Barrack The Magic Negro????!!!!!

Steely Dan

Unfortunately, "Puff the Magic Dragon" is such a parasitically annoying musical leech of a song that I'm going to have "Barack the Magic Negro" stuck in my head all freakin' day. :thumbsup:

I may have to resort to listening to Abba, just to get it out of my head. Thanks, you !@#$s.

Maybe I'll be able to get Fernando to call you.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have to explain a parody then it's not an effective parody. In this case its pretty easy to see it for what it is. And its not a parody by any stretch.

Of course its not. A Republican wrote it.

Now...if a LIBERAL wrote it, youd be puking up some nonsense about it being "satire."

And dont be a phucking phony and say you wouldnt.

Of course its not. A Republican wrote it.

Now...if a LIBERAL wrote it, youd be puking up some nonsense about it being "satire."

And dont be a phucking phony and say you wouldnt.

Let's not confuse "wrote" with performed, recorded, and distributed.

Also- "Magic Negro" is, in fact, a literary device/term, and was the entire focus of the article. Here's the link to the article, which contains a link to the definition of the phrase:

Link

So, let's refrain from claiming it was the LA Times which coined the phrase in order to measure PE Obama's blackness. That's what this incredibly ignorant song uses the phrase for, and the fact that it was CIRCULATED by high ranking Republicans ought to be embarrassing for the GOP's among us.

Let's not confuse "wrote" with performed, recorded, and distributed.

Also- "Magic Negro" is, in fact, a literary device/term, and was the entire focus of the article. Here's the link to the article, which contains a link to the definition of the phrase:

Link

So, let's refrain from claiming it was the LA Times which coined the phrase in order to measure PE Obama's blackness. That's what this incredibly ignorant song uses the phrase for, and the fact that it was CIRCULATED by high ranking Republicans ought to be embarrassing for the GOP's among us.

Why not read the words and hear the song, then comment. The singer is parodying Al Sharpton singing it through a bullhorn.

Here are the words (to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon) :

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.

The L.A. Times, they called him that

‘Cause he’s not authentic like me.

Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper

Said he makes guilty whites feel good

They’ll vote for him, and not for me

‘Cause he’s not from the hood.

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,

Or me, or Farrakhan

Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.

Not come in late and won!

[refrain] Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.

‘Cause he’s black, but not authentically.

Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.

Some say Barack’s “articulate”

And bright and new and “clean.”

The media sure loves this guy,

A white interloper’s dream!

But, when you vote for president,

Watch out, and don’t be fooled!

Don’t vote the Magic Negro in –

( "Sharpton"’ then goes into rant from this point )

‘Cause — cause I won’t have nothing after all these years of sacrifice

And I won’t get justice. This is about justice. This isn’t about me, it’s about justice.

It’s about buffet. I don’t have no buffet and there won’t be any church contributions,

And there’ll be no cash in the collection plate.

There ain’t gonna be no cash money, no walkin’ around money, no phoning money.

Now, Barack going to come in here and –

This was written in 2007. It takes words written by Dems and mocks out Sharpton. This is not news.

Don't tell me that Rev Al and Jessie are great friends of the Messiah.

Why not read the words and hear the song, then comment. The singer is parodying Al Sharpton singing it through a bullhorn.

Here are the words (to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon) :

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.

‘Cause he’s not authentic like me.

Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper

Said he makes guilty whites feel good

They’ll vote for him, and not for me

‘Cause he’s not from the hood.

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,

Or me, or Farrakhan

Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.

Not come in late and won!

[refrain] Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.

Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.

Some say Barack’s “articulate”

And bright and new and “clean.”

The media sure loves this guy,

A white interloper’s dream!

But, when you vote for president,

Watch out, and don’t be fooled!

Don’t vote the Magic Negro in –

( "Sharpton"’ then goes into rant from this point )

‘Cause — cause I won’t have nothing after all these years of sacrifice

And I won’t get justice. This is about justice. This isn’t about me, it’s about justice.

It’s about buffet. I don’t have no buffet and there won’t be any church contributions,

And there’ll be no cash in the collection plate.

There ain’t gonna be no cash money, no walkin’ around money, no phoning money.

Now, Barack going to come in here and –

This was written in 2007. It takes words written by Dems and mocks out Sharpton. This is not news.

Don't tell me that Rev Al and Jessie are great friends of the Messiah.

Did you read the words!?

Seriously, did you? Or did you just assume that because I wrote something that you have to disagree with it?

The song parody came out in the spring when the LA Times article called him a "Magic Negro". If you listen to it, the singer is supposed to be Al Sharpton and it is he is mad because thye Messiah is "not authentic like me". It is a song mocking the liberal press and Al Sharpton. But the libs just take what is in the press and don't actually spend the energy to get the whole story.

Nowhere does the song make "fun" of the liberal media. It mentions the LA Times as a scapegoat for where the phrase comes from, and then uses the phrase- from Al Sharpton's point of view- to make the point that he's not your average black guy, because the average black guy couldn't get elected, hence Al's lament. That was NOT the point of the LA Times article AT ALL.

The song is EXTREMELY ignorant, and it's sad that some IDIOT found it necessary to write, record, and distribute the song, further spreading ignorance. If you think this song is a clever parody, or makes any declaration that ISN'T a racist one, then you, my friend are ignorant.

Al Sharpton is a joke. Who said the Messiah is clean and articulate? Well it was his own VP, Plugs Biden!

It is a clever parody because it hits close to reality. The Rev Al didn't enthusiastically Back the Messiah, and Jessie wanted to cut his nads off. I didn't see any pictures of them campaigning with him. He came in and didn't pay his dues.

What is racist? The use of the words magic negro? The term was put out in the public by a black jewish writer for the the liberal LA Times.

Did you read the words!?

Seriously, did you? Or did you just assume that because I wrote something that you have to disagree with it?

Nowhere does the song make "fun" of the liberal media. It mentions the LA Times as a scapegoat for where the phrase comes from, and then uses the phrase- from Al Sharpton's point of view- to make the point that he's not your average black guy, because the average black guy couldn't get elected, hence Al's lament. That was NOT the point of the LA Times article AT ALL.

The song is EXTREMELY ignorant, and it's sad that some IDIOT found it necessary to write, record, and distribute the song, further spreading ignorance. If you think this song is a clever parody, or makes any declaration that ISN'T a racist one, then you, my friend are ignorant.

Are you really trying to have an intelligent conversation with Wacka?

Just think about that idea for a second...

Did you read the words!?

It was "satire."

Youre probably the ONE moron who would go to a Don Rickles show be "offended" and storm off.

Take the stick out of your ass, you self-righteous nitwit.

It was "satire."

Youre probably the ONE moron who would go to a Don Rickles show be "offended" and storm off.

Take the stick out of your ass, you self-righteous nitwit.

Haha, okay. Thanks for the comedy lesson, I clearly needed one. Here's one for you:

In satire, human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with the intent to bring about improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humour in itself so much as an attack on something of which the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

Please show me how this applies to the song, without it invoking racial undertones.

As for the stick in my ass- if you knew ANYTHING about me, ANYTHING AT ALL, you would know that I firmly, FIRMLY believe that everything that's meant to be "funny" is in bounds, up for grabs, and NOBODY should be offended. I never said I found the song "offensive," I called it "ignorant." And it is. Most risque humor is. I see the "humor" in the song, but don't find it funny.

But if you want to go ahead and call it "satire" that's fine. I prefer to think of satire as something clever and intelligent. Two words I'd NEVER use to describe this piece of crap.

Haha, okay. Thanks for the comedy lesson, I clearly needed one. Here's one for you:

Please show me how this applies to the song, without it invoking racial undertones.

As for the stick in my ass- if you knew ANYTHING about me, ANYTHING AT ALL, you would know that I firmly, FIRMLY believe that everything that's meant to be "funny" is in bounds, up for grabs, and NOBODY should be offended. I never said I found the song "offensive," I called it "ignorant." And it is. Most risque humor is. I see the "humor" in the song, but don't find it funny.

But if you want to go ahead and call it "satire" that's fine. I prefer to think of satire as something clever and intelligent. Two words I'd NEVER use to describe this piece of crap.

Funny...I didnt hear your "outrage" when Bill Maher hoped for Dick Cheney to be killed.

Until you trot out some proof that in the past you took a LIBERAL'S joke and treated it the same way youre treating this...your words....mean.....NOTHING.

Funny...I didnt hear your "outrage" when Bill Maher hoped for Dick Cheney to be killed.

Until you trot out some proof that in the past you took a LIBERAL'S joke and treated it the same way youre treating this...your words....mean.....NOTHING.

The difference between you and me? I actually READ the posts I respond to! :ph34r: