Pacman Jones

Are you crazy? The guy gets suspended all the time! What good is talent if it isn't on the friggin field?

Not to mention the bad pr, and forcing coaches to pay attention to something that they shouldn't have to. Pacman the moron can't behave like an adult. Screw him, and screw any moron who thinks the bills should consider him. It is just plain stupid.

In my original post I said:

If they think he fits, I think Ralph should sign him and pay him well. He should not sign him to a bargain contract just because he can. If he pays Jones big money with little or no strings attached it will create a loyalty in Jones that he has never shown before

This clearly addresses your concerns. Maybe you should read the whole post before calling people morons.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading your post where I truncated it in the quote. I did this because you ceased using logic. We all know what talent means. In your post you seek to tack on new meanings like influence and behavior. Talent is talent.

OK ... so you want to now change the discussion to the definition of talent? I'll pull my dictionary out to check my apparently incomplete, and possibly, totally incorrect understanding of the word.

I'll drop the sarcasm and humbly defer to your point. Let me simply and admit that I could have better articulated my arguments. I'll go at it this way:

Pacman's talent did not lead to the achievement of desired individual results on the field during this past season. Further, I would argue that his failure to achieve individual results in combination with his off-the-field antics detracted from the Cowgirls ability to achieve desired results as a team.

It was also my position that the NFL, along with the Bills, has to consider the potential loss of brand equity, franchise value or the possible direct loss of revenue if they appear to condone Pacman's pattern of unacceptable behavior when, and if, they sign him to a contract.

Its your perogative to decide whether to agree that the Bills should consider these points as they evalute the possibility of signing him to a contract.

None of the above has anything to do with Ralph being cheap or unwilling to spend money to sign talent.

As for the Ralph part it was just that I noticed that all the same people that call out Ralph for not wanting to sign top talent are now saying that we should never sign Jones. You can't have it both ways. Either you support Ralph and his current policies or you want him to sign Jones. You can't say "Ralph sucks" and "don't sign Jones" at the same time and remain logical.

I am okay with someone calling out Ralph and wanting Jones or supporting Ralph and not wanting Jones. At least those are consistent.

I am not one of the ones calling Ralph out for not wanting to sign top talent. I have called him out for returning Jauron next year. If this causes you to want to include me in the group so be it. Statistics from the three years of Jauron's regime show the Bills payroll being 28th, 4th and 16th in the league. (Sorry, I do not have the link handy but USA Today has the stats). Based on these three years it is hard to call Ralph cheap. Average maybe but not unwilling to pay.

Its your perogative to decide whether to agree that the Bills should consider these points as they evalute the possibility of signing him to a contract.

Despite the poor spelling I think I understand what you're saying here. If I do, then you have still missed my point. It is quite simple actually. I am saying that the people berating Ralph for not getting football talent have no right to say he should reject Jones. It is they that ignore the damage to the franchise brand, not I.

I am not one of the ones calling Ralph out for not wanting to sign top talent. I have called him out for returning Jauron next year. If this causes you to want to include me in the group so be it. Statistics from the three years of Jauron's regime show the Bills payroll being 28th, 4th and 16th in the league. (Sorry, I do not have the link handy but USA Today has the stats). Based on these three years it is hard to call Ralph cheap. Average maybe but not unwilling to pay.

The comments I made were not intended for an individual poster. That means you or anyone else. You do not have to prove anything to me.

Despite the poor spelling I think I understand what you're saying here. If I do, then you have still missed my point. It is quite simple actually. I am saying that the people berating Ralph for not getting football talent have no right to say he should reject Jones. It is they that ignore the damage to the franchise brand, not I.

LOL... poor spelling and my lack of skill with the keyboard has always been an Achilles’ heel. Not to mention annoying to me personally.

The comments I made were not intended for an individual poster. That means you or anyone else. You do not have to prove anything to me.

Actually, in my relative newcomer status to the board I've enjoyed reading your posts. I understood your comments were not directed to me. However, it has been fun to read your always present mixture of humor and intellect in this thread and others I have followed.

I have probably worn out my limited capacity for new thought on this post. I look forward to another exchange in the future on a different topic.

"It was also my position that the NFL, along with the Bills, has to consider the potential loss of brand equity, franchise value or the possible direct loss of revenue if they appear to condone Pacman's pattern of unacceptable behavior when, and if, they sign him to a contract."

I'll take this quote from your post.I would like to say thet I used to be a big NBA fan.I bought tickets, merchandise, and liked the product that they were selling.

Then came the strike along with one of the most memerable quotes I have ever heard.Patrick Ewing came out and made the statement we make alot of money but we spend alot of money.That was was the turning point of me not watching the sport.What Pat was trying to explain to me was I need to continue spending my hard earned money to watch him so he could buy that blue Mercedes to go along with the black and red one.Well thanks but no thanks.

The straw that broke the camels back was the thug mantality that seemed to take over the league.I could almost excuse the money comment but when the league strted turning a blind eye to the actions of its players I was done with league.I haven't watched a second of the sport since that started happening.Atleast when Pat was talking about his money situation he was being honest.Just like Stern was being honest about how he felt about what was acceptable and what isn't.

The NFL is walking a very fine line in what they will let walk on to the field and represent them.The one good thing I will say about this is that Godell seems to have a firm grasp of what public image means to the league and for the most part keeps guys in check.

If I remember correctly, Pac Man also has some sort of medical condition with his neck, which was revealed during an

MRI this season when he had a lot of stiffness that wasn't getting better. I think it had to do with one of the vertabrae being pinched. If that's the case, then that's the real reason he got cut. The Cowboys probably didn't want to take a chance with a medical condition like that. Here's to hoping he'll just fade away now. Even though he's a punk, I hope he grows up and matures..........in retirement.

Why on earth would any team want that guy now? Jerry Jones hired a staff to watch him 24/7 and what did he do, started drinking and fought with the people that were getting paid to keep him out of trouble.He is one screw up away from being perma-banned from the NFL, and with his track record that will happen very soon.

Hey,perhaps the Bills should pursue Lawrence Phillips also...

If he goes to jail will he become Ms. Pac man?

OH SNAP!

:thumbsup:

In hell...with Ralph. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

IMO, it's really lame to say that Ralph is going to hell. If you don't like his running of the team that's ok but he's a very decent human being.

OK ... so you want to now change the discussion to the definition of talent? I'll pull my dictionary out to check my apparently incomplete, and possibly, totally incorrect understanding of the word.

I'll drop the sarcasm and humbly defer to your point. Let me simply and admit that I could have better articulated my arguments. I'll go at it this way:

Pacman's talent did not lead to the achievement of desired individual results on the field during this past season. Further, I would argue that his failure to achieve individual results in combination with his off-the-field antics detracted from the Cowgirls ability to achieve desired results as a team.

It was also my position that the NFL, along with the Bills, has to consider the potential loss of brand equity, franchise value or the possible direct loss of revenue if they appear to condone Pacman's pattern of unacceptable behavior when, and if, they sign him to a contract.

None of the above has anything to do with Ralph being cheap or unwilling to spend money to sign talent.

:lol:

"It was also my position that the NFL, along with the Bills, has to consider the potential loss of brand equity, franchise value or the possible direct loss of revenue if they appear to condone Pacman's pattern of unacceptable behavior when, and if, they sign him to a contract."

I'll take this quote from your post.I would like to say thet I used to be a big NBA fan.I bought tickets, merchandise, and liked the product that they were selling.

Then came the strike along with one of the most memerable quotes I have ever heard.Patrick Ewing came out and made the statement we make alot of money but we spend alot of money.That was was the turning point of me not watching the sport.What Pat was trying to explain to me was I need to continue spending my hard earned money to watch him so he could buy that blue Mercedes to go along with the black and red one.Well thanks but no thanks.

The straw that broke the camels back was the thug mantality that seemed to take over the league.I could almost excuse the money comment but when the league strted turning a blind eye to the actions of its players I was done with league.I haven't watched a second of the sport since that started happening.Atleast when Pat was talking about his money situation he was being honest.Just like Stern was being honest about how he felt about what was acceptable and what isn't.

The NFL is walking a very fine line in what they will let walk on to the field and represent them.The one good thing I will say about this is that Godell seems to have a firm grasp of what public image means to the league and for the most part keeps guys in check.

My exact reasons for dropping the NBA as well.