Today I witnessed one of the best coach calls ever.

lets_go_bills

He was ready for EVERYTHING. Even the wind didn't catch him off guard.

A collegue at work whose brother does business with teh Patriots told me that BB coaches for situations and has his team prepared for whatever situation they might face. It's no surprise that he has a plan for windy conditions. BB would never had tried a 47 yd FG.

Jauron couldn't carry BB's clipboard. It kills me that the Pats outcoach and outwit us more than outplay us. The end of half fiasco defines the difference between DJ and BB. Wilson should've fired Jauron at halftime and had either Lindy Ruff or Turner Gill come out to coach teh 2nd half. Also, without Duke Preston. For his scuffle, he should've had a Mike Singletary -ish chewin' out and publicly humiliated. DJ lets all this slide. No wonder the players love him. Do the players also love being 7-9?

Jauron was so thoroughly out-coached it is just unbelievable. Jauron looked like he had no idea where he was.

Belichick does looks like a genius in comparison to inepts like Jauron and others. I maintain that the cronyism practiced by NFL teams in selecting head coaches from an "old boys network" limits the pool and, thus, most coaches pale in comparison to good coaches like Belichick. Belichick works harder than most coaches as well. I mean, how many coaches would go through the trouble of having team photographers steal opposing teams signals.

A collegue at work whose brother does business with teh Patriots told me that BB coaches for situations and has his team prepared for whatever situation they might face. It's no surprise that he has a plan for windy conditions. BB would never had tried a 47 yd FG.

Jauron couldn't carry BB's clipboard. It kills me that the Pats outcoach and outwit us more than outplay us. The end of half fiasco defines the difference between DJ and BB. Wilson should've fired Jauron at halftime and had either Lindy Ruff or Turner Gill come out to coach teh 2nd half. Also, without Duke Preston. For his scuffle, he should've had a Mike Singletary -ish chewin' out and publicly humiliated. DJ lets all this slide. No wonder the players love him. Do the players also love being 7-9?

Me too. I agree with you whole-heartedly. We are a very talented team, we're just not coached well, aren't ready for our opponent and don't have a gameplan. Of course the players like him. Who wouldn't like a nice guy who always praises you and coddles you and treats you well. Jauron seems like a very nice person and a likable guy. But it doesn't change this simple fact: DICK JAURON IS A TERRIBLE FOOTBALL COACH.

You'd think dick would be a little more clock conscious with all the time he spends staring at the scoreboard.

Is that where his glazed stare is at? I always thought he was preparing his bs explanation to make for his teams pathetic performance at the press conference.

You'd think dick would be a little more clock conscious with all the time he spends staring at the scoreboard.

:unsure: He does stare at the scoreboard a lot with that lost look on his face. This guy is supposed to be so smart with the Ivy league education. But honestly, in all of the interviews and press conferences I've seen him in, never once has he struck me as being an intelligent guy.

The big difference I noticed was that BB wanted the wind in the 1st quarter to try to go out and establish a lead an put the us in a big hole before we got the wind. He's trying to win by outscoring the other team. Dick in the meantime is trying to keep it close and try to "steal one."

As far as the non FG try in the 1st half. That's horrible coaching. Didn't they go over in the huddle that if they didn't get the TD, they'd need to line up fast to spike it and then bring in the FG team? The play ended with like 20 seconds on the clock. Should have been plenty of time to line up and spike it. That's bad coaching.

At that point, I decided enough is enough. Dick has to go. Before I was on the fence about giving him one more year. NO MORE. We can never win more than 7 games with this guy.

:unsure: He does stare at the scoreboard a lot with that lost look on his face. This guy is supposed to be so smart with the Ivy league education. But honestly, in all of the interviews and press conferences I've seen him in, never once has he struck me as being an intelligent guy.

I wonder if this guy just Chauncey Gardener-ed his way through an Ivy League education. He probably just stood there with the blank stare and had everyone thinking he had really deep thoughts going on......

Me too. I agree with you whole-heartedly. We are a very talented team, we're just not coached well, aren't ready for our opponent and don't have a gameplan. Of course the players like him. Who wouldn't like a nice guy who always praises you and coddles you and treats you well. Jauron seems like a very nice person and a likable guy. But it doesn't change this simple fact: DICK JAURON IS A TERRIBLE FOOTBALL COACH.

I wonder if the players who say they like Jauron also like being 7-9. They shouldn't, and they can't have it both ways. We need players who want to win more than want to play for a likable coach. It's amazing how many tough coaches earn a lifetime of respect from players how they pushed, harassed, or did whatever it took to get them to play their best and be champions. Mike Singletary showed in SF what needs to be done with this group. For what Duke Preston did, he would've been dressed down in front of 70,000+, benched, and called out during the post game press conference. I'm not necessarily in favor of Singletary's antics, but he put the players on notive that discipline and 110% performance was the bar he set. DJ doesn't even have a bar.

I wonder if the players who say they like Jauron also like being 7-9. They shouldn't, and they can't have it both ways. We need players who want to win more than want to play for a likable coach. It's amazing how many tough coaches earn a lifetime of respect from players how they pushed, harassed, or did whatever it took to get them to play their best and be champions. Mike Singletary showed in SF what needs to be done with this group. For what Duke Preston did, he would've been dressed down in front of 70,000+, benched, and called out during the post game press conference. I'm not necessarily in favor of Singletary's antics, but he put the players on notive that discipline and 110% performance was the bar he set. DJ doesn't even have a bar.

Yup. We need a coach who'll praise guys when they deserve it but put them in their place when they slip.

It helps when you know the guy across the field is a compete blockhead.

At first I thought this post was just funny, then thought about it some more - and it's absolutely right. DJ has been outed as a "deer in the headlights" on gameday and is in FULL REACT MODE during a game. He has NO CLUE HOW TO DICTATE TO THE OPPOSITION whether or not he's on his home field.

Sure he does. When the players are cold, that hot cocoa comes from somewhere.

Both that call, as well as the first quick kick were great calls by a great coach. HOWEVER, the punt on 3-3 with 1:18 left and the Bills had no time-outs was a monumentally stupid call by the genius. It was positively Jauron-esque, although, to be fair to Belicheck, Dick probably wouldn't have thought far enough into the future to be so stupid.

As great as the other calls were, it was insane to give the Bills one last chance for ZERO reason, when you could have run 40 seconds off the clock. What if Fred would have returned it for a TD? He almost did.

Aside from a couple of guys, the Pats aren't all that talented. They're just so incredibly well coached that player is ready for the game and knows what they have to do.

Yep. I've always thought this about New England. I believe Belichick could have coached the Buffalo Bills to a division title this year (and last year, for that matter). Love him or hate him (I sort of hate him), the guy is an f-ing genius -- end of story.

Yep. I've always thought this about New England. I believe Belichick could have coached the Buffalo Bills to a division title this year (and last year, for that matter). Love him or hate him (I sort of hate him), the guy is an f-ing genius -- end of story.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to have a dingbat like DJ standing across the field.