wow. i didn't know that sam adams was the

nodnarb

hey in 1995 we could have picked up Korey Stringer instead of Ruben Brown,

i would still have traded Brown for Stringer this offseason...

Funny I was just looking over the line of horrible picks that Jon Butler made the other night.

Bucky Brooks, ha I'd take Chris Kelsey or Ryan Denny over him any day.

Lest we bring up Erick Flowers.

Free Agency was the only thing to save Butlers ass, Speilmen, Paup, Early. He was still ridin the wave that Polian created.

OUT

P.S. 2nd round pick for Billy Jo Holbert, 1st and 4th for Rob Johnson. ERICK FLOWERS!

Funny I was just looking over the line of horrible picks that Jon Butler made the other night.

Free Agency was the only thing to save Butlers ass, Speilmen, Paup, Early.  He was still ridin the wave that Polian created.

OUT

P.S.  2nd round pick for Billy Jo Holbert, 1st and 4th for Rob Johnson.  ERICK FLOWERS!

91056[/snapback]

brooks may well have turned out to be an excellent player had he not torn up his knee at the beginning of the season. during training camp that year, kelly said (as I recall) that brooks was one of the more talented and faster wr rookies he had ever played with.

rule #1 - never say that a draft pick was a bust if he fell short due to injury. for instance, alberts would have been a terrific player if not for the debilitating shoulder and elbow injuries that occurred after he entered the league.

Free Agency was the only thing to save Butlers ass, Speilmen, Paup, Early.  He was still ridin the wave that Polian created.

OUT

P.S.  2nd round pick for Billy Jo Holbert, 1st and 4th for Rob Johnson.  ERICK FLOWERS!

91056[/snapback]

p.s. if you want to judge butler in full, why don't you take a look at his 99 draft.

The draft is a crapshoot.

Jimmy Johnson was considered a draft wiz when he was with the Crackwagon, but if you look at it closely you begin to realize that he REALLY benefitted from all the extra picks he got from Minnesota. It covered a ton of bad choices because it allowed him to take so many chances.

Check out the 1993 draft:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/1993

And then answer this question: Would you rather have had the #1 overall pick or the #222 overall?

91366[/snapback]

This is a DAMN good 8th round...wow!

San Diego Green, Trent QB Indiana

San Francisco Grbac, Elvis QB Michigan

Houston Bishop, Blaine SS Ball State

N.Y. Giants Armstead, Jessie OLB Miami

Cincinnati Pelfrey, Doug K Kentucky

New England Brown, Troy WR Marshall

N.Y. Jets Hentrich, Craig P Notre Dame

Pittsburgh Van Pelt, Alex QB Pittsburgh

Well Based on what we know now, yeah I'd rather have pick #222 I'd rather have trent green, but if It was 93 and We all knew nothing i think it would be the consenus opinion that we'd all take Drew Bledsoe, and his 1st few years in the league would only justify our claim to take Bledsoe. Remember when Bledsoe 1st came into the league he was anything but a sack magent. If Memory serves me correct I believe he was getting sacked at a dan marino esque Once Every 31 pass attempts, but to sit here and ask that question now of course It's trent green, but I'm also sure none of green success comes from guys named WILLIE ROAF/BRIAN WATERS/CASEY WEIGHAM/WILL SHIELDS/JOHN WELBOURNE. :blush: It's probably nice to have 2 maybe 3 potential hof's on your oline. So to sit here and ask that question now is just kind of beating the dead horse. Kick Bledsoe while he's down some more won't ya. :P