Lynch

Dont know if you get them confused sometimes, but Lynch is much much much much much more elusive than Jackson.

A deffinition:

elusive

Adjective

1. difficult to find or catch

Jackson does not make people miss in the open field like Lynch. He simpley doesn't. Jackson is better at slicing through holes at the line of scrimmage, if that is what you are thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adxy0HAkyHI

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is starting to scare me.

Just starting?

Hey, let's do WR rankings next:

1. Fitz

2. Lee Evans

3. A. Johnson

4. Moss

5. Boldin

QB's next:

1. Brady

2. Edwards

3. Favre

4. Warner

5. Big Ben

B-)

I feel like some of you guys undervalue him. I can only think of Peterson as being better than him.

Please don't pull out stats. I know that "numbers don't lie," but they also don't tell the whole story. Please dont attempt to tell me Lynch would have the same stats if he was on the steelers, pats, etc.

Where do you guys put him? I have him as 2nd best.

Lynch will never be an ELITE back until he learns to consistently hit the hole hard and fast. When he does, he truly is a beast. When he dances too much, which he has a tendency to do, he gets no where. The problem with Lynch is this...often when he makes all these crazy moves and power runs to get back to the line of scrimmage or gain a modest yard or two, it looks impressive but really was a result of hesitation and not hitting the hole hard. So what ended up being a 2 yard gain could have been a better gain if he just would have powered right up through the hole.

Right now, he is a pretty good RB, but wont be a great back until he can do that consistently. I will say this though, he was doing a much better job the last half of the season at this, so I think this next year he will really improve if he can build on that. He definitely has the potential and heart to get there...

He also has the T.O. syndrome catching the ball...where he starts to look up field to run after the catch before seeing the ball all the way into his hands, and that causes him to drop too many passes. He needs to gain more focus on seeing the ball all the way to his hands and then he become more of a threat in the passing game.

Lynch will never be an ELITE back until he learns to consistently hit the hole hard and fast. When he does, he truly is a beast. When he dances too much, which he has a tendency to do, he gets no where. The problem with Lynch is this...often when he makes all these crazy moves and power runs to get back to the line of scrimmage or gain a modest yard or two, it looks impressive but really was a result of hesitation and not hitting the hole hard. So what ended up being a 2 yard gain could have been a better gain if he just would have powered right up through the hole.

Right now, he is a pretty good RB, but wont be a great back until he can do that consistently. I will say this though, he was doing a much better job the last half of the season at this, so I think this next year he will really improve if he can build on that. He definitely has the potential and heart to get there...

He also has the T.O. syndrome catching the ball...where he starts to look up field to run after the catch before seeing the ball all the way into his hands, and that causes him to drop too many passes. He needs to gain more focus on seeing the ball all the way to his hands and then he become more of a threat in the passing game.

That may have been the case in the first half of the season, but he definitely hit the hole and was an ELITE back in the second half of this season.

haha

i know your stuck on this Jackson thing, but eventually I'm sure you'll see what he really is

The Bills have one player in the top ten of any position, and alot of you want to trade him. Not including special teams, Jason Peters is the only player to crack the top ten. If you really wanted to be clever maybe you could make a case for Terrence. Anybody else, and you are just grasping at straws.

Guest dog14787
Dont know if you get them confused sometimes, but Lynch is much much much much much more elusive than Jackson.

A deffinition:

elusive

Adjective

1. difficult to find or catch

Jackson does not make people miss in the open field like Lynch. He simpley doesn't. Jackson is better at slicing through holes at the line of scrimmage, if that is what you are thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adxy0HAkyHI

Lynch runs head long into tacklers half the time and ends up making one or two yards. B-)

you can see who is faster with how they run in the open field.......40 times mean little to how a player runs in full pads.

jackson had 37 catches for 317 yards compared to lynch's 47 for 300. lynch was thrown to more.

I don't believe that's correct. Jackson often came into the game in 3rd down situations. Unless you've got something to back that statement up, I'm going to have to disagree and say they were targeted a similar number of times.

I don't believe that's correct. Jackson often came into the game in 3rd down situations. Unless you've got something to back that statement up, I'm going to have to disagree and say they were targeted a similar number of times.

Here are receiving stats for your enjoyment. This might settle your argument.

Linky Thingy

That's too much confusion for me...I'm not sure I even understand what they're telling me.

<sigh>

Fred Jackson: 45 Throws for a 82% completion rate. Therefore, out of the 45 passes thrown to Jackson, he caught 82 percent of them.

Marshawn Lynch: 67 Throws for a 70% completion rate. Therefore, out of the 67 passes thrown to Lynch, he caught 70 percent of them.

Guest dog14787
<sigh>

Fred Jackson: 45 Throws for a 82% completion rate. Therefore, out of the 45 passes thrown to Jackson, he caught 82 percent of them.

Marshawn Lynch: 67 Throws for a 70% completion rate. Therefore, out of the 67 passes thrown to Lynch, he caught 70 percent of them.

Thanks, which makes Jackson the better receiver.

Thanks, which makes Jackson the better receiver.

Well hang on there Columbo, how many of those incompletions were drops? how many were overthrows? how many were underthrows? I should think that those things contribute to who's a better receiver.

If I wanted to make a concrete case for Lynch, I'd simply say that he caught more balls, had more yards, and scored more touchdowns, but there's other factors involved, right?

Look, Jackson is good, and I'm glad the Bills have him, but a better player than Lynch, he's not.