Mort says Ralph and Dick meeting tonight

extrahammer

I would be shocked if Ralp puts the money up to let DJ go. My guess is that DJ is told to replace the the coordinators and that he will have little input into who is chosen. It may create a climate wher DJ resigns but he is not going to be fired by RW. (Keep in mind this is only my opinion about what will happen not my opinion about what i would like to see happen).

My guess is there was a clause in the extension Dick signed that stipulated the Bills had to make the playoffs. In the preseason Dick said more than once, " anything less than the playoffs is unacceptable." I think Dick was told he had to make the playoffs or else, the same way JP was told last year he had to win the Jags game or else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ralph keeps Jauron, it will rank right up there with some of his dumbest decisions. I can't see many people getting season tix or luxury box owners re-upping. And that will MORE than off-set the money he has to eat if he fires Jauron.

Sure we will, after all, the videos on the Jumbotron from the players kept thanking us all afternoon for being season ticket holders.

My guess is there was a clause in the extension Dick signed that stipulated the Bills had to make the playoffs. In the preseason Dick said more than once, " anything less than the playoffs is unacceptable." I think Dick was told he had to make the playoffs or else, the same way JP was told last year he had to win the Jags game or else.

Ah, JP was never told that the jags game was Make or Break, he put that on himself and the fans ran with it. if the team really told him that game was make or break, why would he still be with them this season and given chance to start?

the meeting might go something like this

"Dick, I was all ready to fire you after the embarrassment that was this season, but to be honest with you, with all the comments i have been reading about me being "Meddling", "Doddering", "Cheap", "Too old", and that I should die so someone better can take over the team, I can't think of anything better for the "fans" then to make you sign that rumored 3 year extension and promote you to president and GM too. Congrats Dick!"

I would be shocked if Ralp puts the money up to let DJ go. My guess is that DJ is told to replace the the coordinators and that he will have little input into who is chosen. It may create a climate wher DJ resigns but he is not going to be fired by RW. (Keep in mind this is only my opinion about what will happen not my opinion about what i would like to see happen).

here is what we don't know however...just because there was a contract extension in plce, doesn't mean the Bills can't have some sort of out clause or a really low buyout of Jauron if he fails to finish the year at .500...after all, Jauron was 5-1 when he purportedly got the extension, I am sure he never expected the team to finish 2-8 and under .500, so in all likelihood if the Bills put that in there, Jauron wouldn't have objected to it. We don't know what, if any stipulations there were in there as far as what the buyout is, if it depends on wins and losses, etc...a contract can have any kind of qualifiers or negotiated points for either side. Just because a contract was signed, that in no way means the Bills would have to eat 3 years worth of salary, unless they failed to negotiate anything better.

Ah, JP was never told that the jags game was Make or Break, he put that on himself and the fans ran with it. if the team really told him that game was make or break, why would he still be with them this season and given chance to start?

What makes you think he put that on himself? The FACT is after that game Trent was named the starter. I believe JP was told win or else & he just echoed what he was told. The reason JP was still on the team this season is Dick was under pressure to WIN this season & with Trent being INJURY PRONE, it was hoped JP could come in when Trent went down & keep the ship afloat. Why else would JP call himself out if he was not told he had to win? Why would Dick call himself out & say "ANYTHING LESS THAN THE PLAYOFFS IS UNACCEPTABLE" in preseason unless he was told that by Ralph?

From Ralph's presser after the meeting....

"Ladies and gentlemen, while I'm proud to be associated with Dick Jauron, a man of the highest caliber, we have agreed that the Bills will need to head in a new direction. This will also allow Dick to take his long desired position as a Wal-Mart Associate, effective immediately. We have already begun our search (with the State of New York unemployment office) for

our new Head Coach. Thanks for the Millions".

:lol::lol: And thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart... :lol::angry:

What makes you think he put that on himself? The FACT is after that game Trent was named the starter. I believe JP was told win or else & he just echoed what he was told. The reason JP was still on the team this season is Dick was under pressure to WIN this season & with Trent being INJURY PRONE, it was hoped JP could come in when Trent went down & keep the ship afloat. Why else would JP call himself out if he was not told he had to win? Why would Dick call himself out & say "ANYTHING LESS THAN THE PLAYOFFS IS UNACCEPTABLE" in preseason unless he was told that by Ralph?

If dick is under pressure to win this season, why would he keep JP around as even a backup if he already failed in his make or break game? If Trent was thought of as injury prone by the FO, why would they then want to put the ball in the hands of a guy whom they already ruled to be a bust after giving him a make or break game?

The fact is, JP was the only person to ever come out and say that the Jags games was a make or break for him.

Ralph should ask how the game went ? How the season went? How are they better now than last year? And why should I let you continue being the HC ? Mull over the asnwers and then fire DJ. Have him take Turk with him. The worst playcalling and game managment I have ever witnessed today.

Oh come on Turk is not worse the Farichild last year,

If dick is under pressure to win this season, why would he keep JP around as even a backup if he already failed in his make or break game? If Trent was thought of as injury prone by the FO, why would they then want to put the ball in the hands of a guy whom they already ruled to be a bust after giving him a make or break game?

The fact is, JP was the only person to ever come out and say that the Jags games was a make or break for him.

JP was kept around because he was UNDER CONTRACT & knew the system & team, & is not as bad a QB as Trent lovers make him out to be. JP had 2 TD's in LIMITED TIME to Trents 11 TD's. Trent while injury prone was thought to have talent, & a was CHEAP QB (3rd round pick) The FACT is JP was the only one to SAY the game was make or break, but he did in FACT lose his job after losing that game. Do you think he lost his job because he called himself out? How stupid is that, & WHY WOULD HE CALL HIMSELF OUT IF IT WASN'T TOLD TO HIM?

From Ralph's presser after the meeting....

"Ladies and gentlemen, while I'm proud to be associated with Dick Jauron, a man of the highest caliber, we have agreed that the Bills will need to head in a new direction. This will also allow Dick to take his long desired position as a Wal-Mart Associate, effective immediately. We have already begun our search (with the State of New York unemployment office) for

our new Head Coach. Thanks for the Millions".

:lol: