Dell Hell

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you use a credit card to purchase the extended warranty? If you did call your credit card tell them you tried to cancel they still charged you, they will get you your money back.

Unfortunately I just had them put it on my account that I have with them. Otherwise, I surely would have done that with the credit card company.

Sounds like its time to switch servers over to Rackspace :wallbash:

I had a chance to go work for them a year or so ago, but I turned it down because I didn't want to move to Texas. In retrospect, that probably would have been a great opportunity. They're doing great.

I had a chance to go work for them a year or so ago, but I turned it down because I didn't want to move to Texas. In retrospect, that probably would have been a great opportunity. They're doing great.

Its too bad man, we could have been coworkers, lolz.

Kelly - maybe this guy can help. :wallbash:

Seriously, though - check out The Consumerist's Dell page - a lot of horror stories about misdirected shipments, missing laptops, etc.

There is also this link to reach the Dell Consumer Advocates and this one that shows the email addresses for several of the higher-ups.

Good luck.

That was your mistake. You changed the official routine.

The populace has been...liberally...conditioned... "I am so proud of my accomplishments - it's about me - I am special -My Computer - My Documents - you take me for granted so I want a divorce (whats the worth of a relationship if you aren't taken for granted...do you want to wake up everyday and wonder if you are still loved? Want to live in a house where you have to be continually pretty and can't run around unshaven and slovenly over the weekend? Madness.)

Nobody listens. Incapable of flexibility. No school system teaches critical, patient thinking. Anything out of the usual is suspect and put out of mind. No history is taught, which used to give youngsters choice, a perspective, allow them to weigh things. Forget geography. It's been dead for decades.

I get a morning coffee at the local McDonalds. I say "good morning". Anyone under 40 freezes and looks at me agape as if I have explosive charges festooned to my skull. I feel the heat on my backside from others in line because I rob them of 10 seconds by purchasing with cash.

My rant is never off. Pay your FICA tax.

:thumbsup:

:wallbash::thumbdown: Bravo! Bravo! I totally agree... Except for the "liberally conditoned" thingy. WTF does that mean?

Ya, sure Dell may have FUBAR'd things. Also, Dell should have never assumed such a cluster phuck. And Kelly, you should have never believed them when Dell said that it was all going to be okay. IMO, this should have had "Oh no!" written all over it from the get go... Away from home on Thanksgiving, brother going to Europe, etc.. etc... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kelly... If the computer gets a ton of use and "abuse" did you have a contingency plan on what was to become almost certain failure?... Like being able to swap the HDD out and place it into another useable unit?

Be patient. A good recession can do wonders for customer service.

The problem is a good economy with really low unemployment figures means borderline retards get customer service jobs.

And companies that are already focused on customer service get more market share. woot.

Be patient. A good recession can do wonders for customer service.

The problem is a good economy with really low unemployment figures means borderline retards get customer service jobs.

How is the economy in India these days, because all of the "Tiffanys" and "Carls" from there who work for Dell customer service suck.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Bravo! Bravo! I totally agree... Except for the "liberally conditoned" thingy. WTF does that mean?

Ya, sure Dell may have FUBAR'd things. Also, Dell should have never assumed such a cluster phuck. And Kelly, you should have never believed them when Dell said that it was all going to be okay. IMO, this should have had "Oh no!" written all over it from the get go... Away from home on Thanksgiving, brother going to Europe, etc.. etc... <_<:blink:

Kelly... If the computer gets a ton of use and "abuse" did you have a contingency plan on what was to become almost certain failure?... Like being able to swap the HDD out and place it into another useable unit?

I wasn't worried about losing files, I had them all backed up in triplicate.

Are you kidding me? The "My Documents" folder, divorce, and poor personal hygiene are all linked through the grand liberal conspiracy? What? :thumbsup:

You know it's all going to hell and a handbasket when you are no longer able to duct tape an annoying kid to his car seat.

On second thought, we really should have known even before that. Who needs a car seat anyway? Right from the time they are infants, we soften them up. Just throw 'em in the back seat and if they roll around a little, they roll around a little.

So, after sending a copy of my post of yesterday (saying there are 10,000 members of an online forum) to both the "Investor Relations" group on advice from GG, as well as a copy to their Customer Care people that said they wouldn't help me, I get a call just now from the "global escalation management team". They are all apologetic and want to help me, waive the $169 warranty charge (but say they have to look into seeing if they can waive the $30 late fee charge, which of course is total crap), and want me to scan the bill from Fed Ex that my brother paid and send it to them to see if they will reimburse that, too. :thumbsup:

We'll see if they take care of all three. I have my doubts but it's a big step in the right direction, and as of now I am only out about $90-100 instead of $275.

There is no question in my mind, however, that now that I canceled the extra year warranty, the laptop will break again and I won't be able to get it fixed.

Buy a Mac. My old one was five years old and freezing up. I lugged it to the nearest Apple store (2 miles) and they ran diagnostic programs on it for free. Looked like the motherboard was going. Bought a Mini and have had it for 4 years with no problems.

You can run the Mac OS and Windows on a Mac.

So, after sending a copy of my post of yesterday (saying there are 10,000 members of an online forum) to both the "Investor Relations" group on advice from GG, as well as a copy to their Customer Care people that said they wouldn't help me, I get a call just now from the "global escalation management team". They are all apologetic and want to help me, waive the $169 warranty charge (but say they have to look into seeing if they can waive the $30 late fee charge, which of course is total crap), and want me to scan the bill from Fed Ex that my brother paid and send it to them to see if they will reimburse that, too. :thumbsup:

We'll see if they take care of all three. I have my doubts but it's a big step in the right direction, and as of now I am only out about $90-100 instead of $275.

There is no question in my mind, however, that now that I canceled the extra year warranty, the laptop will break again and I won't be able to get it fixed.

I've had similar problems with late fees for some bill that I canceled or never ordered. They never want to remove them. My standard response... tell them to bill me daily for all I care, they won't receive a dime from me until they win the lawsuit with my estate after my death. Then hang up. I may owe hundreds of late fees at this point. I really don't know, don't care.

Did it once for a car insurance company. That one got interesting when I canceled my insurance and refused to pay some stupid fee or tell them who my new carrier was. The mail (I assume bill) stopped coming several years later when I moved.

I don't think I've ever called a "help" line or "support" number and actually been helped with anything but the acquisition of a head ache.

Buy a Mac. My old one was five years old and freezing up. I lugged it to the nearest Apple store (2 miles) and they ran diagnostic programs on it for free. Looked like the motherboard was going. Bought a Mini and have had it for 4 years with no problems.

You can run the Mac OS and Windows on a Mac.

I've held off from saying the same thing. I owned Dell laptops for over a decade, until last spring when I bought my first Apple. Yes they cost more, but the thing just seems much more stable. And the support is great, imho.

That was your mistake. You changed the official routine.

The populace has been...liberally...conditioned... "I am so proud of my accomplishments - it's about me - I am special -My Computer - My Documents - you take me for granted so I want a divorce (whats the worth of a relationship if you aren't taken for granted...do you want to wake up everyday and wonder if you are still loved? Want to live in a house where you have to be continually pretty and can't run around unshaven and slovenly over the weekend? Madness.)

Nobody listens. Incapable of flexibility. No school system teaches critical, patient thinking. Anything out of the usual is suspect and put out of mind. No history is taught, which used to give youngsters choice, a perspective, allow them to weigh things. Forget geography. It's been dead for decades.

I get a morning coffee at the local McDonalds. I say "good morning". Anyone under 40 freezes and looks at me agape as if I have explosive charges festooned to my skull. I feel the heat on my backside from others in line because I rob them of 10 seconds by purchasing with cash.

My rant is never off. Pay your FICA tax.

:thumbsup:

Funny stuff from a conservative. You realize that customer service is sooooo ridiculously bad, because it isn't a profit generating portion of business, thus the higher ups prefer to lean out that sector compared to other areas. Also, do you wonder why the customer facing people at these large organizations are some of the lowest paying. There is your answer.

You keep on believing that its the younger generation, not your generation that really screwed the pooch...

I work for a very large O/S and office productivity software company.

Let me put it this way. When I am in the market for a PC, I look to Lenovo. My warranty turnaround time from them is 4 business days TOTAL, from me getting on the phone with them to me getting the box back with my laptop in it. From what I gather Sony is also a very good partner, though their stuff is expensive. I do not buy from Dell. I won't go further than that, but that's basically all you need to know.