Trent Edwards.... Verdict on Denver game????

AnthonyF

What does Trent Edwards lasting until the 3rd Round have to do with how he has played in the NFL? I "knew he would be a great QB in the NFL' after watching him play hist first season, not in college, I don't care when he was drafted. It doesn't take a genius to see that, the same way it didn't take a genius to know JP would never be better than average in this league (I've said this for years while the same people 'ballwash' him).

You call them how you see them, which is usually wrong. BTW, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

"I knew he would be a great QB in the NFL after watching him play his first season. It doesn't take a genius to see that."

There you go, folks, the argument coming from bbills17 as to why Trent Edwards is a guaranteed great QB in the National Football League. Excellent point.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read or searched all the posts, but thought I'd give my thoughts on Sunday's game vs Denver.

Again one of the worst defenses and we again basically sleep walk through the first half. TE looked good from late in the second quarter and loved the win (especially because I want to see SD win the division).

But why oh why is the offense so bad overall. Against some of the worst defenses this year we have struggled or put up mediocre #'s at best.

Do people think this is okay? Saw a lot good from Edwards Sunday, but again where is that 300 yard game? Any other team not throw for 300 this year (probably Raiders and the Titans is the only team I can think of)?

I heard he came of age (again)

Guest dog14787
If you're looking to blame someone for him not having 300 yards, blame bobby april and the special teams personnel. Those pesky bastards are killing trent's stats by having drives start at midfield.

Yup, whats up with that :unsure:

The more i think about it the more i say you have to let Jauron stick around one more year. Also give the OC another year. I mean we all forget this is a business and these guys are trying to learn. Jauron should know what he is doing by now i will definetly grant you that. But if he leaves who do you bring in really? espacially since it seems there are gonna be a lot better jobs out there then Buffalo.

Schonert needs another year to work with Trent. This was his first year as OC he has maid some mistakes, but i give him credit for trying to adjust. Like going up into the booth. Trent will not benefit from haveing a new regime in here, and a new scheme. I think he can be special. You see him make some really great throws and then some really bad ones. But thats what a young qb usually does. Farve was the best at that, hell he still is.

Trent just needs to learn how to forget about an INT. They happen we all screw up at work. Its not about makeing mistakes but how you learn from them.

Bizell you seem to like to make statements and then give others a load of crap when they do. Are you an NFL employee? None of us are. We are all like Jerry Jones or Arthur Blank, we feel cause we watch football we know everything. Fact is we don't if we did we would be cashing checks from Roger Goddell or Ralph Wilson.

This team and Trent are making strides in the right direction. I am as frustrated as everyone else about the second half of our season. But Trent wasn't the problem. Young guys learning and a new OC was the problem, sometimes time and experience can solve problems.

Very inconsistent? When will you people take the blinders off? Trent Edwards has been lights out for a 2nd year QB, to compare his game to JP is insulting. Have you ever watched the 'great' QBs early in their careers?? Trent will be a great QB in this league.

First of all, don't get me wrong. I have been a huge supporter of TE from the very beginning. The fact is, that I am cautious now, because of his performance during this season's melt down.

A lot of people, including teammates, crowned Trent after the San Diego win. At that point, I also thought that we had finally found that elusive franchise QB. But if you paid attention to how TE performed (with YOUR blinders off) as we went 0-3 against the division, you'd realize that he still has a lot to prove.

1 pick and two fumbles against Miami.

2 picks against the Jets, one for 6 points that cost the game.

2 picks against NE.

3 first quarter picks against Cleveland.

The fact is, TE was a big part of this season's collapse. If you don't consider that inconsistent, then I can't help ya! :unsure:

I have not read or searched all the posts, but thought I'd give my thoughts on Sunday's game vs Denver.

Again one of the worst defenses and we again basically sleep walk through the first half. TE looked good from late in the second quarter and loved the win (especially because I want to see SD win the division).

But why oh why is the offense so bad overall. Against some of the worst defenses this year we have struggled or put up mediocre #'s at best.

Do people think this is okay? Saw a lot good from Edwards Sunday, but again where is that 300 yard game? Any other team not throw for 300 this year (probably Raiders and the Titans is the only team I can think of)?

1.) Lack of game preporation (that's on the coaches)

2.) We NEED a center.

3.) We NEED a Tight End

4.) The OL never got to gel w/ Peter's hold out.

That's my opinion.

I suggest you take a look at Eli Manning to see what a QBs learning curve can look like. After his 2nd year people were saying the same stuff about him as they are about edwards. Additionally, they said the same things about him after the first few games of last year. We all know how that turned out, right?

QBs need time. That is a fact. People who don't understand that are stupid.

First of all, don't get me wrong. I have been a huge supporter of TE from the very beginning. The fact is, that I am cautious now, because of his performance during this season's melt down.

A lot of people, including teammates, crowned Trent after the San Diego win. At that point, I also thought that we had finally found that elusive franchise QB. But if you paid attention to how TE performed (with YOUR blinders off) as we went 0-3 against the division, you'd realize that he still has a lot to prove.

1 pick and two fumbles against Miami.

2 picks against the Jets, one for 6 points that cost the game.

2 picks against NE.

3 first quarter picks against Cleveland.

The fact is, TE was a big part of this season's collapse. If you don't consider that inconsistent, then I can't help ya! :unsure:

Edwards played well. The best part was seeing him get the ball out on time and not hesitating which was a problem for a time.

We obviously need to bring in a veteran (David Carr?) to compete with him or just because TE can't stay healthy for 16.

Priority no. 1 is a pass rusher so we can release Kelsey. I can't watch this guy another year and you can't make me Brandon.

More often than not, if you have a QB passing for 300 yards, they tend to be on the losing side. Compare the stats of Drew Brees and Kerry collins this year. Passing yards are mainly for fantasy nerds.

I suggest you take a look at Eli Manning to see what a QBs learning curve can look like. After his 2nd year people were saying the same stuff about him as they are about edwards. Additionally, they said the same things about him after the first few games of last year. We all know how that turned out, right?

QBs need time. That is a fact. People who don't understand that are stupid.

So, because Eli Manning had two tough seasons before he found success, means that given enough time, ANY QB will do the same? :unsure::thumbsup: THAT sounds pretty stupid to me.

Edwards played well. The best part was seeing him get the ball out on time and not hesitating which was a problem for a time.

We obviously need to bring in a veteran (David Carr?) to compete with him or just because TE can't stay healthy for 16.

Priority no. 1 is a pass rusher so we can release Kelsey. I can't watch this guy another year and you can't make me Brandon.

David Carr is worse than Losman. No thanks.

As for Kelsey, I work try and rework his contract. As much as he sucks as a pass rusher, he would be a great backup and rotational guy.

Good points

To me, if you take away TE's concussion and you put him in a better offense with a good TE for a security blanket you have about the same fast start as big Ben for the Steelers.

Right on.

I also noticed if you take away all of the stats from the games when Trent played crappy, the other game was really good.