What Will Ralph Do in Two Weeks

Poeticlaw

What Will Ralph Do in Two Weeks  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What will Ralph conclude after the meeting with Jauron?

• Fires him eats the contract extenstion money
    • Gives him one year Playoffs or Fired
    • Tells him maintain 7-9 or better to keep extenstion
    • Honors extention as long as he makes coaching changes
    • Holds a Press conference acknowledging that Jauron Resigned

If Ralph lives 3 years Dick Levy stays 3 years. We will draft gobs of 1st round and 1st day defensive backs regardless of need. We will probably not make the playoffs, let alone reach .500, but Ralph will save money in terms of paying 2 lousy coaches. He will only pay 1 lousy coach (Jauron) at a time.

Just curious on the thoughts here Personally I would Fire him- Ralph on the other hand will try and make him quit or set a goal for next season thats to be reached or hes fired!

I agree that Ralph will try to get Jauron to quit...As far as the win next year or else? Well that's not going to sell any Seats...So I'm not sure about that...The Bills lose a few early next year and You have a lame duck Coach with no one in The Stadium to watch... :)

I don't see Ralph trying to sway Jauron to resign or insist that he fire one of the assistants....that's much like the move he pulled with Wade Phillips and I think Ralph has more respect for DJ than that.

What I see more likely is that he'll give Jauron the ultimatum of "playoffs next year or else". I really doubt he'd eat the extension money, if it was really signed.

I didn't think that Ralph would spring for the extra cash. How sure are you about this Harv?

Just speculating that Ralph can fire Jauron as coach, but gets something back for the $ he's paying him instead of letting him go out the door and cash checks without reporting to Ralph.

I don't see Ralph trying to sway Jauron to resign or insist that he fire one of the assistants....that's much like the move he pulled with Wade Phillips and I think Ralph has more respect for DJ than that.

What I see more likely is that he'll give Jauron the ultimatum of "playoffs next year or else". I really doubt he'd eat the extension money, if it was really signed.

There are a few ways to look at next year:

1)The schedule is tough & Ralph keeps Jauron so that he can fire him if the Bills don't improve enough to make the playoffs and not subject a new coach to that hard a schedule.

2) Knowing a new coach gets a year's free ride, he fires Jauron & brings the new coach to suffer through a tough season.

3) Ralph spends a lot of $ in the offseason, abandons cash to cap, has a strong enough team so that either Jauron or a new coach succeeds.

So you think Ralph won't eat three years salary for Jauron but he will eat 2?

What he should do is exactly what he did with Wade Phillips, he should demand that Jauron fire Turk Shonert, and then if he does, demand that he fire Perry Fewell. When Jauron hits his breaking point, he will just quit himself to protect his assistants. Then Ralph can hire whomever he wants, including Bobby April.

Guest dog14787
What he should do is exactly what he did with Wade Phillips, he should demand that Jauron fire Turk Shonert, and then if he does, demand that he fire Perry Fewell. When Jauron hits his breaking point, he will just quit himself to protect his assistants. Then Ralph can hire whomever he wants, including Bobby April.

Jauron may not have to much of a problem with firing Turk Shonert. :beer:

Jauron may not have to much of a problem with firing Turk Shonert. :beer:

That's why I said go on to Perry Fewell if Jauron says okay to Shonert.

When Wade got fired, Ralph insisted that he fire Ronnie Jones who was a disaster at Special Teams coach. Wade would have fired him, too, but Ralph had a couple other coaches in mind on his firing block and Wade knew it. That's why Wade refused, because it really wasn't just Jones that Ralph wanted gone.

Guest dog14787
That's why I said go on to Perry Fewell if Jauron says okay to Shonert.

When Wade got fired, Ralph insisted that he fire Ronnie Jones who was a disaster at Special Teams coach. Wade would have fired him, too, but Ralph had a couple other coaches in mind on his firing block and Wade knew it. That's why Wade refused, because it really wasn't just Jones that Ralph wanted gone.

As defensive minded as Jauron is he may not mind losing Fewell and Jauron is pretty clever so he may counter with, "well, Bobby April's been pissing me off lately, we might as well start from scratch" :beer: