Bledsoe angrily defends himself

DPR4444

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his honesty. He is non-directly blaming the offensive line, which is a weak link on our football team. The offense does not fit what he likes to do which is pass. In order to be a power running team you need two things. A hard runner which we have and an offense line that can run block effectively. We only have one of those right now. Is it to late to switch the offfense to a passing team?

Way to blame everyone else but yourself, DB. I bet the other players love reading that.

89268[/snapback]

He gets criticized when he takes the blame and says they need to do better as a team, now he gets criticized when he says that he is playing alright within a system that isn't functioning properly.

I think he has played much better this season. His level of play has been even higher when he has protection.

Basically, he can't win with any response. If he doesn't say anything, we say that he lacks passion. If he yells at people on the team, we say he's being overly critical and ignoring the fact that he isn't doing enough.

Then why did all the Flutie-supporters not mind when he never took responsibility for *anything* that went wrong?

I also seem to recall Jim Kelly calling out Ballard after a bad game against the Colts.  I seem to recall that Bills team going to the playoffs that year, and then going to four straight Superbowls starting the following year.

I think people here read too much into player/coaches comments...

CW

89317[/snapback]

Not to support Bledsoe any more than to say that he has accepted blame for the miserable offensive performances week after week after week, and many were not his fault. If anything, he's been the good soldier. I believe what we see now is utter frustration coming from him. What does everyone here think? Is it that only we, the fans, are frustrated? I can only hope for our sake that JP will be a good one, but what has he proved yet? Care to review the list on QB's who were high draft choices that have failed miserably? Here's a few....Heath Schuler, Akili Smith, Rick Mirer, Todd Blacklege, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Ryan Leaf, Browning Nagle, etc....

Let Bledsoe blow off steam for crying out loud. Any one recall Kelly calling out Ballard after he took that huge blind side hit when Ballard firt replaced Devlin (who Kelly supported)? Give it a rest and let's hope JP can take our QB play to a higher level given time.

Fez - be careful with that logic, these guys (and gals) want blood....

I don't see anything wrong with DB';s comments here.

We do not have a running game, and we do not have an Offense line good enough to protect him.

I agree that DB is a part of our O problems, but nobody should be blaming DB and DB alone. I've seen Eric Moulds drop a few drive killing passes this year. We've had more then our share of drive killing penalties too.

place the balme where it belongs... On the entire Offense in general. DB deserves some of it, but not all of it or the majority of it.

OK, now it has gone over the top.

Would you like his family to also be hurt in a car Rosen?

89668[/snapback]

Get a clue bro. That was obviously a joke.

How about the poor girl he stage dove on and busted up? Ya think her family thought he was a great guy after that?

Mo Lewis was the Pats MVP that season, ask any Pat fan and they'll tell you.

I’ll tell you what, after Bledsoe has left his Oline out the dry I bet they can’t wait for Losman to get healthy.

89646[/snapback]

If Drew thought his protection was bad before now, wait till the OL intentionally runs a few "look-out" blocks for our boy Drew.

If Drew thought his protection was bad before now, wait till the OL intentionally runs a few "look-out" blocks for our boy Drew.

90032[/snapback]

I doubt it. These guys are playing for jobs. There is no doubt this line has played like stevestojan. They get NO push in the running game and can not consistantly give protection in the passing game. This is a heads up that some of these guys will be benched after this game if they do not improve.

I am glad they are called out. The running game is a joke and it is due to the OLine. The Bills have a two time 1,300+ yard runner and a Heisman Trophy runner up in the backfield and can't do jack stevestojan. No rushing TDs after 6 games. What a crock!

Forget the passing game, for now. At least they are getting SOMETHING done with the passing game. NOTHING is getting done with the running game and that is unacceptable and the root of most of the offense's problems

Guest guestMT
completly true. but as the QB, you have to say, "we need to play better as a team", "our team has to play better", and stuff like that.

89298[/snapback]

Let me preface this by saying I think he's done, as he's been beat into submission, but he has been saying exactly what you suggest for about a year now-go back and read the quotes. He's always put a disproportionate share of the blame on himself, both here and in NE. I think he waiting too long to call the O line out. Marino woulda been on their asses week 2.

shows NO LEADERSHIP .    i gave him lots of time this year to show what HE can do , ITS OVER. step aside assclown  :P  :D  :w00t:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

89304[/snapback]

I have read this quote from you about 5 times in this post. Are you in the lockerroom or at practice? No. You have zero idea what you are talking about if you don't think he is a respected leader.

Three weeks ago, it was "Drew needs to be a leader!  Call out his teammates publicly and challenge them to do better!  That's what Kelly did!"  This weeks he does it and so it's "Drew needs to be a leader!  He needs to take responsibility himself instead of blaming his teammates!  He's going to lose his team that way!"

:D

89423[/snapback]

Dan Gross, I could not agree more.

Get a clue bro.  That was obviously a joke. 

How about the poor girl he stage dove on and busted up?  Ya think her family thought he was a great guy after that?

Mo Lewis was the Pats MVP that season,  ask any Pat fan and they'll tell you.

89954[/snapback]

The joke is a POS who has an AV of a Buffalo sports star almost bleeding to death. You are one to preach about what makes a "great guy".

Drew has always placed blame on himself. In fact, IIRC, that's one of the things that pissed off Pats fans. DB always blamed himself and wouldn't call anyone out. I'm actually glad he finally said something. The OLine has played like stevestojan. Lets just hope that this helps motivate them, because God knows they need motivation. Bledsoe hasn't played great, but he's not the sole reason for this offense's lack of production.

I still would like to see a change at QB when JP is healthy, if for nothing else than just a change that might spark this team. But I have no problem at all with what Drew said, just wished he said it sooner.

90032[/snapback]

And that'd be different from how they normally play how exactly?

CW

Good for you Drew, stop accepting this ridiculous BS from everyone. Our line is a farce, it has been a farce. What is supposed to do with that? QBs who can't run need an o-line and Drew is NOT the only immobile QB in the league. Peyton Manning for example, doesn't get touched and doesn't run. There are many others. Would it be nice if he could run, yes, but he can't. Noone on the whole f-ing team can block consistently. We have ZERO rushing TDs this year. ZERO! That isn't all playcalling either so don't even try that. How can we score when we can't run inside the 20? How? We had ONE game this year where Drew didn't get chased around, the Miami game, and we won that and he looked decent. Is he a top 10 QB, no, but he isn't a bottom 10 guy either. He's average and the line is killing him and the whole offense. When you can't run you have to throw, when you have to throw the other team blitzes, when the other team blitzes you get hit, it isn't complicated. Other teams have NO respect for our line at all. They are always careful to speak well of the skill positions but more than one team has called out our o-line publicly.

Go ahead and flame me, I know I've trodden upon the sacred Bledsoe sucks grounds. Start holding the people accountable who are really at fault, Mike Williams, Chris Villarial, Ross Tucker, Trey Teague, Lawrence Smith, and Jonas Jennings. Our tackles are average at best and our interior line is god awful. We have TWO terrible centers and we can't drive block a van full of retarded kids in wheelchairs. It's embarassing. GROW A SACK AND HIT THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Until then all the railing about Bledsoe is a waste of time because for the next month we have NOBODY ELSE, god forbid someone else should pick up their game and help us out a little. IT'S WEEK 7 AND WE HAVE ZERO RUSHING TDS, reconcile that if it's all about Drew. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Good for you Drew, stop accepting this ridiculous BS from everyone.  Our line is a farce, it has been a farce.  What is supposed to do with that?  QBs who can't run need an o-line and Drew is NOT the only immobile QB in the league.  Peyton Manning for example, doesn't get touched and doesn't run.  There are many others.  Would it be nice if he could run, yes, but he can't.  Noone on the whole f-ing team can block consistently.  We have ZERO rushing TDs this year.  ZERO!  That isn't all playcalling either so don't even try that.  How can we score when we can't run inside the 20?  How?  We had ONE game this year where Drew didn't get chased around, the Miami game, and we won that and he looked decent.  Is he a top 10 QB, no, but he isn't a bottom 10 guy either.  He's average and the line is killing him and the whole offense.  When you can't run you have to throw, when you have to throw the other team blitzes, when the other team blitzes you get hit, it isn't complicated.  Other teams have NO respect for our line at all.  They are always careful to speak well of the skill positions but more than one team has called out our o-line publicly.

Go ahead and flame me, I know I've trodden upon the sacred Bledsoe sucks grounds.  Start holding the people accountable who are really at fault, Mike Williams, Chris Villarial, Ross Tucker, Trey Teague, Lawrence Smith, and Jonas Jennings.  Our tackles are average at best and our interior line is god awful.  We have TWO terrible centers and we can't drive block a van full of retarded kids in wheelchairs.  It's embarassing.  GROW A SACK AND HIT THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU!!!  Until then all the railing about Bledsoe is a waste of time because for the next month we have NOBODY ELSE, god forbid someone else should pick up their game and help us out a little.  IT'S WEEK 7 AND WE HAVE ZERO RUSHING TDS, reconcile that if it's all about Drew. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

90152[/snapback]

Love your signature! Why do I keep wasting beautiful Sunday afternoons? Especially after what we have seen? My wife knows I am insane.... I still don't see the insanity of following these !@#$s, yet... after 40 plus years. of BILLS pain.... I'll be watching Sunday.. Forecast for Memphis from 12-3 CST Sunny and Warm! In the TV room, drunk and depressed!!!! ;)

If RedSux can do it, so can we..... Once BEeore I Die!

And FOAD Stevetjwhat the f%^&*(...