DJ should not have to apologize

How many times this year did we gain 0 yards or lost yards in situations where the circumstances dictated a run up the gut, like in 3rd or 4th down in the red zone?

It wasn't about gaining yards, though.. it was about:

1. Chewing up clock.

2. Forcing the Jets to come from behind with a long field.

3. Using our defense, which had made the Jets offense inept after the 1st quarter, stop them.

4. We stop them, and win the game.

To me, it is clear cut... who cares if running was obvious? Time management dictates you run, ESPECIALLY if your line had dominated like ours did.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic wont die.............

Your crazy to even think that its was a good call ( even sort of a good call) for several reasons

1. Marshawn was in Beast Mode

2. They had to call a time out to rest an tired D-line

3. 2and 5 just over 2 minutes left ....just run the Ball even if it goes for no gain your at the 2 minute warning

4. JP sucks and was having a sub-par game

5. A pass call to a fullback ....f**cking stupid

6. A rollout pass with an overweight offensive line.... f**cking stupid

I wont go on but if you were playing Madden 09 or even 02 u run the ball stupid :rolleyes:

As BuffaloBaumer said: "Make it stop..."

Stop with all the excuses. Are there fans really willing to buy into the "no talent" excuse again?

8 frigging years, 1 frigging winning season. Enough of Kotite version 2.

I swear. "Kotite" Jauron is like the JP Losman of head coaches. No matter how many times he fails, people still believe if given the right circumstances, he will eventually succeed. The dude sucks. Period. End of story.

End the abortion NOW.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, how many screen names does Jauron have on TSW? Maybe he should spend less time posting here and defending himself and spend more time getting Trent ready for the next game.

Speaking of brilliant calls... There was that play call when Chris Chandler, towards the end of his concussion filled career, was told to tuck the ball and QB sneak it into the line. He ducked his head, leaned into the line behind Olin and promptly got nailed by the MLB diving over the pile in a helmet to helmet blow. It was a matter of inches and Olin is one of the best C to ever play the game -- so it was a book smart play, one could postulate. But, Chandler went out like a light and the Bears season was over as Henry Burris was the only healthy "QB" (being generous) on the roster.

Quiz time: who was the head coach that made that call?

It was obviously JP.

Last night in the Colts/Jags game, there was almost the same situation. Colts have the lead, less than 3 minutes in the game, ball around the 30 yard line. What did they do with one of the best QBs, TEs, WRs in the league? The ran it 3 times, causing the Jags to use their time outs, then punted the ball. Jags got the ball back with over 2 minutes to go, Colts defense stopped them. Game over, Colts win.

Why is it such a difficult concept to grasp? There are times when running and not gaining a yard is the best play.

While watching the game at that point in time I was thinking what do we do now. Its obvious and I agree that the percentage call would be to plow Marshawn into the goalline defense the Jets were in. And I thought what do the Bills do when the chips are on the line and we try to execute a critical play like that? I think past history shows that we would screw up no matter what we did.......

I'm positive two runs into the line would have netted less than 5 yards, a sweep would have generated negative yards, we ultimately would have punted and the Jets would have won the game either in regulation or overtime. So whether we ran up the gut or tried to be fancy we were doomed to failure....And Jauron was doomed to criticism....

Why is it such a difficult concept to grasp? There are times when running and not gaining a yard is the best play.

Bingo. Or even not putting the ball on the hands (head) of the least qualified player on the field.

If jauron is around next year, they better add some players to those squads and a new offensive coordinator, or expect 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10 again.

If Jauron is around next Year it's a safe bet the Bills will Be 7-9 or worse because that is what Jauron does...7 Seasons with a losing Record as a HC...Expecting 8-8 is actually a stretch with a Dead Dick Coached Team... :rolleyes:

While watching the game at that point in time I was thinking what do we do now. Its obvious and I agree that the percentage call would be to plow Marshawn into the goalline defense the Jets were in. And I thought what do the Bills do when the chips are on the line and we try to execute a critical play like that? I think past history shows that we would screw up no matter what we did.......

I'm positive two runs into the line would have netted less than 5 yards, a sweep would have generated negative yards, we ultimately would have punted and the Jets would have won the game either in regulation or overtime. So whether we ran up the gut or tried to be fancy we were doomed to failure....And Jauron was doomed to criticism....

You weren't sure what to do with the Bills 2nd and 5 and Marshawn tearing the Jets defense a new one? Are you serious? No wonder you're cutting Dick Jauron some slack.

Holy freaking cow what has happened to Bills fans. It's downright scary reading some of these "poor ol' Dick Jauron" posts. For a head coach, the man is an idiot. I've been saying this here when it was a very unpopular opinion last year at this time, but for there to STILL be fans on his side after a 6-10 season, 0-6 against the division and the easiest schedule they've ever had is amazing to me.

You weren't sure what to do with the Bills 2nd and 5 and Marshawn tearing the Jets defense a new one? Are you serious? No wonder you're cutting Dick Jauron some slack.

Holy freaking cow what has happened to Bills fans. It's downright scary reading some of these "poor ol' Dick Jauron" posts. For a head coach, the man is an idiot. I've been saying this here when it was a very unpopular opinion last year at this time, but for there to STILL be fans on his side after a 6-10 season, 0-6 against the division and the easiest schedule they've ever had is amazing to me.

I can see being confused. The Bills just caved the Jets in for yet another 5 yards and the Jets called a time out. Aught oh! Mangini must be up to something! WTF should we do now? Crud! We didn't run the ball so good in that game 2 months ago when we didn't even try to run the ball. The clock is going to stop again for the 2 minute warning. Gee whiz. WTF should we do? Panic button? Yeah! Let's do something Mangini will never suspect! We'll roll out and throw to our pure scrub fullback! Hot dog, that'll show 'em who wears the headset!

This was a bad call but a much worse call was Buffalo vs. Denver at home in the pouring rain calling a double reverse to Andre Reed in overtime to lose the game. Shockingly, Andre fumbled the wet ball... That was the Wade ERa if I recall correctly.

A monkey would have called for a running play in that situation. It will go down as the worst play call in Buffalo Bills history.

Stop the madness, our coach is an idiot who is devoid of anything resembling basic football instincts. The guys who are rationalizing the play call and are still supporting our baffoon of a head coach have lost their minds.

I can see being confused. The Bills just caved the Jets in for yet another 5 yards and the Jets called a time out. Aught oh! Mangini must be up to something! WTF should we do now? Crud! We didn't run the ball so good in that game 2 months ago when we didn't even try to run the ball. The clock is going to stop again for the 2 minute warning. Gee whiz. WTF should we do? Panic button? Yeah! Let's do something Mangini will never suspect! We'll roll out and throw to our pure scrub fullback! Hot dog, that'll show 'em who wears the headset!

Exactly! :rolleyes:

Hey, football is hard, winning is hard...blah blah blah blah blah...Hell yeah it is with a head coach who's as freaking dumb as you are! B-)

I want him to just go away already. I can't take seeing that blank deer-in-the-headlight stare on the sideline for one more game.

It wasn't about gaining yards, though.. it was about:

1. Chewing up clock.

2. Forcing the Jets to come from behind with a long field.

3. Using our defense, which had made the Jets offense inept after the 1st quarter, stop them.

4. We stop them, and win the game.

To me, it is clear cut... who cares if running was obvious? Time management dictates you run, ESPECIALLY if your line had dominated like ours did.

What he said. :rolleyes:

Dude, jauron deserves some slack. its hard to win in the NFL. I mean look at it realistically. 50% of the teams in the NFL lose every week. Those aren't very good odds, so you can't really fault the coach when the odds are stacked against him that much. I mean, we'd like to be 13-1, but we're 6-8 and we'll have to roll with the punches.

OK ..... let's play coach for a play ......

2:06 left in the game ....... you have the ball on your side of the field ........ it's 2nd and 5 yards ....... you lead by less than a touchdown

your running game has been producing all day averaging 5.8 yards per running play ..... your running backs combined have one fumble.

your passing game has averaged 2.8 yards per passing play (including sacks) ......... your QB has thrown 3 interceptions and fumbled the ball 3 times.

In whos hands do you want the ball in to run out the clock???????

DJ not only should apologize ...... but he should commit seppiku

When thinking of the Bills offense in recent years, and in some cases years ago, we all used to complain "all we do is run, run, pass, punt!!" And I remember this even as a little kid when Bruce Mathison was the signal caller, and Greg Bell was the only guy on the team worth watching.

That call wasn't bad, actually it was quite aggressive, and the play itself is the type of play other teams pull on us all the time. Where did it fail? Well, for starters, the guy wearing #7 seems to be absolutely sure every time he drops back that nobody is going to tackle him, and didn't execute that play with a sense of urgency. He has always held on to the ball way too long. Secondly, the play was called to a no name, lump of crap tight end that has no business being on the field during critical, crunch time situations, at all. He was not open.

The instructions should have been simple... "JP... look at me, roll out right, after your first read, if he's not open, throw it AWAY. They're probably going to be rushing everyone since they think we are running the ball, you don't have much time." This is where the coaching staff failed. Wrong players on the field for this to work, thinking a no name tight end and a turnover machine could actually execute this play.

WAIT!! He should have to apologize for using those players though!!

If the pass is incomplete, no big deal, we played it aggressive. Put the ball back in Lynch's hands on third down, but not a SWEEP play.

It's easy to blame Jauron right now, but looking at the game on the NFL channel, the Bills looked solid. Looking at the losses to Miami, the Jets, and Cleveland all seem to point to the fact that it's really Schonert that should probably be let go, and someone should punch him in the face on the way out.

In other threads I have been agreeing with the firing of Jauron, and thats probably still true, but I'm starting to think he's not the problem so much as it is some of the talentless crap he has to work with. Come on, each game I watch I am utterly stunned at how poorly our defensive line performs, and how badly the offensive line gets pushed around.

If jauron is around next year, they better add some players to those squads and a new offensive coordinator, or expect 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10 again.

You know I watche dthe play over and over and over agin It was a playaction Pass on a Blitz There was no roll out he was backing up to pass and satrted rolling out afterwards Peters couldnt hold his block and nither could the full back Robert royal blocked none and he saw the blitz coming if it was a rollout to the fb dont you think he would have picked up the blitzer if Peters picks up his bilitzer there is no fumble if the FB or royal could have blocked the other blitzer there would have been no fumble recovery by the defense if Jp would have thrown it away when he saw nothing from the start we wouldnt be talking bout this but if Jauron would have coached to win the game he would have ran the ball on 2-5 could have picked up the first down would have run down the clock to the 2 minute warning and still ahd plenty of time to run dwn the clock. That should have been the focus run down the clock to not make any mistakes by putting on your passing game.

Their are plaenty to balmae on the play but the biggest blame and rightfully so goes to the HC he should not have made such a bone head call trying to end a losing streak! :rolleyes:

OK ..... let's play coach for a play ......

2:06 left in the game ....... you have the ball on your side of the field ........ it's 2nd and 5 yards ....... you lead by less than a touchdown

your running game has been producing all day averaging 5.8 yards per running play ..... your running backs combined have one fumble.

your passing game has averaged 2.8 yards per passing play (including sacks) ......... your QB has thrown 3 interceptions and fumbled the ball 3 times.

In whos hands do you want the ball in to run out the clock???????

DJ not only should apologize ...... but he should commit seppiku

I believe at that time he had one that went through the receivers hands

You know I watche dthe play over and over and over agin It was a playaction Pass on a Blitz There was no roll out he was backing up to pass and satrted rolling out afterwards Peters couldnt hold his block and nither could the full back Robert royal blocked none and he saw the blitz coming if it was a rollout to the fb dont you think he would have picked up the blitzer if Peters picks up his bilitzer there is no fumble if the FB or royal could have blocked the other blitzer there would have been no fumble recovery by the defense if Jp would have thrown it away when he saw nothing from the start we wouldnt be talking bout this but if Jauron would have coached to win the game he would have ran the ball on 2-5 could have picked up the first down would have run down the clock to the 2 minute warning and still ahd plenty of time to run dwn the clock. That should have been the focus run down the clock to not make any mistakes by putting on your passing game.

Their are plaenty to balmae on the play but the biggest blame and rightfully so goes to the HC he should not have made such a bone head call trying to end a losing streak! :rolleyes:

Holy Run-on Sentence, Batman.... B-)