AJ Smith---NFL's biggest jacka**

Big Turk

It leads you to believe that A.J. stands for Antagonistic Jerk. :unsure:

In reality, as a pair of writers who regularly cover the Chargers (North County Times columnist Jay Paris and Bernie Wilson of the Associated Press) have dubbed him, Smith is “The Lord of No Rings.” :beer:

On Wednesday, however, Smith disrespected the wrong dude.

Responding to a relatively benign statement by LaDainian Tomlinson on the star halfback’s website that he has “NO intentions of leaving San Diego,” Smith brazenly mocked the most beloved player in franchise history.

Ok, AJ lets think about what you should have said. IMO, you should have said this.

"There's no question that we want LT to finish his career here in SD and I'm gonna do everything I possibly can to keep him here. LT is an inspiration to our team and our community. I truly hope we can have him finish his career here."

Very respectful but also hinting at possible cap problems making him be cut. JMO

I'd take his bad attitude back. The guy is great at finding talent in the draft. It is hard to believe at one point we had Smith, Polian, and Butler evaluating talent.

What, you're not happy with the team of Brandon, Modrak, Ralph, Guy, and Jauron? Dude, we have a dream team.

If only we had Marv again. We could sign a few more Peerless Prices and Matt Bowens.

Yeah, the BILLS have almost no talent. Well, except that they beat SD this season.

That doesn't count because:

1) Trent played good (should say great but ieatcrayonz may reference his hair) and people don't remember when he played well this season. They only seem to mention the games he resembled dog crap.

2) SD didn't try until the last 3 weeks of the season when they had to.

3) Nobody saw the game cause half of it wasn't aired because of helium balloons.

I'd take his bad attitude back. The guy is great at finding talent in the draft. It is hard to believe at one point we had Smith, Polian, and Butler evaluating talent.

From the article:

In reality, as a pair of writers who regularly cover the Chargers (North County Times columnist Jay Paris and Bernie Wilson of the Associated Press) have dubbed him, Smith is “The Lord of No Rings.”

We saw this season that Smith seems to have undervalued All-Pro outside linebacker Shawne Merriman (currently the sixth-highest paid player on the defense, and not happy about it). Even his most conspicuous success, the ’04 draft-day trade for quarterback Philip Rivers, comes with a caveat: Smith allowed Drew Brees, now a perennial Pro Bowl performer for the Saints, to bolt via free agency, getting zero compensation in return.

As I wrote back in December, Smith has been too quick to sign unproven players to contract extensions, a self-serving tendency that may have chipped away at the team’s collective competitive drive.

Working over the face of the franchise isn’t the best way to win over the paying customers – especially given the dubious credentials of the perpetrator. While Smith has shown an aptitude for evaluating personnel, he’s also the guy who, arguably, has overseen a franchise on the decline. The Chargers followed that 14-2 season in ’06 with a 10-6 effort in ’07 and this year’s 8-8 mark. Playoff upsets of the Colts in each of the past two years took some of the sting out of that disturbing pattern, but the bottom line is that San Diego was an unsuccessful onside kick recovery away from missing out on the ’08 postseason.

Over the years I've read enough quotes from Smith to make me believe he is a jackass. He seems to always take unnessesary swipes at people through the media. It may be time to move LT,but there's no reason to mock the man publicly. And like I said,this ain't the first time he's done this. As the article said,he's a "pompous blowhard".