Ray Lewis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy has been a 3-4 LBer his whole career. You need a stud DT (s) to run that scheme. unless we change our defense and build it around an aging MLB.

Have you ever seen him shed a blocker. He runs arond untouched.

what MLB is effective if he has to shed blockers? I'd like for you to name one....

FYI, this is incorrect. The SB winning Ravens team was a 4-3.

we shouldn't even think about lewis, we have that pos POZ who's good at repeating the defensive signal from the microphone and can always be counted on to have a running back carry him 5 yards down the field

we shouldn't even think about lewis, we have that pos POZ who's good at repeating the defensive signal from the microphone and can always be counted on to have a running back carry him 5 yards down the field

in fact, now that we know what lewis is worth on the open market, we should give poz a big fat raise and lock him up for 10 years, thus guranteeing our defense to be a bunch of arm tackling wuss's

I think this is all about Lewis getting one more big payday(signing bonus) before he retires. Anybody that has watched Bmore the last few years realizes that Lewis has lost a step. Fortunately for him that step that he lost is a step that most players never even had. He is twice as good as anybody we have. If the bills could get it done I would bring him in. If you show players the money, especially in the late stages of a career, they will come. I doubt it happens though. I could see him playing for the Cowboys or a team like the Eagles.

Ray Ray, said that he wants out of Baltimore, do you think the bills should make the move? I think we should, not just because he'll bolster our defense, but we need a player who can play with a mean streak, need some toughness. I mean it almost doesn't matter, that he murdered some body, I'm not saying it's a good thing, but Ray Lewis is just a freak, and probably the last guy in the league, I'd want to piss of. I'd put him at MLB, and move poz back to OLB his original spot in college, I don't see crowell being retained, I know he said he wants to remain a buffalo bill, but he shafted us over, a few days before the start of the season.

I thought that he already signed an extension with Baltimore? Either way, I'd take him at a REASONABLE price. I picked him up in FA on Madden '09 :oops: , moved Poz to LOLB, re-signed Crowell, and traded Mitchell. :nana: Seriously though, this is a "pipe dream" if I ever heard one. Lewis will want to go to a contender, not to the Bills where he will finish out his career in relative mediocrity. Unless we land some "big name" FA's this offseason, then he would consider it possibly. There's 2 places I could see him ending up. First would be down in Miami playing along side of Crowder and Porter. The only other place I could see him going would be San Diego. They are both warm climates, attractive to a player with his skill set, and they also play the 3-4. The age he's at right now, I don't think he'll want to go into a situation where a team is still "building" for the future like we are. :blush:

is it just me or does Lewis look like he has gained some significant weight?

Yeah, Ray Ray must be on the HGH or something. He's huge now. I'd take him on the Bills in a heartbeat. The guy isn't raising my kids....i don't really care what his off the field history is. He's a model teammate and a great on field leader.

I thought that he already signed an extension with Baltimore? Either way, I'd take him at a REASONABLE price. I picked him up in FA on Madden '09 :oops: , moved Poz to LOLB, re-signed Crowell, and traded Mitchell. :nana: Seriously though, this is a "pipe dream" if I ever heard one. Lewis will want to go to a contender, not to the Bills where he will finish out his career in relative mediocrity. Unless we land some "big name" FA's this offseason, then he would consider it possibly. There's 2 places I could see him ending up. First would be down in Miami playing along side of Crowder and Porter. The only other place I could see him going would be San Diego. They are both warm climates, attractive to a player with his skill set, and they also play the 3-4. The age he's at right now, I don't think he'll want to go into a situation where a team is still "building" for the future like we are. :blush:

why would you need poz when you've got mitchell and crowell

Ray Ray, said that he wants out of Baltimore, do you think the bills should make the move? I think we should, not just because he'll bolster our defense, but we need a player who can play with a mean streak, need some toughness. I mean it almost doesn't matter, that he murdered some body, I'm not saying it's a good thing, but Ray Lewis is just a freak, and probably the last guy in the league, I'd want to piss of. I'd put him at MLB, and move poz back to OLB his original spot in college, I don't see crowell being retained, I know he said he wants to remain a buffalo bill, but he shafted us over, a few days before the start of the season.

Yes...Ray isnt the same Ray that was MVP of the SB, but he is still a good player. Most importantly he brings what we severly lack on our defense:

Swagger

Intensity

Leadership

Intelligence

Identity

He would be a big addition to our up and coming defense and a great mentor for Poz and the rest of the D. If we can get him, then I say grab him!

FYI, this is incorrect. The SB winning Ravens team was a 4-3.

While Urlacher seems to miss Pro Bowl DT Ted Washington, who has been out since Week Two with a foot injury, Lewis continues to flourish in Baltimore despite losing DTs Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa and defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis and changing to a 3-4 defense.

"Ray has been very productive this year," Smith said. "Whether it is a 3-4 (defense) or a 4-3, he is going to make plays. There is not a significant drop-off. He has adjusted very well, but that is Ray."

I stand corrected. He still had about 800lb of meat in front of him to take up all of those blockers.

Ray Lewis article

Much speculation about what he and Ravens will do. He will be a unrestricted free agent. Clearly at stage of his career will want to be paid the optimum amount he can get as this likely his final contract. They seem to speculate they will franchise him if contract they offer not enough in he and agents eyes. Question for Raven's is, if the franchise him , will it anger him to extent he does not perform up to his standard.

Sorry. I've looked around at NFL.com, ESPN....I don't see where Lewis said he wants out. Not questioning, but...well, yes, I am questioning...anyone have a link?

Interesting comma placement....

Anyway, I think the Ravens will tag him before anything happens.

I was looking for somewhere where Lewis said he wanted out of Baltimore. I see Dallas is willing to offer him 3 years between 27-30 million with 25 guaranteed but no mention of him wanting to leave. Link that if you could.

is it just me or does Lewis look like he has gained some significant weight?

You are not alone with that observation. I was talking with a friend about that the other day as we watched the game. Ray looks like he has a lineman's gut now.

Interesting comma placement....

Anyway, I think the Ravens will tag him before anything happens.

I am not so sure about that. Suggs & Scott are both free Agents also. If I had a guess, I would think they would tag suggs.

That is the issue with Ray Lewis. Do they have enough cap room to offer him a contract , do they think he has a number of good years remaining to pay him . Story Here says Cowboys ( of course) willing to offer him 27 million of which 25 million guaranteed. He being a free agent is going to look at what others have to offer unless Raven's offer what he wants.

I am not so sure about that. Suggs & Scott are both free Agents also. If I had a guess, I would think they would tag suggs.

That is the issue with Ray Lewis. Do they have enough cap room to offer him a contract , do they think he has a number of good years remaining to pay him . Story Here says Cowboys ( of course) willing to offer him 27 million of which 25 million guaranteed. He being a free agent is going to look at what others have to offer unless Raven's offer what he wants.

They will have to get the $$ from somewhere. Looks like T.O. could be a goner.