Favorite Game Day Appetizer

BUFFALOTONE

Ok, what is your favorite app to make for the games? Has to be home made:

Mine is MOJO marineted grilled chicken nachos

Marinate 5-6 chik breast over night in MOJO (Thinner cut breasts soaks up the flavor better)

chop tomatoes, lettuce, onion, scallions or what ever topper you want.

I melt some pepper jack, cheddar and havarti together. Cut the chicken up pretty well and throw everything over your favorite tortilla chip. I try and layer everything.

What apps are a must for the game this sunday?

Ok, what is your favorite app to make for the games? Has to be home made:

What apps are a must for the game this sunday?

Back when I could get away with eating really bad stuff I used to love what we called "dog food" - cook a LB of loose sausage and drain. Melt in velveeta cheese - amount can vary to taste but should not be "runny" put mixture on small slices of bread that have been lightly toasted (can toss on a cookie sheet in the ovenunder the broiler for a minute or two). If you like it spicy add red peper flakes till your heart is content. Simple and sinfully good - this is why I no longer eat the stuff but I remember it very fondly

Back when I could get away with eating really bad stuff I used to love what we called "dog food" - cook a LB of loose sausage and drain. Melt in velveeta cheese - amount can vary to taste but should not be "runny" put mixture on small slices of bread that have been lightly toasted (can toss on a cookie sheet in the ovenunder the broiler for a minute or two). If you like it spicy add red peper flakes till your heart is content. Simple and sinfully good - this is why I no longer eat the stuff but I remember it very fondly

Heh...there is a variant of same here in Cincinnati. Ground pork, beef, boiled and drained. Then mixed with cubed Velveeta, milk, a bit of dried mustard and dry parsley flakes, a shot of pepper, a couple of generous shakes of paprika and when its' all melted and heated, just a bit of flour to thicken along with a small shot of milk

That's a dip that gets attacked with U-Name-It chips, doritos, etc.

People scoop it up. Sometimes with spoon or knife to spread on something else..

We can talk about this or that....fact is...cheese, and greasy meat pleases anybody - rich, poor, lousy weather, lousy land, lousy continent - no matter.

Everybody likes it!

But right as you say...not for me or you anymore. Rats... :D

:lol:

We can talk about this or that....fact is...cheese, and greasy meat pleases anybody - rich, poor, lousy weather, lousy land, lousy continent - no matter.

Everybody likes it!

But right as you say...not for me or you anymore. Rats... :D

:D

I miss easy access to 5-way chilli ... another favorite when I could get away with pouring crap food into myself in large quantities :lol: I've never figured out why it doesn't have popularity outside of Cincy

This looks pretty good. I may give it a try Sunday...And schedule my bypass for Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/2...no_interstitial

I've been making those for almost a year now. A couple suggestions if you really are going to try this:

Try some chopped up precooked chicken instead of bacon.

Add some jalapenos, mushrooms, onions or something like that.

Spread a base of cream cheese of shredded cheese to the breakfast sausage before adding any other ingredients.

If you have the means, cook it in a charcoal smoker grill instead of baking, you'll really appreciate the smoked flavor.

Like I said, I've made different variations of these "fatties" or "meat bombs" and no matter what ingredients you use, you really can't go wrong. Try a breakfast variation at some point, sausage, eggs, peppers, cheese and bacon. B-)

I miss easy access to 5-way chilli ... another favorite when I could get away with pouring crap food into myself in large quantities B-) I've never figured out why it doesn't have popularity outside of Cincy

A few years back, Gold Star Chili set up some stores in other States. It was a crashing failure.

However, they, and Skyline still rake in the bucks here.