We don't need a WR in this draft

major

I'm surprised at how many of you think we need WR. Our WR corps is good, what we actually need is a legit pass catching Tight End. You'd be amazed at how that would pull our entire offense together. When a guy can catch underneath stuff and go up the seam, suddenly the run game opens, and safeties aren't rolling coverage to Evans.

The lack of a pass catcher at TE is the one constant in our poor offense over the years.

Why is it, that whenever someone suggests taking a WR in the 1st round, someone pipes in, denegrates that poster, and compares him to matt millen?

Crabtree is the pick if he is there at 11. and matt millen knows more about football than 95% of the posters on TBD.

No question about it - if Crabtree is there, we'd be idiots not to take him. Then again, we have a history of idiotic decisions.

Now if we could land Crabtree AND his coach...

Mike Leach, Harrell, Crabtree on the TTU O-line

As for Matt Millen, how can you not like a guy that smacked Pats* punk Paddy Sullivan (Cheatriots* ersatz GM only 'cause daddy owned the team)...

How 'bout a knuckle sandwich, punk?

I'm surprised at how many of you think we need WR. Our WR corps is good, what we actually need is a legit pass catching Tight End. You'd be amazed at how that would pull our entire offense together. When a guy can catch underneath stuff and go up the seam, suddenly the run game opens, and safeties aren't rolling coverage to Evans.

The lack of a pass catcher at TE is the one constant in our poor offense over the years.

I agree with that 100%. We do need a threat at the TE position most defeinitely. It would open up alot on the offense. It would help Evans and the other starting WR, but it would also help Trent when he checks down. The RB's would have atleast 1 less LB or S in their immediate area to worry about because they would be locked onto the TE.

Look, I'm not saying we need to spend our #11 pick on a WR. What I'm saying is if Crabtree falls to us at #11 what do we do? Macklin will be there, Harvin will be there, Heyward-Bey will be there, but I'm not saying that we should take any of these guys or make them our top priority. I think Crabtree is that far ahead of these guys and would be an awesome addition to our offense. I don't expect him to be there at #11 by any means. But if he did fall into our hands, it would be tough to watch us pass on the guy is what I'm saying. I know this team has other pressing needs, but I think we'd regret passing on Crabtree if he was there.

We already have a great WR in the making. His name is Steve Johnson and his number is 13.

While this may be the case, both he and Hardy are still largely unproven. I can agree that WR should not be at the top of the priority list it still remains pretty high - I'd say probably #5 after de, c , te, #2 QB.

The Bills only have 2 proven receivers on their roster - Reed and Evans. Reed is not a young guy in NFL terms. The Bills need to focus on adding to the talent pool at WR but not at the expense of either line,

Uhhhhh, OK. Steve Johnson may be a great WR in the making, but there's a couple of guys that I'd take a late round shot on like Jamarko Simmons for one. Oh, and I think we know what # is on his jersey :wallbash: If Crabtree falls into our lap though, and we don't take the guy, we'll be missing out on a Pro Bowl WR for sure. He's surely the greatest WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald was coming out of Pitt.

Calvin Johnson is the greatest WR to come out in a decade- Crabtree is a pretty good WR but that's all.

We already have a great WR in the making. His name is Steve Johnson and his number is 13.

Agreed, he was hands down better than Hardy this season.

Hopefully a good training camp and a willingness on the coaching staff to recognize his potential will only better his ability.

Dick Jauron is a terrible talent evaluator though and will probably screw this one up because he seems to believe strongly in giving veterans the start. (Robert Royal, Terence McGee when injured etc.)

Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald were two can't miss WR's and the two greatest WRs I have ever seen coming out of college. To lump Charles Rogers in with them is laughable. Anyone that watched the 3 of them play in college knows there is no comparison

Uh, no one lumped them in to how they played in NFL...but whether you like it or not, Rogers was labeled the BEST WR prospect since Moss going into the draft