Rey Mauluga shows off his moves

This college kid dances out of happiness a little too close to a female reporter

Are you suggesting he was simply dancing out of joy and just happened to be close to Erin? I know you can't believe everything you see, but it sure looks like he crept up behind Andrews, on purpose, and then made his little move (whatever you want to call that). It might be called a dance, since some dances look like sexual movement, with hip thrusts. But, don't most dances involve moving of the feet?

So, we can call this a dance, if we accept that he snuck up behind an attractive and famous reporter and just decided to be joyful and "dance" right up next to her ass, and the "dance" he decided to do just happened to be one where he didn't move his feet, and thrusted his hips toward her ass like the guy from Bang Bus.

Is that the interpretation we're going with? <_<

Again, I don't think it is a major deal, but let's be real here. He wasn't dancing for joy in the vicinity of Erin Andrews.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting he was simply dancing out of joy and just happened to be close to Erin? I know you can't believe everything you see, but it sure looks like he crept up behind Andrews, on purpose, and then made his little move (whatever you want to call that). It might be called a dance, since some dances look like sexual movement, with hip thrusts. But, don't most dances involve moving of the feet?

So, we can call this a dance, if we accept that he snuck up behind an attractive and famous reporter and just decided to be joyful and "dance" right up next to her ass, and the "dance" he decided to do just happened to be one where he didn't move his feet, and thrusted his hips toward her ass like the guy from Bang Bus.

Again, I don't think it is a major deal, but let's be real here. He wasn't dancing for joy in the vicinity of Erin Andrews.

I guess I just don't see it as that big a deal if Erin Andrews doesn't. He's a kid, He's happy they won the Rose Bowl and there was a pretty reporter on the sidelines. If I was a kid in that position I may have a similar thought go through my head. The only people that seem to be making a big deal about it are here on this board.

I guess I just don't see it as that big a deal if Erin Andrews doesn't. He's a kid, He's happy they won the Rose Bowl and there was a pretty reporter on the sidelines. If I was a kid in that position I may have a similar thought go through my head. The only people that seem to be making a big deal about it are here on this board.

Exactly.

And I think Erin doesn't mind the free PR that ensued. Here's hoping the Bills pick him <_<

On another note Dean. What do you think would happen if this was a WNBA game or Women's Soccer and a team had just won a major title/bowl/championship and a female player walked behind a guy reporter and danced in the same manor? Would there be the same outcry? I don't think so... I bet it would be thought of as cute or funny.

On another note Dean. What do you think would happen if this was a WNBA game or Women's Soccer and a team had just won a major title/bowl/championship and a female player walked behind a guy reporter and danced in the same manor? Would there be the same outcry? I don't think so... I bet it would be thought of as cute or funny.

I think that would be an awfully strange "dance" (we're still calling it that?) for a woman...although given what "they say" about female athletes, and with strap-on sex toys widely available...

OK...I'm kidding, got it?

Seriously, I don't think this would even be funny if a woman did it behind a guy reporter, as there is no real obvious joke there, so it would simply be bizarre and not sexual, or funny. The key to the humor in what Ray did, has to do with Erin being a good looking woman, and him making a sexual movement behind her, unbeknown to her. Isn't that obvious?

It isn't that big of a deal, but it is what it is, I think.

EDIT: And, if a female athlete did a hip thrusting dance in front of a make reporter (the real analogy to what Ray did, I think), many would be calling her a slut and a whore...not just an immature kid playing a joke.

You sound like you are a 100 years old! What is this, "Footloose"? Your "hoier than thou" BS is tired and lame. She dresses like a stripper and doesn't expect to get a reaction in a College setting? She couldn't press charges if she wanted to because he did nothing other than get a laugh at her expense, something that you are more than familiar with. Disrespectful? Maybe if this were church.

I was kidding about erasing him from the Bills draft board, but...would that behavior especially if caught on tape be tolerated at your place of work? Well, that is Maualuga's and Andrews' place of work.

Maualuga's place of work?? He's a friggin college student.

Looked more like dancing not just "Pelvic thrusts". I'm not saying it was appropriate but let's not turn it into something else.

Sadly, that has become an obsession for many people, as evidenced by some of the responses here. Analyzing his 3 second dance to see how much 'pelvic thrust' there was. Just pathetic.

Can you imagine how the up-tight crowd would react today to this photo? <_<

Exactly.

And I think Erin doesn't mind the free PR that ensued. Here's hoping the Bills pick him <_<

Why? So the knumbknuts running the team can have him play 7 yards off the LOS with a 5 yard drop as his first movement at the snap?

Look, Maualuga is 22 or 23 years old. Erin Andrews is considered hot by some. He did what a 22 or 23 year old kid would do just trying to sieze the moment and be a comedian. Nothing more. He wasn't trying to rape the girl on the sidelines. Not everybody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is a young man with a different set of morals and standards he lives by. Should everyone be like him? Yeah I wish there were more young men like him, but there isn't so many. Maualuga is another one of these USC players like Bush, Leinart, White, and Rucker who embrace this "god-like" status they obtain from living in that area and playing for that team. They, in turn, act different. The guy did nothing wrong really. I used to do the same thing behind female teachers at school if they weren't paying attention. It was to make everyone laugh, not sexual in any way. Like I said, some of you people are wound WAAAAYYYYYYY too tight.

Why? So the knumbknuts running the team can have him play 7 yards off the LOS with a 5 yard drop as his first movement at the snap?

EXACTLY why we need a guy like him -- someone who just does whatever the F*** he wants, plays with heart and uses his instincts. Way too many pansies on this team who were born to lose and love playing for their coddling coach (read: Butler, Kelsay, etc).

This guy strikes me as an in-your-face dude who'll do whatever he has to do to make a play, even if that means telling the coach to shove it.

Look, Maualuga is 22 or 23 years old. Erin Andrews is considered hot by some. He did what a 22 or 23 year old kid would do just trying to sieze the moment and be a comedian. Nothing more. He wasn't trying to rape the girl on the sidelines. Not everybody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is a young man with a different set of morals and standards he lives by. Should everyone be like him? Yeah I wish there were more young men like him, bit there isn't but so many. Maualuga is another one of these USC players like Bush, Leinart, White, and Rucker who embrace this "god-like" status they obtain from living in that area and playing for that team. They, in turn, act different. The guy did nothing wrong really. I used to do the same thing behind female teachers at school if they weren't paying attention. It was to make everyone laugh, not sexual in any way. Like I said, some of you people are wound WAAAAYYYYYYY too tight.

Good post. Tim tebag would not have done that to erin andrews. Lee Corso maybe or possibly kirk herbstreit, but no way does he do that to erin andrews.

Look, Maualuga is 22 or 23 years old. Erin Andrews is considered hot by some. He did what a 22 or 23 year old kid would do just trying to sieze the moment and be a comedian.

You're not a kid anymore at age 22 or 23. You should be an adult, and act the way an adult does. Like knowing how to comport oneself in general society.

EXACTLY why we need a guy like him -- someone who just does whatever the F*** he wants, plays with heart and uses his instincts. Way too many pansies on this team who were born to lose and love playing for their coddling coach (read: Butler, Kelsay, etc).

This guy strikes me as an in-your-face dude who'll do whatever he has to do to make a play, even if that means telling the coach to shove it.

Some attitude on this team would be nice. Too many overpaid idiots staying in their comfort zone.

Dean, you need to get out to a dance club nowadays. This is what passes for dancing. People don't have any rhythm anymore so they just sway their bodies, move their hips to the beat, and keep their feet glued to the ground.

It's a deceptive move white guys use trick girls into thinking they can dance! :unsure:

The guy did nothing wrong really. I used to do the same thing behind female teachers at school if they weren't paying attention. It was to make everyone laugh, not sexual in any way.

Yes!!!! It's just a joke!!! NOT SEXUAL AT ALL!

You're not a kid anymore at age 22 or 23. You should be an adult, and act the way an adult does.

I don't know about you, but I still did alot "kid" type of stuff like that at 22 or 23. I was still going to clubs and blowing $100-$150 a night. I was doing alot of dumb stuff. I don't think I really came to my senses until I was about 27. He lives right outside of Hollywood. Look at the example set for these kids in this area. It's the epittamy of excess and wild behavior. Just about anything they want is handed to them on a silver platter because of the almost certain fame and fortune they will acquire. Some people want to make a big deal out this completely meaningless event. It's stupid. Not everyone in this world is a boyscout, get used to it. We live in a modern day Soddom and Gahmorrah if you haven't noticed. There's alot of things that I truly find "offensive" behavior more so than a college kid doing something just trying to be funny.

If Marshawn did this at a Bills game everyone would be laughing and there would be no moral discussion.

Remember when he went up behind Quinn jumping around on the sidelines. That was completely inexcusable behavior. He should've been reprimanded by the league. How dare some one do something trying to be funny if they're an athlete :unsure: