How great would it have been to have a player like Ray Lewis?

VOR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing is Losing. Ray Lewis is a hof lb and better then anything we have. Sorry I dont enjoy watching our group of nice guys who play with no attitude. Give me Ray Lewis and his desire to win anyday. We need players who demand better then suckage
I agree with you. I doubt The "Bills" will make an offer, nor would he want to join a loser organization like the "Bills". The money spent to intice him could be used to fill other needs, like I don't know Redoing Jason Peters contract, Angello Corwell, Jabrari Greer contracts. I believe in following Bill Polian Princible in signing/keeping your own before waisting money on players that have peaked or have problems you don't know about. I do wish the "Bills" had a on field leader like we used to have in Kelly, Thurman or Talley.

Ray Lewis is the LB he is today because he always had two behemoth DT's in front of him. Three years ago everyone was looking for him to retire, said that he didn't have it anymore. In comes Haloti Ngata and he is back to being the best MLB in the game.

Thank you I was getting ready to post my thoughts on Lewis. Look at the seasons after Goose and Adams left. Ray wanted out of Bmore due to his production severely declining and the fact that he thought Bmore was not protecting HIM. He couldnt roam the country side free of blockers anymore until they got Gregg and Ngata. He is a good player but grossly over rated in my opinion. And I dont care that he dances his way on to the field and quotes the Gladiator movie before every game.

He isnt even the 2nd or 3rd best player on that D. Sorry just my opinion.

I agree with you. I doubt The "Bills" will make an offer, nor would he want to join a loser organization like the "Bills". The money spent to intice him could be used to fill other needs, like I don't know Redoing Jason Peters contract, Angello Corwell, Jabrari Greer contracts. I believe in following Bill Polian Princible in signing/keeping your own before waisting money on players that have peaked or have problems you don't know about. I do wish the "Bills" had a on field leader like we used to have in Kelly, Thurman or Talley.

Is that you Chris Kelsay? :ph34r:

Ray Lewis would never have had the longevity here. He would have bolted at his first chance in free agency. It worked out well for him to go to an excellent organization like the Ravens. They do what it takes to WIN over there in B-more.

Id take Ray Lewis over ANY LB the Buffalo Bills have ever had in their history! Fire away ladies and gents......
I'd take Ray Lewis in his prime over any 3 LBs the Bills have had in their history in their prime.

Ray Lewis is the LB he is today because he always had two behemoth DT's in front of him.

Justin Bannan is a behemoth?

Three years ago everyone was looking for him to retire, said that he didn't have it anymore...

link?

And he's a model citizen off the field as well. He's only killed one person.

Pretty ignorant post as you clearly are not that familiar with the case. The vast majority or eye witness testimony was that he was a "peacemaker" in the situation and tried breaking it up. The only one who really was on the "Ray did it" band wagon in the case was a ex con in trouble for fraud that was trying to help his own case. Ray's big mistake, lying to the police about who was in the limo to protect his friends who were the culprits. Ray didn't kill anyone...

He was cleared on all accounts.

I bet you think Kobe raped that girl too...you know the girl that who had no semen from Kobe on her panties she wore the night she was allegedly raped, yet had semen from 3 other men on them...the same girl who dropped the case when she learned she was going to be put on the stand...

Id take Ray Lewis over ANY LB the Buffalo Bills have ever had in their history! Fire away ladies and gents......

Ray Lewis now or Ray Lewis 5 years ago? Because if you mean now you're crazy. He's lost a few steps and he's missed his share of tackles this year, he's nowhere near the best defensive player on the Ravens anymore. Overrated these days ...

Ray Lewis now or Ray Lewis 5 years ago? Because if you mean now you're crazy. He's lost a few steps and he's missed his share of tackles this year, he's nowhere near the best defensive player on the Ravens anymore. Overrated these days ...

I would take Ray in a hearbeat right now if we could sign him. He has an ABUNDANCE of what we lack...

Attitude

Leadership

Swagger

Tenacity

Determination

Energy

I would take Ray in a hearbeat right now if we could sign him. He has an ABUNDANCE of what we lack...

Attitude

Leadership

Swagger

Tenacity

Determination

Energy

True. But his actual play on the football field isn't near what it once was, I'd go as far to say he looks really slow on a lot of plays and ends up standing around looking 'bad' as often as Poz does.

Pretty ignorant post as you clearly are not that familiar with the case. The vast majority or eye witness testimony was that he was a "peacemaker" in the situation and tried breaking it up. The only one who really was on the "Ray did it" band wagon in the case was a ex con in trouble for fraud that was trying to help his own case. Ray's big mistake, lying to the police about who was in the limo to protect his friends who were the culprits. Ray didn't kill anyone...

He was cleared on all accounts.

I bet you think Kobe raped that girl too...you know the girl that who had no semen from Kobe on her panties she wore the night she was allegedly raped, yet had semen from 3 other men on them...the same girl who dropped the case when she learned she was going to be put on the stand...

You're right, I did make quite the ignorant statement. I said he killed one person, when he actually killed two people. Here's how it went down...all the witnesses who eventually labelled Lewis as the "peacemaker" initially told investigators that Lewis had murdered the two guys. But on the day of the trial, almost all of the witnesses suddenly changed their minds about what had happened. Ya think maybe they were threatened into giving that falsified testimony?

Face it...Lewis murdered those guys (or at the very least helped) but he walked because of his stature and connections to whomever got to those witnesses.

I bet you think OJ didn't do it either. (See how annoying it is when people put words in your mouth?)

True. But his actual play on the football field isn't near what it once was, I'd go as far to say he looks really slow on a lot of plays and ends up standing around looking 'bad' as often as Poz does.

I keep track of what's shown here in Cincy. BAL was on 7 times during the season here - same div. as CIN, so of course AFC North games are aired.

I don't have any impression of Lewis "standing around" :w00t:

You're right, I did make quite the ignorant statement. I said he killed one person, when he actually killed two people. Here's how it went down...all the witnesses who eventually labelled Lewis as the "peacemaker" initially told investigators that Lewis had murdered the two guys. But on the day of the trial, almost all of the witnesses suddenly changed their minds about what had happened. Ya think maybe they were threatened into giving that falsified testimony?

...or paid?

Face it...Lewis murdered those guys (or at the very least helped) but he walked because of his stature and connections to whomever got to those witnesses.

I bet you think OJ didn't do it either. (See how annoying it is when people put words in your mouth?)

Thats not exactly how it went down, but if you want to spout off about it going down that way, so be it. I know someone close to the case and can assure you I have more insight on the facts of this case then you...

Then again, you must be right as I am sure your education on this case came from Wikipedia or TMZ...maybe some other gossip column somewhere, which now qualifies you as an expert trial lawyer on such subject to make outlandish claims where not a single thread of physical evidence ever existed...you go boy.