What I find really depressing

Is the mentality many of us, especially I, will have. First, how likely is it that we start out 4-0 or 5-1? Simple probabilities say not very. Second, even if we did, we are now trained to not even be able to enjoy that for the expectation we will find more new and creative ways to choke. That is a lot of negative baggage going into next season. I felt more optimistic after 3-13 seasons.

I have always been the eternal optimist, but am not feeling it so much anymore. :doh:

All these so called die-hard fans are all throwing in the towel now? I like this young team! Nothing is ever as good as it seems or as bad as it seems. I guarantee half of you are blowing smoke....You will be glued to your TV after we have a banner draft and pick up some nice free agents. We just gotta clean some things up but this team does have so great young talent. Next year we will make the playoffs I guarantee it! GO BILLS!

:doh::lol::lol:

All these so called die-hard fans are all throwing in the towel now? I like this young team! Nothing is ever as good as it seems or as bad as it seems. I guarantee half of you are blowing smoke....You will be glued to your TV after we have a banner draft and pick up some nice free agents. We just gotta clean some things up but this team does have so great young talent. Next year we will make the playoffs I guarantee it! GO BILLS!

Ah to be sixteen again.

Boy i tell ya, some fans just throw in the towel when thing go bad.......and at 7-9 they just need some tweeking

and it could be alot worse...Heck the poor Lions where 0-16

If you cut me open i bleed red/white and blue Bills fan for life good and bad times, because i want to say i was there for the whole ride...no excuses.

The Bills have some good talent , they just need to add some more

Dont know if they make the playoffs because of the schedule but stranger things have happened.

I hope the coaching staff looks in the mirror during the offseason because they cost the team 5 games outright the past 2 seasons

Boy i tell ya, some fans just throw in the towel when thing go bad.......and at 7-9 they just need some tweeking

If you cut me open i bleed red/white and blue Bills fan for life good and bad times, because i want to say i was there for the whole ride...no excuses.

Dont know if they make the playoffs because of the schedule but stranger things have happened.

I hope the coaching staff looks in the mirror during the offseason because they cost the team 5 games outright the past 2 seasons

There is some talent on this team and I think this team is about 5 position upgrades from becoming a playoff contender. That said, its still up to management to find the necessary talent and coaching to get that talent playing to its full potential.

The sad fact is our front office and coaching staff is no match for the 3 teams in our division. And the Jets are intent on significantly upgrading their coaching position. Expressing an interest in Shanahan, Cowher, etc. So ask yourself this, given history and ability, how does a Dick Juron coaching staff stack up against Mike Shanahan possibly in NY, Bellichek in NE, and Sparano mentored by Parcells in Miami?

As a fan of 30+ years I cannot recall of time of more frustration, anger, and disenchantment. I really feel sorry for some of the players too. They're going to waste their most productive years playing under this clueless and overmatched HQ.

Right now Wilson is playing on the emotions and deep loyalty of Bills fans. Figuring he can get away with holding onto Juron and saving the money required to buyout him and some of the coaching staff while the loyal fans fill the stadium and buy merchandise. This baffles me. Realistically, how many seasons does he have left until he passes on? And he's content to waste one more season with no chance of winning the title? If it was me out go 'balls to the wall', spend and do whatever it takes, and go for it before my time to comes to leave this Earth. What's the difference if you die with $2 billion or $3 billion? Either way, your family is going to be well taken care of. How about taking care of the fans who have stood behind your team since its inception and leave them something they covet? A Super Bowl champion and nothing less should be acceptable.

The question is, are Bills fans going to buy 'it' next season? Given the current state of affairs I for one will not.....

There is some talent on this team and I think this team is about 5 position upgrades from becoming a playoff contender. That said, its still up to management to find the necessary talent and coaching to get that talent playing to its full potential.

The sad fact is our front office and coaching staff is no match for the 3 teams in our division. And the Jets are intent on significantly upgrading their coaching position. Expressing an interest in Shanahan, Cowher, etc. So ask yourself this, given history and ability, how does a Dick Juron coaching staff stack up against Mike Shanahan possibly in NY, Bellichek in NE, and Sparano mentored by Parcells in Miami?

As a fan of 30+ years I cannot recall of time of more frustration, anger, and disenchantment. I really feel sorry for some of the players too. They're going to waste their most productive years playing under this clueless and overmatched HQ.

Right now Wilson is playing on the emotions and deep loyalty of Bills fans. Figuring he can get away with holding onto Juron and saving the money required to buyout him and some of the coaching staff while the loyal fans fill the stadium and buy merchandise. This baffles me. Realistically, how many seasons does he have left until he passes on? And he's content to waste one more season with no chance of winning the title? If it was me out go 'balls to the wall', spend and do whatever it takes, and go for it before my time to comes to leave this Earth. What's the difference if you die with $2 billion or $3 billion? Either way, your family is going to be well taken care of. How about taking care of the fans who have stood behind your team since its inception and leave them something they covet? A Super Bowl champion and nothing less should be acceptable.

The question is, are Bills fans going to buy 'it' next season? Given the current state of affairs I for one will not.....

Good post. This is all anyone needs to know: If the team owner is satisfied with mediocrity, the team WILL BE mediocre.

It doesn't matter who the Jets bring in as head coach-the guy will have Brett Ratliff as his best QB. Next year is either a total Jet rebuild or another year of more Favre screwups. Either way, their coach is in for a pretty rough year. We'll be better than the Jets-with Cowher, Shannahan or any other guy.

Either way, their coach is in for a pretty rough year. We'll be better than the Jets-with Cowher, Shannahan or any other guy.

We weren't this year......what makes you think we will be better next year when the Jets have far better talent than us and possibly a better coach than Eric?

How come so many people throwing in the towel are "Fred in Alaska", "ColoradoCal", "BillsGuyInGeorgia" Or "Carolina Pete"? My guess is that a lot of these people throwing in the towel have not been to more than two games in ten years. At least the Western New York bashers have been bashing around here for a long time.

Is the mentality many of us, especially I, will have. First, how likely is it that we start out 4-0 or 5-1? Simple probabilities say not very. Second, even if we did, we are now trained to not even be able to enjoy that for the expectation we will find more new and creative ways to choke. That is a lot of negative baggage going into next season. I felt more optimistic after 3-13 seasons.

I have always been the eternal optimist, but am not feeling it so much anymore. :devil:

It's hard to be optimistic when confronted with three issues:

1. An 90 year old owner who insists on making decisions. RW has proven he can't be trusted to make good choices.

2. The lack of a GM. I think it's fair to demand a person who runs the personnel side of the organization.

3. A HC with a combined record of 32-48 in his last five seasons.

Those three items will not change for the forseeable future. Add in what looks like a brutal schedule next season, and I'm not sure there will ever be enough talent to overcome the people managing this organization.

Yeah, but when I was sixteen, I wasn't being deluged with internet whining. Being a fan is supposed to be fun.

Right...it's suppose to be fun...and it's not, and hasn't been for quite awhile. With 35 years of emotional investment with this team--mostly bad, I think I've acquired some right to B word and moan about this hapless franchise and an old bastard of an owner. I don't need someone much younger to tell me what makes a good fan. Personally, I think a bad fan is one who goes out and renew his tickets for next year--just endorsing more bad play.

i didn't know donte whitner was on this board.

What about the Jets or Dolphins made you think they were world beaters and just great football teams? The Bills were awful at times and were in all of those games. Chad Pennington has a long track record of having a good year and then a bad one and Chad Henne is their back-up. The Jets have no QB now. They have no HC.....heck, even if they get Shanahan remember who beat him this year.

The Pats will be the class of the AFC East again but the big unknown is how Brady's knee is....let's not be too dramatic about things here and act like the Dolphins and Jets are great teams. If anything the idea that the Dolphins team we saw play at Roger's center is one of the better teams in the NFL.....not much difference there between us and them.

Tell me you're not Preston!

Would you care to back your guarantee with a large wager? Say $500K?

It's hard to be optimistic when confronted with three issues:

1. An 90 year old owner who insists on making decisions. RW has proven he can't be trusted to make good choices.

2. The lack of a GM. I think it's fair to demand a person who runs the personnel side of the organization.

3. A HC with a combined record of 32-48 in his last five seasons.

Those three items will not change for the forseeable future. Add in what looks like a brutal schedule next season, and I'm not sure there will ever be enough talent to overcome the people managing this organization.

details details

Right...it's suppose to be fun...and it's not, and hasn't been for quite awhile. With 35 years of emotional investment with this team--mostly bad, I think I've acquired some right to B word and moan about this hapless franchise and an old bastard of an owner. I don't need someone much younger to tell me what makes a good fan. Personally, I think a bad fan is one who goes out and renew his tickets for next year--just endorsing more bad play.

Much younger? Doubt it. I've got 41 years following this team. Before I left Buffalo, I was a season ticket holder for ten years, which included some pretty bad teams. I'll reiterate: It's supposed to be a game. As in....not real life. It's entertainment. If you don't enjoy something that's supposed to entertain, why keep following it?

Here's reality: Ralph is the private owner of the team. Private ownership in the U.S. means just that: Private, with no real obligation to any outside party. That includes the city, the fans, or the NFL. Ralph can do whatever he wants with it.

If he doesn't want to replace the coach, he doesn't have to. If the attendance at the games goes down and that doesn't bother him, there's nothing anyone can do about it. If the team leaves the area after he's dead, there's nothing anyone can do about it. So why complain? If complaining makes you feel better, then good for you.

But no matter how much you complain, it's not going to change what happens to the team one bit.