Teams Personality/ Identity

bisonbrigade

What would you like to see as the teams Personality/ Identity.

On Offense I would like to see this team run down people's throat with lynch, not like that stupid play call against the jets. Lynch should have 335 carries for 1407 yards and 16 td's. Thats over 21 carries a game. He is averaging right now 17 carries a game. Jackson should have 5 carries a game. SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL setting up playaction deep to Evans.

On Defense I don't mind the 4-3 defense, but please no Tampa cover two. I would like the team to have an aggresive blitzing defense. PRESSURE DEFENSE. Lots of impact plays, sacks, interceptions and forced fumbles. Where are these plays?

Teams should know that the Bills are a physical hard hitting football team. Not exactly what they are now.

Offensively, I want to be one of those teams that can win games without our quarterback doing a whole lot. I want to be one of those teams that, even when defenses KNOW we're going to run the ball, we can line up and stuff it down their throats.

I honestly think we're pretty close to that. The running backs are excellent, and compliment each other well. Four out of 5 linemen are in place in my opinion. Preston, being the 5th, has really come along the last few weeks. Really encouraged by the way we've been running the ball, especially against Kris Jenkins and the Jets. We might need an upgrade at center to get a smash mouth running game, but I'm beginning to think perhaps not.

I do wish, though, that Schonert would committ to the run a bit more. I hope his vision eventually lines up with mine. We have no quarterback? So what! Lets pound the rock inside until defenses can't catch their breath, and then run it some more. Again, it seems like we're coming along, and are on the way to being this kind of offense.

Defensively, I want to be a team that can get a pass rush with only its front four. I want the team to perhaps surrender some yardage, but make up for it with strong redzone play, and turnovers in bunches caused by a disruptive, athletic line that allows us to drop 7 back in coverage and still get a rush. Basically, this is what a quality Cover 2 defense is supposed to look like.

I think we have most of the pieces of a secondary that can make plays with a strong pass rush. Unfortunately, I don't think our line is anywhere close to where I'd want it to eventually be. This is where we should focus on improving in the offseason.

I want them to reflect the personality of their head coach. That will show that they respect the HC and want to follow his lead. I don't see how this could go wrong.

What we need is some swagger. I dont want to see us too reliant on any one thing. We need to be a threat in the passing game, not just a ram it down your throat running team IMHO. Sure, I want to be able to run it down the throats of teams, but we have to a QB we can lean on when the running game isnt there.

We just need some toughness and swagger to our team. Teams need to know they better bring their A game when they face the Bills...

Well with JP behind center I would like Lynch to get 30 carries a game and Freddie to get at least 20 a game.

If JP is not going to even attempt to throw more than 10 yards downfield, why even have him on the field.

just snap it to Fred and run the single wing :rolleyes:

you would totally eliminate the risk of JP doing anything really dumb

How about letting the players show emotion. Not just the periodic celebration when they score, but the all out, *uckin A Right I Scored emotion! Let the players have fun out there, and not this business sense. Emotion builds character too! Keep it toned down to the level or two below the Chad Johnson, Terrel Owens assinine emotion but hell, show something on the field. If it wasn't for Josh Reed celebrating a 1st down, the Bills would look exactly like their coach every single play, clueless and damn near dead.

Give me the Anthony Hargrove GAME Mojo. I remember before Anthony came to play for the Bills the Bills sideline had a emotional heart rate of Dick Moron, ________ . So it's Anthony Hargroves first game with the Bills,and their I am, sitting in seats behind the Bills bench wondering WHO is this guy TRIING to get the fans and his TEAM MATES heart rate fired up. Its Anthony Hargrove . We miss you. Who on this team, now has ever tried to pump up the sidelines?? There is no Darryl Talley on this team.

What would you like to see as the teams Personality/ Identity.

On Offense I would like to see this team run down people's throat with lynch, not like that stupid play call against the jets. Lynch should have 335 carries for 1407 yards and 16 td's. Thats over 21 carries a game. He is averaging right now 17 carries a game. Jackson should have 5 carries a game. SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL setting up playaction deep to Evans.

On Defense I don't mind the 4-3 defense, but please no Tampa cover two. I would like the team to have an aggresive blitzing defense. PRESSURE DEFENSE. Lots of impact plays, sacks, interceptions and forced fumbles. Where are these plays?

Teams should know that the Bills are a physical hard hitting football team. Not exactly what they are now.

Smash Mouth. Unleash the Beast!!!!! I want a hard hitting defense, and an offensive line that will make any defensive lineman piss their pants. I want guys on the O-Line like Steve Wisnewski, Kevin Mawae, and guys on defense like Ray Lewis and well the rest of the Baltimore Ravens D.

Sh--, this team's identity is a lot like our uniforms.

Much like we retained the standard Bills logo, we want to have some connection with a hard-nose run-first, run-second, run-third attitude. With the Titans-style away uni yolk, we added in a little bit of Gregg's cooking on the D (mostly, despite all the turnover, we're still affected by him getting rid of the "fat guys." We've got a Denver-like stripe up the rib gussets (not sure what we take from them). We took on the dark navy blue of the Pats* about the time we picked up Bledsoe and Milloy.... We wanna be like everyone else, and thereby, we aren't ourselves. Basically, we've been a team of castoffs. We've been a team of nobodies. We've been essentially an upper-level farm team to the other 31 clubs. We're now an amalgam of good athletes with good character who play hard and week-in and week-out, are often in games until the end some way or another, then kick the fans in the nuts. If this Bills team could ever get actual coaching that has clear goals, get a few roster upgrades (DE, TE, & C especially), they could be contenders late in the season rather than these start slow-win in October-crash in December or Start strong-finish weak patterns we've run into.

Currently, we have a coach that looks, acts and sounds like death warmed over doesn't really give us an identity. We're still plain yogurt waiting for what kind of fruit we're going to be paired with. DJ does not have an offensive philosophy other than Disinterested / Sgt. Schultz 'I see nutszing, I hear nutszing! I know nutszing!' / Scared Sh--less.

The people in charge at OBD have no idea what they want to be.

Since the coaches are so concerned about not burning Lynch out, and losing instead...I say just don't give the guy any carries and save him for 2010 when we might have new coaches, a chance of winning, Favre, Jenkins, Pennington, and Moss will all be retired or in massive decline mode.

There's our chance.