point out what a joke this franchise is and has been for the majority of its existence (thanks to Ralph's bumbling) and you take it to mean that the love is flowing?

Speaking only for myself, I never hated Ralph. His hiring of guys such as Jauron, and Levy as a GM (or at any capacity at his age) were truly dumb moves. It is even hard to believe that anyone could do something this outrageous.

That said, I thank him for keeping the AFL (a truly great league) afloat, providing me with an outlet to root for a New York football team, have great times at RWS, and make friends with quite a few wonderful people.

Congrats Mr. Wilson for this well deserved honor. :lol:

I completely agree that Ralph deserves to be in tge HOB due to historic role in the founding of the AFL and his willingness to risk his 10K back when this was real money for an NFL owner.

However, this deserved praise does not invalidate the fact that he has presided over a team that has gone over a decade without tasting the playoffs. It is also my opinion that this fact is in a large part based in dumb personal decisions by Ralph from him thinking Jimbo had a lot of career left when he was done as a player (I think the Bills with Ralph in charge waited at least a year too long before getting a replacement for JK and then rushed TC along.

Further, there was series of Ralph miscues from his handling and assessment of his relationship with Butler, using his "right" to dicker with is team to play a role in the promotion of Rob Johnson, authorizing a bad deal with Flutie and RJ leaving us in a fatal cap position, mismanaging his relationship with Wade, putting us into a position where we had little choice but to go with TD and then letting TD make some dumb moves along with his good ones, etc etc etc.

Praising Ralph for getting his deserved honor is a good fact. Doing this however, does not invalidate that the truth is that fish rots from the head down and a lot of the horrors of the past decade has the buck stopping with Ralph.

Reality is simply reality and even a semi-intelligent mind has to see that all these facts are real and should be acknowledged.

The only morons are those who judge he is all bad or that he is all good.

Where did you learn to write?

I don't hate Ralph. He deserves to be in the HOF. But he still should have fired DJ, and he should have brought in a better GM to help him make the right decisions. Both Polian and Butler left under strained conditions, and Donahoe was a joke. Marv Levy was a huge mistake, and now Wilson has settled on his inner-circle-jerks to run the team with him as president.

Fine. As a life long Bills fan, I've stopped complaining and hope for a few things to happen:

1) DJ proves he can coach a winning team.

2) Brandon proves he has some personnel talent.

3) Buddy Nix helps find some good players in the draft like he used to under Butler.

4) Whatever players line up to start the season in September, find some passion about winning over their "love" of Jauron.

5) The Bills make the playoffs in '09.

If 1 through 4 doesn't add up to 5, then Wilson should finally blow it all up again, and bite the bullet at 91 years old and bring in some proven football personnel people to run his 51 year old franchise for him once again in '10.

Retaining Jauron was a cheap, careless and bone-headed move on his part. But his HOF induction is a big deal, 50 years. And the truth is he has been very loyal to Buffalo. We're giving credit where credit is due.

Yes he's been loyal--but Buffalo is also very close and convenient to his Detroit home. So before we canonize the guy...

Yes. I hated him and still hate him. Do you think people love him now because of (probably deserved) HOf selection? I say F### that. he still sucks and this team will not get better until he is not in control

Hate him? Um, no. I give him credit for being the founder of the Buffalo Bills and being one of the pioneers of the game. He deserves to go into the HoF for all the things he has done for the game.

I do think he is simply overmatched as his team's President, de facto "GM inner circle" ring leader, and resident "football guy" trying to compete in today's NFL.