Hypothetically, if the Bills Leave WNY.....

chaccof

I'd root for the same teams I'm rooting for in the playoffs. I like a bunch of teams..but, the Steelers would probably be my "go to" team. I wouldn't be rushing to a bar to watch them, each week or anything, though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to pretend that I wouldn't watch the NFL, but I would, and I'd probably end up following the Skins out of sheer proximity.

That said, my Skins fandom could never be the same as the way I feel about the Bills. I'm still a kid when it comes to the Bills. I've followed them for almost 30 years, for as long as I have memories. I'd follow the Skins, sure -- but they wouldn't matter to me like the Bills.

What team would you then follow?

I'd go with Carolina myself since I I went to school down there....

I live just south of Tampa. I will admit that while Dungy was here, I rooted for Tampa against everyone but Buffalo. I am not a fan of Gruden (Chuckie). I just can't bring myself to root for Miami. Haven't watched enough Jacksonville to form an opinion.

My heart and soul belongs to the Buffalo Bills (and I have lived through even worse seasons than this year) and if they move from Buffalo, maybe I will just watch some games for the pleasure of football and not be a fan of any team but a fan of the athletic ability of the players and appreciate catching an occasional exciting game.

Nobody...the other 31 teams? please...

Patriettes - the Cowboys of the northeast...star player now turned gimp...franchise barely had a pulse its first 40 years...

Dullphins - please.

Jets - sloppy seconds of NYC...a midget fireman and no relevance since tipsy Namath prowled the fields...

Browns - is that river still on fire...you don't wear brown for sportswear...besides, comatose Drew Carey's playin the feud, or the price is wrong.

Ravens - no, even though I live here...kazoo calls and the harbor is overrated.

Bengals - FAIL

Steelers - possible, until I see their black and gold trash brigade travel with ma and pa kettle from one location to another, cause they hate their declining city so much...Unibrow capital of Amerika. Hygiene isn't high on the list at the confluence.

Titans - no...looks like DisneyFootball....waiting for Mickey to lead the charges on the field.

Colts - boring....sterile new stadium, boring fan base with their jerseys and the dome...wimp fans, get away.

Jacksonville - tarps...Karl Childers is the Booster Club president.

Houston - good organization but no...cool helmet...otherwise, rather blah.

Broncos - no, I don't like John Denver, or Elway's teeth...go eat some more granola....remember when Elway passed out after the AFC championship?

Raiders - drag queen wannabes in making....oooh, yer scary in black and silver Ms. little heavily painted .com loser superfan.....go back to your foreclosure home in Stockton.

Chiefs - I always liked this team...they remind me of the Bills...small market, rabid fan base, early 70s oval 80,000 seat football only stadium....Hank Stram 65 toss power trap....rivalry with them when Schottenheimer was there....the tailgates are great with the BBQ they say. but.....no.

Chargers? Fish tacos.......no thanks...wimpy...but good luck in the playoffs.....and we kicked your asses in the AFL championships.....

NFC later.

i would watch UB, ecc. buff state and local high school football. i would lose interest in the nfl

I have already started . The NFL is a joke , over rated poor football Paychecks are nice but thats all the players care about . No will to really win but in college and highschool the players play to win. The NFL is boring.

I have already started . The NFL is a joke , over rated poor football Paychecks are nice but thats all the players care about . No will to really win but in college and highschool the players play to win. The NFL is boring.

No kidding. Even Adrian Peterson was boring this season.

I can't see really getting behind any one team if the Bills moved since I have an emotional attachment to the city of Buffalo. And I hate the Pats with a passion so, despite living in Maine, I'd never become a Pats fan. I'd likely root on the teams from gritty cities like Buffalo - Green Bay, Chicago, Cleveland, etc., but only casually.

There is one scenario where I could see myself staying a die-hard fan after a move: the team goes to Toronto and becomes the Toronto Buffalos (or is it Buffaloes?). I grew up in Rochester, parents still there, and Toronto always felt nearly as close (distance-wise) as Buffalo, fast-ferry nonwithstanding. I wouldn't love it, but I think I could tolerate it--have no choice, really, since I am addicted to Bills football.

There is one scenario where I could see myself staying a die-hard fan after a move: the team goes to Toronto and becomes the Toronto Buffalos (or is it Buffaloes?). I grew up in Rochester, parents still there, and Toronto always felt nearly as close (distance-wise) as Buffalo, fast-ferry nonwithstanding. I wouldn't love it, but I think I could tolerate it--have no choice, really, since I am addicted to Bills football.

Canada?Oh my God.

Do you root for the Blue Jays?

1. University at Buffalo

2. San Francisco 49ers - Love Singletary's approach....

3. J-E-T-S - Anyone owner with the ability to fire a 3rd year head coach so quickly after mixed results has my undying support - Ralph, you out there? Did you see the decisive move? HHhhhhmmmmmmm.....

The Bills are staying local, we're in a recession and no one in their right mind is going to go out and drop a Billion right now for a football team. The stadium sells out consistently and we have a pretty regular season ticket base.

All in all, our business model is sound. Pay very little for the coach / staff and convince the fans that this is the year and the stadium fills up with idiots like ourselves.

After this year, where the world got a good long hard look at what complete and utter fools the Bills have for coaches. That Jet game was at 4:00 and this Bills / Pats game perked up some eyebrows around the country.Everyone saw how Jauron was so out coached by Bill Belichick it was laughable. The Bills played better and harder and yet were incompetent with game decisions so they lost.

I strongly doubt that if Jauron is retained that the Bills fans will continue to pay to attend games with a mediocre team that has no shot at playoffs. Every person I've spoken to has stated that if Jauron stays they will give up their season tickets