Will Andre Reed become a HOF WR??

SKOOBY

Will Andre Reed become a HOF WR, YES!! He should be there already. Andre Reed dominated at his position in the late 80's, early 90's. The criteria of a dominant player is when an opposing team has to game plan for you as an offensive/defensive player and Reed kept many a defensive coordinator up at night. You have to look no further than the defensive game plan in Super Bowl XXV. The Giants knew Andre Reed was the key to the passing attack and they limited him and our offense. As far as his stats, he was at the top of the heap when he retired. Should he get in before Cris Carter? Hell YES. Cris Carter,IMO, wasn't a dominant player. Yes he caught a lot of passes/TD's, but I wonder what Reed's stats would have been if he had a young Randy Moss opposite him. Hell, if Eric Moulds would have become the player he was a little earlier in his career how much would have Reed's stats grown. RAC, should have stood for Reed After Catch. That's how he made his mark and the only player that was comparable to him was the great Jerry Rice. Andre changed the game as a slot receiver and I'm disappointed that he is not in the HOF.

Fifth in NFL history in total career receptions, ninth in NFL history in total career receiving yards with 13,198. Reed is also eleventh in NFL history in total career touchdown receptions with 87. Dominant in his era. Add to that 7 pro bowls.

The HOF has 20 modern era WRs. Reed deserves to be among them.

Very good WR...I am not sure he was one of the best...I hope he gets in, though!!

Very good? Eric Moulds was very good. Reed was great. Problem with Andre was his surly attitude and mental breakdowns.

He was the AFC premier receiver during the early 90s--what else do you need to be? It will probably take him two to three more years. He was better than Art Monk.

I don't think it will happen for a long time if ever. 88 TD's and less than a 1000 receptions really make him a borderline candidate. If he'd of gotten atleast one superbowl I think he'd have a better chance. I sure hope so though.

If he does not make it in the next few years, he's going to be one of those ones

that take awhile.

My fear for him is he's up against Rice next year who is a no-brainer. I don't think

the HOF committee would put in two WR's in a year.

Don't really know if he deserves the HOF that quick anyway. There a many HOF worthy

WR's who have not made it.

If Chris Carter, and Brown make it then Reed should too....These 3 Gentlemen are in the same class of WRs...

How so? Carter has more touchdowns (130>88), more receptions (1,101>951) and more yards (13,899>13,198) than Andre. I'm doing my best not to be a homer because I loved growing up watching Reed but Carter hold a pretty safe statistical lead in the same amount of years over Reed. I hate Carter as an announcer but he deserves the hall before Andre in my opinion.