What's more frustrating?

merlin

I wonder if we'd be feeling worse, as Bills fans, if the team had gone 11-5 and still missed the playoffs (like the Patsies*) ... at least we know our team didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, and while I hate to say it, NE probably did ... but I'm still glad they didn't make it!

I wonder if we'd be feeling worse, as Bills fans, if the team had gone 11-5 and still missed the playoffs (like the Patsies*) ... at least we know our team didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, and while I hate to say it, NE probably did ... but I'm still glad they didn't make it!

Missing the playoffs would suck but if we missed the playoffs at 11-5 you know we did our part to get in there were just 6 teams better than we were. I believe most of would be estactic with that record and let down we didnt make it in.

Guest dog14787

11-5 and missing the playoffs is a clear indication our current playoff format needs to be changed to allow two more teams from each conference into the playoffs.

Playoff games means profit to the ownwer's, the positives way outweigh the negatives and something needs to be done about it.

Teams like Buffalo need this change in a big way.

11-5 and missing the playoffs is a clear indication our current playoff format needs to be changed to allow two more teams from each conference into the playoffs.

Playoff games means profit to the ownwer's, the positives way outweigh the negatives and something needs to be done about it.

Teams like Buffalo need this change in a big way.

Yes. They should change it so that every 3rd year that you're 7-9 you get in regardless. :angry:

There's nothing wrong with an 11-5 team not getting in. The Pats* didn't get in because there was another 11-5 team in their division that beat them. Simple as that. They don't make the wildcard because one of them won 12 games and the other team also won 11 games but had a better conference record.

All this talk about the an 8-8 team getting in is nonsense. They won their division. If the Pats* or any other 11 win team did that, then they wouldn't have to worry about changing the rules.

Guest dog14787
Yes. They should change it so that every 3rd year that you're 7-9 you get in regardless. :angry:

There's nothing wrong with an 11-5 team not getting in. The Pats* didn't get in because there was another 11-5 team in their division that beat them. Simple as that. They don't make the wildcard because one of them won 12 games and the other team also won 11 games but had a better conference record.

All this talk about the an 8-8 team getting in is nonsense. They won their division. If the Pats* or any other 11 win team did that, then they wouldn't have to worry about changing the rules.

Playoffs help generate money for small market teams and sometimes a team peaks at the end of the season. Two more teams would not water down the playoffs, that's utter nonsense.

So a 7-9 team gets in once in awhile so what, in the grand scheme of things, what difference would it make. ;)

I took it to mean since we'll never make the playoffs with this format and at the rate we're going, they should just add a few dozen more Bowl Games to the slate, so any NFL team with 6 wins can get a trophy.

Exactly. That mentality drives me nuts. That's what's wrong with just adding a few more teams for the heck of it (to comment on your reply, dog17487). It would water down the playoffs and make the regular season less important.

This is a larger problem with our society - we all play so we should all get an award.

It's, in a way, the same issue surrounding the over time. Everyone thinks they deserve a chance to score and win. No, you earn that, by playing defense and getting the ball back, if you lose the coin toss. If you can't play defense, your offense shouldn't just be handed the ball in scoring position. If you can't win your division, you shouldn't complain about not making the playoffs.

Guest dog14787
Exactly. That mentality drives me nuts. That's what's wrong with just adding a few more teams for the heck of it (to comment on your reply, dog17487). It would water down the playoffs and make the regular season less important.

This is a larger problem with our society - we all play so we should all get an award.

It's, in a way, the same issue surrounding the over time. Everyone thinks they deserve a chance to score and win. No, you earn that, by playing defense and getting the ball back, if you lose the coin toss. If you can't play defense, your offense shouldn't just be handed the ball in scoring position. If you can't win your division, you shouldn't complain about not making the playoffs.

I don't understand the mind set, how does it make the regular season games less important? It makes them more important.

Now, a team coming down the stretch trying to win the division or get home field advantage ends up playing a team that's 6-7 with nothing to play for, and you think that makes the regular season games worth more?

To me, that line of reasoning is flawed. In my opinion, the pro's in adding two more teams to the playoff format, outweighs the cons. Of course the bigger market teams would hate the idea and why wouldn't they? It allows the smaller cities to compete better and puts them on a more even playing field.

In a vote the majority rules and the minority ( small market ) loses out. No way a vote on it would be fair.

To me, this is an important topic that needs to be discussed in the off season.

easy - 7-9 as it is the perpetual record under Dick Jauron

I don't understand the mind set, how does it make the regular season games less important? It makes them more important.

Now, a team coming down the stretch trying to win the division or get home field advantage ends up playing a team that's 6-7 with nothing to play for, and you think that makes the regular season games worth more?

In a vote the majority rules and the minority ( small market ) loses out. No way a vote on it would be fair.

This is a topic that needs to be discussed in the offseason.

To me, that line of reasoning is flawed. In my opinion, the pro's in adding two more teams to the playoff format, outweighs the cons. Of course the bigger market teams would hate the idea and why wouldn't they? It allows the smaller cities to compete better and puts them on a more even playing field.

You do realize that if they added 2 more teams this season that means the Pats* and Jets get in, in the AFC. In the NFC, Tampa and Dallas were 7 and 8, respectively. So, how exactly is that helping smaller markets?

It makes the regular season games less important because you can, potentially, lose more games and still get in. By keeping the number of teams in the playoffs to 6, it's imperative to win every game.

Guest dog14787
You do realize that if they added 2 more teams this season that means the Pats* and Jets get in, in the AFC. In the NFC, Tampa and Dallas were 7 and 8, respectively. So, how exactly is that helping smaller markets?

It makes the regular season games less important because you can, potentially, lose more games and still get in. By keeping the number of teams in the playoffs to 6, it's imperative to win every game.

The way it is now a 6-7 team can be out of the playoff hunt with 3 games remaining and this makes good football games toward the end of the season to you?

Oh, and If being a smaller market team doesn't give you more of a chance to be on the outside looking in, in your book, I don't know what to tell you. I can't help how it turned out this year, I'm talking about in general. Adding two more teams makes the whole season more competative not less.

Like I said, I don't understand the mind set