Jermaine Gresham is a big, sure-handed TE.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to post this! He has both of Oaklahoma's TDs!

Here's what Chris Brown posted the other day...

McShay has Bills taking TE

By Chris Brown - Posted January 6th, 2009

For what it’s worth (knowing this will likely change 50 times) ESPN’s Todd McShay has the Bills taking Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham with the 11th pick in his mock draft. Personally I’d like to see a pass rushing DE.

Gresham has impressive numbers as is the case with just about every skill position offensive player for Oklahoma this year with 58 catches for 888 yards and 12 TDs. He’s 6′5″ 266.

He’s got good all-around talent with long arms and soft hands. So he’s an interesting prospect, but again I’d like to see the Bills address the pass rush first.

Wow. He's big. Bradford looks to him first on every play it seems. He looks rather slow and cumbersome, but he sure does have great hands.

I fully acknowledge DE is our number one need, but I'd have no problem if we landed this guy.

I agree. This guy is a stud. Would add a dimension that hasn't been there since...McKellar I guess? Gotta take him if he's there

Tight End is our biggest need right now. If Gresham is available at 11, take him and don't look back. We can get DE help some other way. Besides, our defense was pretty good this year. We need offense. Perfect for Trent because Tight Ends mostly go out for short passes. He will become Trent's favorite receiver, after ML that is. Pull the trigger.

He seems like a pretty dumb player. never stepping out of bounds when the clock needs to be stopped. not only does he not step out of bounds. he doesn't run over the player he either.

I agree. Twice before halftime and once near the end of the game he could have gone out of bounds and didn't. The other thing I don't like about him is he goes down as softly as Robert Royal.

Tight End is our biggest need right now. If Gresham is available at 11, take him and don't look back. We can get DE help some other way. Besides, our defense was pretty good this year. We need offense. Perfect for Trent because Tight Ends mostly go out for short passes. He will become Trent's favorite receiver, after ML that is. Pull the trigger.

TE is a need but not the biggest need...the Bills leader in sacks had a grand total of 4

the defense was pretty good this year...what defense were you watching

and Id really like to hear how they can get DE help some other way because the only way they get one in free agency is if they severely overpay and thats simply not going to happen

Just got home from the game and saw him first hand. The guy is massive and runs like a WR. Great hands makes the tough catches. Will def be the 1st TE taken. By whom is a diiferent ? Looks like Gates. Tall, rangy and deceptively fast. Great pick if you ask me.

TE's don't win Superbowls. Offensive and Defensive lineman do. Wait until the 3rd round for a TE.

Here one that lost one though.

I'm not even worried about the Super Bowl right now. You gotta crawl before you can walk. I'm thinkin' with Trent's penchant to throw the short ball, a good pass catching tight end would go a long ways.

As far as the defense not being good this year, they gave up the 14th fewest yards and 19th fewest points. Not great. But way better than the year before and good enough to win 10 or 11 games if we had any offense. When in 4 games you only give up 13, 10,16, and 20 and lose all four. it's because your offense sucks. We need offense. We need help on defense, but not as much, that's all I'm saying.

Just got home from the game and saw him first hand. The guy is massive and runs like a WR. Great hands makes the tough catches. Will def be the 1st TE taken. By whom is a diiferent ? Looks like Gates. Tall, rangy and deceptively fast. Great pick if you ask me.

I agree with this assessment and disagree with the slow and cumbersome characterization in an earlier post. He looks like a Gates clone, long strides but definite separation from coverage. Wide receivers need to make quick cuts. Tight ends do not. I think he would be an immediate help.

I also was struck by the non, out of bounds plays but I think that is quibbling. Those plays are not grounds for disqualification. Every player will suffer from intense scrutiny. He would make a great weapon.

I still think pass rusher is the number one need. Everette Brown or Orakpo. I'd be fine with Gresham though.

I won't disagree that a TE is a huge need right now and Gresham would fill that, but I agree with Chris Brown....pass rush is WAY more important right now. It's the first thing the brain trust needs to address, whether via free agency or draft.