Hypothetically, if the Bills Leave WNY.....

chaccof

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are staying local, we're in a recession and no one in their right mind is going to go out and drop a Billion right now for a football team. The stadium sells out consistently and we have a pretty regular season ticket base.

All in all, our business model is sound. Pay very little for the coach / staff and convince the fans that this is the year and the stadium fills up with idiots like ourselves.

The Bills are staying local, we're in a recession and no one in their right mind is going to go out and drop a Billion right now for a football team. The stadium sells out consistently and we have a pretty regular season ticket base.

All in all, our business model is sound. Pay very little for the coach / staff and convince the fans that this is the year and the stadium fills up with idiots like ourselves.

Not for me anymore and not for a number I have talked to.

What team would you then follow?

I'd go with Carolina myself since I I went to school down there....

I'd go for Arizona because that is where I live now. Plus once a loser always a loser and I have this thing for cheap a$$ owners

I've given this a lot of consideration. I'd want my new team to be centered around a traditional blue-collar organization with no dome. I measure blue-collar organizations by the number (or lack there of) of pink jerseys and hats in the stadium. That immediately knocks out any team in a warm climate, New England, Jets and Giants. Then I cross out any that our not within a comfortable day's drive from Upstate New York.

That leaves me with:

Pittsburg, Cleveland, Chicago, Philadelphia.

Cleveland gets nixed too... because they're one bad draft away from being Detroit, and there's no way I'm trading down.

Chicago is only an option because of family ties to the city. If that relative moved, they'd come off my list.

In the end I'm left with Philadelphia and Pittsburg. Philadelphia is the only NFC East team that didn't beat the Bills in a Super Bowl, so that would give me good reason to cheer for them against their divisional rivals. Pittsburg is basically the Bills, except they consistantly win. I'm not sure I can handle that again. I'd probably need to start jogging so that my heart wouldn't give out.

I'll take Philadelphia.

Rumor has it that they are going to merge Buffalo and Detroit after the Draft and see if they can get something that Resembles an NFL team out of it- the team will play odd years in Detroit and Even years in Buffalo- Toronto will get an expansion team to even things out.

Would not care about the NFL. That would show how little they care about fans and history and really about the league in general. What other city would sell out all games and have the attendance we did after 9 no playoff seasons. Even in big markets attendance would be abysmal. By far the best fans in the league are right here!

But the Bills are NOT going anywhere