Bledsoe angrily defends himself

DPR4444

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great- maybe if he made just 1 play to score from the red zone, maybe someone would take him seriously.

89496[/snapback]

Funny, last I checked he had 6 TD passes.

How many TDs has the running game produced again?

CW

I preface this response with the belief that Drew is probably done because he has taken too many hits.

That said, imo he did make some valid points. Power running? Smashmouth? Sure, our OL is up to THAT task!  <_<

Also, the "mental mistakes" comment was fully valid. Let Henry miss a few more assingments, let Williams usher a few DEs to JP, and in a few years, he too will be shot.

Sure, JP is more mobile and that is great, but ANY qb needs some time in the pocket. Aside from the ravens, I dont think that Drew, under the circumstances was THAT bad, but again, a change is fine with me.

Bottom Line? The Bills will suck until they can block.

89280[/snapback]

Bill what will you do when McGahee starts and we lose? You will have no whipping boy to put in your EVERY post? Oh wait, McGahee had the lion's share of the carries last week and we DID lose. And he helped with giving the raven's seven points. Good god, you are worse than Spikedlemonade.

Bill what will you do when McGahee starts and we lose?  You will have no whipping boy to put in your EVERY post?  Oh wait, McGahee had the lion's share of the carries last week and we DID lose.  And he helped with giving the raven's seven points.  Good god, you are worse than Spikedlemonade.

89596[/snapback]

Hey man, since 4 PM on sunday, almost every post has been that "Bledsoe Sucks." This is OK, right? What makes Henry, or any other player above criticism? Has he played well?

Guess what? Drew has played better this season than Travis Henry. That's right, better than Henry. At least once or twice, on however rare occasion, he was able to make a play without falling on his dumb ass, missing assignments, and going in the wrong direction. Can you say the same for your football icon, Travis Henry?

Two INTs this season that are "his fault"? Maybe its this inability to see what's actually happening that prevents him from playing well. He had 3 INTS LAST GAME that were his fault. Just because the ball is tipped doesn't mean its not the QBs fault. How about throwing some better balls Drew? Throwing the ball 9 feet in the air on a friggin' screen pass and you don't take the blame for that INT? Throwing the ball behind the WR and letting the LB stick his hand in there to knock it up and you aren't to blame for that INT either?

Whatever. Bledsoe was always considered a class guy, but you know what, you can spot the class guys based on how they handle adversity. Bledsoe is just another QB (alla Dougie) who points the fingers elsewhere instead of nutting up and taking responsibility for his own poor play.

For all the people saying, “he’s right”, you just don’t get it. It doesn’t matter if he’s not the player solely responsible for the poor play of the offense, but you don’t take it to the media and bash your teammates. Have you seen any Bills taking shots at the QB position? Hell, have you seen any Bills not named Bledsoe opening blaming any other player on the field? What Drew has said is divisive to a team that needs to stick together.

I’ll tell you what, after Bledsoe has left his Oline out the dry I bet they can’t wait for Losman to get healthy.

Hey man, since 4 PM on sunday, almost every post has been that "Bledsoe Sucks." This is OK, right? What makes Henry, or any other player above criticism? Has he played well?

Guess what? Drew has played better this season than Travis Henry. That's right, better than Henry. At least once or twice, on however rare occasion, he was able to make a play without falling on his dumb ass, missing assignments, and going in the wrong direction. Can you say the same for your football icon, Travis Henry?

89627[/snapback]

One reason is that Drew is still starting/playing while TH is not (at least for now).

GO WILLIS!!!

Two INTs this season that are "his fault"?  Maybe its this inability to see what's actually happening that prevents him from playing well.  He had 3 INTS LAST GAME that were his fault.  Just because the ball is tipped doesn't mean its not the QBs fault.  How about throwing some better balls Drew?  Throwing the ball 9 feet in the air on a friggin' screen pass and you don't take the blame for that INT?  Throwing the ball behind the WR and letting the LB stick his hand in there to knock it up and you aren't to blame for that INT either?

Whatever.  Bledsoe was always considered a class guy, but you know what, you can spot the class guys based on how they handle adversity.  Bledsoe is just another QB (alla Dougie) who points the fingers elsewhere instead of nutting up and taking responsibility for his own poor play.

For all the people saying, “he’s right”, you just don’t get it.  It doesn’t matter if he’s not the player solely responsible for the poor play of the offense, but you don’t take it to the media and bash your teammates.  Have you seen any Bills taking shots at the QB position?  Hell, have you seen any Bills not named Bledsoe opening blaming any other player on the field?  What Drew has said is divisive to a team that needs to stick together.

I’ll tell you what, after Bledsoe has left his Oline out the dry I bet they can’t wait for Losman to get healthy.

89646[/snapback]

No doubt, great post! Now where is Mo Lewis when we need him?

OK, now it has gone over the top.

Would you like his family to also be hurt in a car Rosen?

89668[/snapback]

Get a sense of humor. Nobody really wants him to get hurt, it was a joke. Though, if you think about it, if a Pats fan had to come up with the 10 most important moment in Pats football history, that Mo Lewis hit has to be in the top 5, most likely #3 after the two SB wins. :D

Bill what will you do when McGahee starts and we lose?  You will have no whipping boy to put in your EVERY post?  Oh wait, McGahee had the lion's share of the carries last week and we DID lose.  And he helped with giving the raven's seven points.  Good god, you are worse than Spikedlemonade.

89596[/snapback]

Umn....you did see that we were playing catchup early in last weeks game right?

Get a sense of humor.  Nobody really wants him to get hurt, it was a joke.  Though, if you think about it, if a Pats fan had to come up with the 10 most important moment in Pats football history, that Mo Lewis hit has to be in the top 5, most likely #3 after the two SB wins. :D

89681[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure Drew's family would find that hysterical. Nice. Real nice.

Is it me or does Drew sound like Doug Flutie?

89776[/snapback]

No - Doug would've said that none of the INTs were his fault, but that all of the TDs were 100% because of him and had nothing to do with anyone else on the team.

CW

No - Doug would've said that none of the INTs were his fault, but that all of the TDs were 100% because of him and had nothing to do with anyone else on the team.

CW

89779[/snapback]

Well I'm sure if Drew were playing well he might tell you about his TD passes, but when you are 1-5 that wouldn't exactly be the right course of action.

How can he prevent 4th quarter collapses by the #2 defense in the league and how is he supposed to make the receivers stop dropping balls?

The I.Q. of this board is spiraling downwards and I never thought that would ever happen!!!

:D

89426[/snapback]

Perhaps he could try throwing the ball accurately and on time when receivers are open? That might build some much needed confidence, which is the key ingredient that is missing.

89741[/snapback]

The day I give a stevestojan what Drew's family thinks I'll ask 'em how I can parent with dignity. Drew made a full recovery, he didn't die or lose a limb. Is his family still in mourning over that hit 3 years later? What about Tom Brady’s family? Do they count too? Hell, now that we’re considering everybody’s family’s feelings, I think we should just shut the board down because, you know, we might hurt their feelings. :D

89741[/snapback]

Lori,

You forget that this is the same board where people were talking about lining up on the highway and shooting at GW as he left Buffalo, amogst other vile things. Say half these things in person and you'd be arrested at worst or knocked senseless at best.

Classless.

CW