I want Raji.....

If we pass on Raji I will not be a happy camper. He is a house of a man! They will name a hamburger or a candybar after this guy someday! I am not certain he will be there at 11 but I hope SO.

Unless we change the D scheme we use it would be extraordinary if we drafted him.

Unless we change the D scheme we use it would be extraordinary if we drafted him.

Raji would fit fine. All you need as a DT in the Tampa scheme is quickness. Being big isn't necessary, but is NOT a handicap, as long as you are quick.

Raji is very very quick. 7.5 sacks this year can attest to this.

He would fit fine. I am afraid, like the OP, that he won't be there at 11 though.

Raji would fit fine. All you need as a DT in the Tampa scheme is quickness. Being big isn't necessary, but is NOT a handicap, as long as you are quick.

Raji is very very quick. 7.5 sacks this year can attest to this.

He would fit fine. I am afraid, like the OP, that he won't be there at 11 though.

If he has the quickness.....and the size.....I'd agree totally that he won't be there at the #11 spot.

Both DT's, Raji and Jerry, fit the scheme. They are not at all big fat men who just stand there and clog schit up. They penetrate. I actually like Jerry better.

Both DT's, Raji and Jerry, fit the scheme. They are not at all big fat men who just stand there and clog schit up. They penetrate. I actually like Jerry better.

Raj if he is there but I think he moved into the top 10 this week. Any USC linebacker might be the next best choice left to us that might be Ok.

Besides the fact that he would make it even harder to run against us.......I think he would actually make Stroud even more of a stud.

But we MUST bring in a free agent DE that can get a pass rush.

I have been thinking about Raji more and more as time goes on. If the choice is to have an edge rusher that is not a full time starter or a guy who can be on the field at all times in Raji.....well......

I bet if you look at draft history, it would be rare to find the #1 DT prospect go off the board after pick ten.

Isn't there another DT being hypes up? Kid from Ole Miss, I think.

I don't want to even think about Raji because of the letdown it will be when he's picked before us. It would be like Pat Willis all over again. He's off my big board.

Raji has shown the ability to penetrate the line and cause some hazoc in the backfield. I think he can fit in no problem. Playing next to Stroud can only help him.

I'm not so high on Jerry, while his SEC pedigree is impressive he's had some durability issues and doesn't have great size.

Raji on the other hand is massive and very powerful.

Ultimately the Bills should be in a position to choose from a couple of top prospects with guys like Raji, Maualuga, Brown, and Pettigrew likely to still be on the board.

The way things are going, I think there will definitely be a chance that Raji is taken in the top 10, every board seems to have him in the 10 to 15 range. Plus he's the top DT in this draft I think, so there will be the definitely risk of a team jumping up to the 8-10 range in hopes of nabbing him. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, that's my method when it comes to the Bills these days...

I bet if you look at draft history, it would be rare to find the #1 DT prospect go off the board after pick ten.....

You'd lose you bet :blink:

8 in the last 16 drafts

2006 Haloti Ngata #12

2005 Travis Johnson #16

2004 Tommie Harris #14

1999 Anthony McFarland #15

1998 Jason Peter #14

1996 Daryl Gardener #20

1995 Warren Sapp #12

1993 Leonard Renfro #24

Regardless of who we draft, the question still remains, will dickie j allow him to see the field from day 1? Probably not. I have no problem with Raji, but dickie would stick him at 4th on the depth chart behind stroud, williams and johnson, regardless of how good he looked during training camp.