Who will watch the Bills in 09' if Jauron is still the HC

Jerry Jabber

I will.

The worst thing Jauron can, and almost certainly will do to me as a fan is devote the 09 draft to defensive backs, and I will still be back for more. If they go 0-16, I will wear Bills clothes.

The Bills are now a part of my identity. My wife, children and friends wouldn't be able to comprehend what was happening if I abandoned the Bills. I will stick with the team, the fans, and the thought of WNY winning a superbowl until I am dead.

This doesn't mean that I condone the way Ralph, Marv and Dick have hurt this team. Of course they are horror shows, but I have been going to RWS for 15 consecutive years and have made friends up there. I can't just leave them with this mess. How could I do that? I don't know how to be like that.

Yep....count me in for the duration.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't missed watching a game since 1988 and not about to start missing them now. I don't know what I'd do with my Sunday afternoons if I didn't watch the Bills or go to a game.

Besides - my Bills bar here in Dallas is a blast. Cancelled the Sunday ticket 2 years ago because watching with other fans and sharing the joy/misery is great entertainment.

Guess I have no life. :angry:

Being a Bills fan is a disease with no cure and I have has the affliction for over 40 years. Of course I will be back next year as hope springs eternal each training camp. I have thought about cancelling Sunday Ticket-not because of the Bills lousy play-but because the price keeps rising and I sometimes work on Sundays. We just bought a HD TV with DVR and because of Fezmid I was able to get the upgrade to SuperFan for free so being able to see all of the NFL games in HD is too good to pass up. Playing Fantasy Football and NFL Pick-em makes it worth it to keep paying for Direct Ticket for me. I have become addcited to the RedZone channel. After watching the Bills lose at 1 PM I turn to the RedZone channel to watch all the best parts of the 4 PM games in HD with no commericals.

Obviously I want Jauron to be fired. I can't remember a single season with so many gut wrenching losses. After 3 years it is apparent that Jauron is not HC material, I don't care if he's Trent's BFF. I really get the sense after this year that a lot of the fan base has reached a crossroad. I think the days of blindly supporting the team are over for a significant portion of the teams supporters and if DJ is retained then season ticket sales will certainly take a hit. I think a lot of us have internalized that there is a good chance that the Bills will evetually move out of WNY and are coming to terms with that in our own ways. I think that a lot of fans realize that no matter how blindy we support the franchise that the new economics of the game are working against small market teams like Buffalo. The more people believe this, the less likely they will support the team if they feel that management is not making a good faith effort to win.

I feel that this is an especially critical juncture for the club and it's future in WNY. Ralph cannot continue along like he has for the past 10 years. It's time for some bold decesion making at OBD, but unfortunately I can't skake the vibe that at best all we are going to get is a rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Being a Bills fan is a disease with no cure and I have has the affliction for over 40 years. Of course I will be back next year as hope springs eternal each training camp. I have thought about cancelling Sunday Ticket-not because of the Bills lousy play-but because the price keeps rising and I sometimes work on Sundays. We just bought a HD TV with DVR and because of Fezmid I was able to get the upgrade to SuperFan for free so being able to see all of the NFL games in HD is too good to pass up. Playing Fantasy Football and NFL Pick-em makes it worth it to keep paying for Direct Ticket for me. I have become addcited to the RedZone channel. After watching the Bills lose at 1 PM I turn to the RedZone channel to watch all the best parts of the 4 PM games in HD with no commericals.

Obviously I want Jauron to be fired. I can't remember a single season with so many gut wrenching losses. After 3 years it is apparent that Jauron is not HC material, I don't care if he's Trent's BFF. I really get the sense after this year that a lot of the fan base has reached a crossroad. I think the days of blindly supporting the team are over for a significant portion of the teams supporters and if DJ is retained then season ticket sales will certainly take a hit. I think a lot of us have internalized that there is a good chance that the Bills will evetually move out of WNY and are coming to terms with that in our own ways. I think that a lot of fans realize that no matter how blindy we support the franchise that the new economics of the game are working against small market teams like Buffalo. The more people believe this, the less likely they will support the team if they feel that management is not making a good faith effort to win.

I feel that this is an especially critical juncture for the club and it's future in WNY. Ralph cannot continue along like he has for the past 10 years. It's time for some bold decesion making at OBD, but unfortunately I can't skake the vibe that at best all we are going to get is a rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Good post! How's the weather in Morehead? (I just moved from Havelock back to VA last year).

Being a Bills fan is a disease with no cure and I have has the affliction for over 40 years. Of course I will be back next year as hope springs eternal each training camp. I have thought about canceling Sunday Ticket-not because of the Bills lousy play-but because the price keeps rising and I sometimes work on Sundays. We just bought a HD TV with DVR and because of Fezmid I was able to get the upgrade to Super Fan for free so being able to see all of the NFL games in HD is too good to pass up. Playing Fantasy Football and NFL Pick-em makes it worth it to keep paying for Direct Ticket for me. I have become addicted to the Red Zone channel. After watching the Bills lose at 1 PM I turn to the Red Zone channel to watch all the best parts of the 4 PM games in HD with no commericals.

Obviously I want Jauron to be fired. I can't remember a single season with so many gut wrenching losses. After 3 years it is apparent that Jauron is not HC material, I don't care if he's Trent's BFF. I really get the sense after this year that a lot of the fan base has reached a crossroad. I think the days of blindly supporting the team are over for a significant portion of the teams supporters and if DJ is retained then season ticket sales will certainly take a hit. I think a lot of us have internalized that there is a good chance that the Bills will eventually move out of WNY and are coming to terms with that in our own ways. I think that a lot of fans realize that no matter how blindly we support the franchise that the new economics of the game are working against small market teams like Buffalo. The more people believe this, the less likely they will support the team if they feel that management is not making a good faith effort to win.

I feel that this is an especially critical juncture for the club and it's future in WNY. Ralph cannot continue along like he has for the past 10 years. It's time for some bold decision making at OBD, but unfortunately I can't shake the vibe that at best all we are going to get is a reaaranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Thoughtful post.

Being a Bills fan is a disease with no cure and I have has the affliction for over 40 years. Of course I will be back next year as hope springs eternal each training camp. I have thought about canceling Sunday Ticket-not because of the Bills lousy play-but because the price keeps rising and I sometimes work on Sundays. We just bought a HD TV with DVR and because of Fezmid I was able to get the upgrade to Super Fan for free so being able to see all of the NFL games in HD is too good to pass up. Playing Fantasy Football and NFL Pick-em makes it worth it to keep paying for Direct Ticket for me. I have become addicted to the Red Zone channel. After watching the Bills lose at 1 PM I turn to the Red Zone channel to watch all the best parts of the 4 PM games in HD with no commericals.

Obviously I want Jauron to be fired. I can't remember a single season with so many gut wrenching losses. After 3 years it is apparent that Jauron is not HC material, I don't care if he's Trent's BFF. I really get the sense after this year that a lot of the fan base has reached a crossroad. I think the days of blindly supporting the team are over for a significant portion of the teams supporters and if DJ is retained then season ticket sales will certainly take a hit. I think a lot of us have internalized that there is a good chance that the Bills will eventually move out of WNY and are coming to terms with that in our own ways. I think that a lot of fans realize that no matter how blindly we support the franchise that the new economics of the game are working against small market teams like Buffalo. The more people believe this, the less likely they will support the team if they feel that management is not making a good faith effort to win.

I feel that this is an especially critical juncture for the club and it's future in WNY. Ralph cannot continue along like he has for the past 10 years. It's time for some bold decision making at OBD, but unfortunately I can't shake the vibe that at best all we are going to get is a re-arranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Thoughtful post.

Man people can be such drama queens on this board.

Either you are a fan of the Buffalo Bills or you are a fan of winning, take your pick. If you are a fan of the Bills, then you take your bad with your good and continue to root and support the team. You don't bail when its tough and return when its good...even if that bad is a 9 year stretch.

Buffalo had it pretty good for a pretty long stretch, then when that talent retired and moved on we had to rebuild and have had plenty of hiccups along the way. Doesnt mean it wont get better, and if doesn't, who cares, they are still supposed to be your team and should still support them for better or worse.

If you can't because you are butt hurt over the win loss column, then go be a Raider fan becuase you are not a true Bills fan to begin with no matter how much you tell yourself you are. I have never been to Buffalo and live in CA and I am still a die hard fan that will support them to the end, even with the crap I get from my friends who are Cowboy, Steeler, Niner, and Colt fans.

Complaining about them or whatever is one thing, but you don't abandon them because they didnt win a few more games or don't make a personnel move you prefer like firing a coach...

Funny thing is, even 3 more wins, maybe even four more wins would have us still out of the playoffs and the only change would be a worse draft pick.

I haven't missed watching a game since 1988 and not about to start missing them now. I don't know what I'd do with my Sunday afternoons if I didn't watch the Bills or go to a game.

Besides - my Bills bar here in Dallas is a blast. Cancelled the Sunday ticket 2 years ago because watching with other fans and sharing the joy/misery is great entertainment.

Guess I have no life. :thumbsup:

Yep aussiew so true. I haven't missed listening or watching my Cowboys ( Cowgirls for the time ) since back in the 70's. I TOO will continue watching my team eventhough our Wade Phillips is still the HC. Yep aussiew so true. The Bills bar in Dallas is a blast!! I now have a new "SPORTS FAMILY" to cheer with for my Boys/Girls along with my newly adopted AFC team the Bills. Add another person to the list of having no life!!!

Been a Bills fan since i was 9........im 44 yrs old

So they better win a Super bowl before I die.....

I know many of you people feel like that

I will continue to watch them if the games are on TV, but i have not given Ralph any of my money since 2002.

Sad to say that but I feel until they win on the regular my hard earned money will go to home improvement, not into One bills Drive