Lost Season 5 Official Thread!

extrahammer

Just wanted to again give some props to Josh Holloway on this ep.

Glad that the producers/writers pulled the Sawyer character out of the "Son of a B word!" rut that he had been in up to this point in S5. Literally, I think there were a couple of eps where a string of those were his only lines. Finally, Sawyer had to be the leader and make decisions. And he did. Kept people from leaving, kept them from giving up hope of Locke/O6 coming back, kept the con going for the 3 years.

I'm thinking back to the ep where Hurley conned him into acting as a leader rather than a hoarding a-hole by threatening him with word of the secret banishment vote. Kind of came into fruition here.

But, he's also kind of fallen back into the con himself, to an extent.

LaFleur was one of the best episodes this season I think.

BTW.... Next episode is called "Namaste"...

I've been looking forward to this episode ALL SEASON because Dr. Candle will be in it.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revisiting that Locke ep from last season with the visits from Richard...

We know that Richard went to the hospital right after Locke was born (at Locke's urging in the 1954 time flash) and saw that despite the many problems, Locke survived. I originally thought that Richard had done something to help baby Locke, but it's now clear that Richard witnessed that the universe/island wouldn't let Locke die.

Forward to LaFleur, in 1973, Sawyer mentions Locke again. This seems to be about the time Mittelos tried to get Locke through the high school science program. In a leadership search, Richard is essentially fishing. Or rather, he knows the identity of his mark, he just doesn't know about the timing.

I just had a thought....

The truce between the Hostiles and DI ends up being broken when.......

the losties get transported to the present time....

DI blames the hostiles for there disappearance....the truce ends...and the fight for the island begins...

so this just hit me while i was stuck in traffic...

who were the first people to wear eye-liner (or the most famous ancient people at least)? Egyptians

there are already plenty of ancient Egyptian references in the show, right up to the temple and the statue.

we have been told that Richard has "always been on the island" and that he is "very old"

what are Richard Alpert's initials? RA

Ra...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

ooh, another theory i was just reading about:

young Ben is in prime position to meet Juliet, Sawyer, Kate, Jack and Hurley. We know old Ben is obsessed with Juliet, and when Michael handed over the other 4 to the Others, weren't they written down weird? Ben specifically asked for the 4 of them, no one really knew why. Did he know how to play them because he already knew of their love triangle from his past (their future)?

it's totally plausible that young Ben meets these Losties. Falls in love with the new heroine, Juliet. I don't know what the deal is with the rest of them, but maybe Ben has had a plan all along.

that leaves us with Jin. i think he is the wildcard in all of this. i think that originally in Ben's past, Jin wasn't there. But somehow, this time, Jin survived. that is why Ben was so surprised when he heard Jin was alive.

i dont know.

Namaste is coming up in 2 days. I've been looking forward to this episode all season. The guy who plays Dr. Candle is supposed to be in it.

As a follow-up to one of my earlier posts, I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to now be saying that the opening scene in this season's premiere (with Faraday appearing at the Dharma construction of the Orchid) will be extrapolated before the season finale. Perhaps as early as this ep.

Producers have said that this season is about why they needed to get back to the island. Next season (the last of the show) will focus on what happens when they get back.

As a follow-up to one of my earlier posts, I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to now be saying that the opening scene in this season's premiere (with Faraday appearing at the Dharma construction of the Orchid) will be extrapolated before the season finale. Perhaps as early as this ep.

Producers have said that this season is about why they needed to get back to the island. Next season (the last of the show) will focus on what happens when they get back.

I have to agree. These past 2 episodes, "Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" and "LaFleur" were REALLY good.

Namaste insinuates that it will not only be good, but as you said, begin to reveal the story of the ones who were left behind and started working for Dharma. We've waited 4 seasons and now I think we're about to find out a good bit about Dr. Marvin Candle other than the fact he has changed his name in some of the orientation films. I'm hoping we get to discover more about the leak "incident". And who his child is...

Also, during this break from last week I've gone back and re-watched all the episodes in season 5. Remember when they returned to their camp and it was destroyed? Remember when they got in the boat and were paddling? There was an Ajira water bottle. Not sure if anyone caught that.

First, did anyone catch (or did anyone Tivo?) what Kate said just after Jin drove off in the Jeep?

I read ahead and knew that Amy's baby would likely be Ethan... but that also didn't come as a surprise. In 2004, that would make him 27. Maplethorpe looks quite a bit older than his character... but then again, I went to high school with someone I would've guessed was 40, and she was 18. Some people just get those genes, I guess.

We met Radzinsky(?), the guy who (according to Kelvin, the CIA spook played by Clancy Brown) killed himself in the hatch. Find out that he's the one who actually designed it. Still don't know what exactly powers it, whether it's the Jughead bomb as has been suggested, and if so, how they might have acquired Jughead from Richard's group/Others and where it'd been for those 23 years. Huh!... 23.

Interesting about Sawyer reading books to help him think. This is a trait of Ben's earlier in the series which vouchsafe is not a coincidence. Combine that with Young Ben's appearance to Sayid. So, Ben knew exactly what he was dealing with from the start, from the moment he read their profiles, and when Sayid tortured him in the hatch. He pretty much knew everything that was going to happen before it happened. Just waits for the right time and for the right triggers to act.

Most everything else seemed straightforward. So, I'll commentate on "Jim Lafleur" saying a big ol' 'I'm in charge here, now!' Quite a role reversal for Jack... and one I don't think he's going to handle very well. Started with his aptitude being set for him as a janitor --- that's a slap in the face. I don't think this "great man" has much intention of taking orders. Preview next week seems to suggest the Lostaways being pitted all against each other. The board is setting up for the game to begin.

First, did anyone catch (or did anyone Tivo?) what Kate said just after Jin drove off in the Jeep?

I have it DVR'd and watched it about 4 times immediately as it happened and could NOT make out she said.

I assumed it was along the lines of "I think you and Jin don't want us here"...but it was so garbled together. I literally said "WTF" out loud...?

I have it DVR'd and watched it about 4 times immediately as it happened and could NOT make out she said.

I assumed it was along the lines of "I think you and Jin don't want us here"...but it was so garbled together. I literally said "WTF" out loud...?

Nope...what she said was..."Who else is here?" Undoubtedly wondering if Juliette was there, as well as whoever else was left on the island.

Nope...what she said was..."Who else is here?" Undoubtedly wondering if Juliette was there, as well as whoever else was left on the island.

touche - about to watch it again with my roommate, will see if i can decipher it this time.

Like your first inclination, I also think I remember her saying 'Jin' in there somewhere.

Can you bring up Closed Captions on Tivo?

Confirmed as:

"Other than you and Jin, who else is still here"...

Good job, Duey

What did Dr. Candle say when he was processing Jack? "They drug me from the laboratory today"... I cracked up! I thought we'd see more of him but now I'm thinking we'll see him every episode.

Every week after an episode a new set of questions arise for me. What were those empty barracks Christian was living in? I think Sun and Ben are in a different time period (possibly future?) and I thought the barracks were burned? Christian told Sun she had a "journey" ahead of her. Does that mean she has "work to do"?

Also, I'm not sure if Jughead is linked to the infamous "incident" because I thought they said in the season 2 finale it was a "leak" that caused the incident, like a leak of electromagnetism?

And finally, I think someone here theorized that Kate could possibly be pregnant, after the night she was crying on Jack's bed, how big of a twist would it be if she got pregnant BECAUSE Ben told her she had to??

Every week after an episode a new set of questions arise for me. What were those empty barracks Christian was living in? I think Sun and Ben are in a different time period (possibly future?) and I thought the barracks were burned? Christian told Sun she had a "journey" ahead of her. Does that mean she has "work to do"?

The empty barracks are the same barrack that the Dharma initiative occupyied in 1977. the dock was the sub dock. Sun and the others that crashed on the plane did not flash, only Jack, Hurley, Sayid, and Kate flashed. So they are in 1977, while the rest are in current time. Maybe they flashed to prevent Ben from destroying the Dharma initiative, hence "saving the island." Or Christian could possibly guide Sun on how to get to 1977? That would be "quite a journey." But also Ben will be involved as well, my guess is to make sure nothing changes. Lot's of possibilities...