How Fast Will the Giants Decline Take Place?

H2o

I think that Spagnuolo was pretty much everything to that team. He was the orchestrator of the defense that led them to the Super Bowl. Now he's gone, Burress' future with the team is in question, and the heat is on Manning again. It also won't be but another year and the heat will be on Coughlin again with Spagnuolo gone. Watch how quickly they go back to being just a mediocre team scrapping for a WC spot. Next year they will be 8-8 at best.

Well, right now the Giants are defending Super Bowl Champions. Both Eli Manning and Peyton Manning have SB rings. When is the Vince Lombardi trophy ever going to arrive in Buffalo?

I hate this time of year!!

The road will not be paved until we get a owner that hasn't had a coffee discount since the 1960's.

The road will not be paved until we get a owner that hasn't had a coffee discount since the 1960's.

WOW a post I actually agree with you on........A new owner is indeed needed with the Buffalo Bills. Its obvious Ralph Wilson is "content" with things. We Bills fans need an owner thats dedicated to making a winning franchise. If Ralph at least made a solid attempt at trying to win I wouldnt have a problem with him so much. But stop with all these C & D list players, go out and get guys who know how to win and who want to win.

I think that Spagnuolo was pretty much everything to that team. He was the orchestrator of the defense that led them to the Super Bowl. Now he's gone, Burress' future with the team is in question, and the heat is on Manning again. It also won't be but another year and the heat will be on Coughlin again with Spagnuolo gone. Watch how quickly they go back to being just a mediocre team scrapping for a WC spot. Next year they will be 8-8 at best.

As long as the Giants keep their Running game churning, with Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward, they will do well in the tough NFC East. Additionally, their best pass rusher will be back next season. The Giants will be in strong contention especially if Dom Capers comes to run that defense....I don't see the Giants downfall as you predict.

I am sure the Giants will go after T.J.H pretty hard and they have the necessary cash to do so.

As long as the Giants keep their Running game churning, with Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward, they will do well in the tough NFC East. Additionally, their best pass rusher will be back next season. The Giants will be in strong contention especially if Dom Capers comes to run that defense....I don't see the Giants downfall as you predict.

I am sure the Giants will go after T.J.H pretty hard and they have the necessary cash to do so.

The reason NYG will be successful is simple: they have a guy name Jerry Reese as their GM. He and Ernie Accorsi have built this team, and even after Accorsi retired, they were still very good. Reese finds talent all over the place (remember Ryan Grant was on their PS) and had a huge hand in that 07 draft which produced plenty of good players.

A franchise will last as long as their front office can keep finding talent. The team which may begin declining is the Patriettes, who have lost their top personnel guys in the course of one year.

This post is like the annual "New England is going to suck next year" posts.

The Giants have the best offensive line in the game and one of the best rushing offenses. They have a QB who has won big games and a very good head coach. They also have a stable of pass rushers, with Osi Umenyora returning next season. The Giants will be just fine.

I think this team will struggle to make the playoffs next year. The defense will get Osi back, and that is huge, but who knows how long it takes for him to get back into form coming off this injury. The loss of Plaxico was big, and even if he is back next year, he is injury prone and cant seem to stay out of trouble.

Plus, Dallas will still be strong, Washington will be better, and I think Philly is better as DeSean Jackson will have a full season under his belt and the WR's will be better just having everyone likely healthy (curtis missed first 8 games this year).

So, it will be tough for NY I think next year...but who knows...