DRAFT

bisonbrigade

1st Round. DE Brian Orakpro, Texas. Will bring heat on the opposing QB.

2nd Round C Alex Mack, California. Blocked for Lynch before and is a stud that the line is missing.

3rd Round OLB Marcus Freeman, Ohio St. Replacement for the "ghost" Ellison.

4th Round DE Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin. More heat on the QB.

5th Round TE Jared Bronson, Central Washington. This guy is for you TE worshippers, looks like a sleeper.

The idea is to run the ball with Lynch & Jackson and rush the passer with Schobel, Orakpro and Shaughnessy. :angry:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Round C Alex Mack, California. Blocked for Lynch before and is a stud that the line is missing.

5th Round TE Jared Bronson, Central Washington. This guy is for you TE worshippers, looks like a sleeper.

The idea is to run the ball with Lynch & Jackson and rush the passer with Schobel, Orakpro and Shaughnessy. :lol:

Great draft, as long as the Bills are able to get Mack, Unger or Luigs to fill their gaping hole at center, getting a couple of pass rushers would be terrific too. :angry:

The idea is to run the ball with Lynch & Jackson and rush the passer with Schobel, Orakpro and Shaughnessy. :angry:

Mack may be gone late in the first. Arizona is in desperate need of a center. Orakpo seems to be a workout warrior akin to a Gholston. Shaughnessy could be gone in the second.

DE is an important position, but not the only need on this team. I'd look for one in the second round, when guys like Connor Barwin, Jerry Hughes, and Shaughnessy will be available.

Mack may be gone late in the first. Arizona is in desperate need of a center. Orakpo seems to be a workout warrior akin to a Gholston. Shaughnessy could be gone in the second.

DE is an important position, but not the only need on this team. I'd look for one in the second round, when guys like Connor Barwin, Jerry Hughes, and Shaughnessy will be available.

I'm sorry but what about this team in the last 9 years has led you to believe that DE is not the most important need of the draft? Was it our proven history in picking up DE's in Free Agency? How about our fantastic track record of offseason trades? Where else are we going to pick up a Defensive End? We haven't had one that has been dominant in years. If the position keeps getting ignored, more teams will abuse our sad excuse of a defensive line. I don't care that these fluff players who couldn't make other NFL teams can bat down balls. At all. I want a pass rusher. I want pressure. Sure Erik Flowers didn't deliver, but...end the hunt there? Come on folks. What is leading you to believe the Defensive End is not our biggest need this offseason?

A good draft but not entirely realistic. The Bills will draft somewhere around pick 12. Orakpo will be gone by then and Mack will be gone before we pick again. A more realistic draft would be Greg Hardy and Max Unger.

AZ needs a runing game but needs a pass rush even more...

I'm sorry but what about this team in the last 9 years has led you to believe that DE is not the most important need of the draft? Was it our proven history in picking up DE's in Free Agency? How about our fantastic track record of offseason trades? Where else are we going to pick up a Defensive End? We haven't had one that has been dominant in years. If the position keeps getting ignored, more teams will abuse our sad excuse of a defensive line. I don't care that these fluff players who couldn't make other NFL teams can bat down balls. At all. I want a pass rusher. I want pressure. Sure Erik Flowers didn't deliver, but...end the hunt there? Come on folks. What is leading you to believe the Defensive End is not our biggest need this offseason?

Our best DE is a 2nd rounder. Schobel has been a good player, and wasn't a first rounder.

There are plenty of good DE's, if you do the homework, who've gone in the second and beyond. I'm talking about Umenyiora, Tuck, Vanden Bosch, Mathis from Indy, Dockett, La Boy, Jared Allen, etc.

As BADOL has pointed out, sometimes it's better to find a DE in the second who is hungrier for success. Many first rounders don't cut it, because they've gotten by on talent alone in the college ranks.

Our best DE is a 2nd rounder. Schobel has been a good player, and wasn't a first rounder.

There are plenty of good DE's, if you do the homework, who've gone in the second and beyond. I'm talking about Umenyiora, Tuck, Vanden Bosch, Mathis from Indy, Dockett, La Boy, Jared Allen, etc.

As BADOL has pointed out, sometimes it's better to find a DE in the second who is hungrier for success. Many first rounders don't cut it, because they've gotten by on talent alone in the college ranks.

I get what you are trying to say. But Schobel is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a presence. I see what you're trying to do here, pointing out a select few DEs who are good starters that weren't first rounders, but in all honesty nearly all of the most dominant forces in league history at the defensive end position have been freak occurrences selected in the top ten. You can be satisfied with your Schobel who squeeks in meaningless sacks at the end of games, but I want something much more.

1st round one these DE's, Brian Orakpo, 6' 3" 250, Texas; Everett Brown, 6' 4" 248, Florida State; Greg Hardy, 6' 4" 258, Mississippi.

2nd Round one of these C's, Alex Mack, 6' 4" 308, California; Max Unger, 6' 5" 305, Oregon; Jonathan Luigs, 6' 4" 314, Arkansas; Antoine Caldwell, 6' 3" 298, Alabama.

3rd round one these OLB's, Anthony Heygood, 6' 2" 230, Purdue; Zach Follett, 6' 2" 238, California; Ian Campbell, 6' 4" 233, Kansas State; Marcus Freeman 6' 2" 239, Ohio St

after watching these I could live with Everrette Brown from FSU:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ErRsfNTpFps&...re=channel_page

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oJYor1SsA

Dude is a beast! Will improve pass rush immediately. In the draft I would go:

1) Everette Brown. If he is available.

2) Antoine Caldwell. All SEC Center from Alabama. Toughest conference in College Football.

3) Chase Coffman. Our answer at TE.

In Free agency I would target Bertrand Berry and an OLB.

I'm sorry but what about this team in the last 9 years has led you to believe that DE is not the most important need of the draft? Come on folks. What is leading you to believe the Defensive End is not our biggest need this offseason?

Watching Fowler and Preston play center.

Ahhhhh, if only we hadn't passed on Dwight Freeney.

The idea is to run the ball with Lynch & Jackson and rush the passer with Schobel, Orakpro and Shaughnessy. :rolleyes:

How is this "official"?