Anyone else sick of "character" players?

sac bills

Just throwin it out there, but i hope the people who are badmouthing pacman and TO realize that their team is 9-5 and just got done beating the giants and were missing their qb for a month or so. TO has also had one of his teams in the SB...

There's no chance of the Cowboy's being where they are without him and his antics? He takes away the whole concept of "team".

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean that football is a tough sport and I want guys who the other team is afraid of. Marshawn seems to be the only player on our team who the opposition has trouble with every week because of his toughness.

I'm not saying I want criminals, just big and nasty football players (on the field) and it seems we have a bunch of softies.

Once in a while, I'd like to see a Bill other than Marshawn Lynch trying to rip someone's head off.

Quote form Little Giants "Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical. " considering we ae only winning 40 % of our games I think weve got the physical down.

Now its time to find the 80% mental :lol:

Once in a while, I'd like to see a Bill other than Marshawn Lynch trying to rip someone's head off.

we need a coach like Lindy Ruff......Jauron just shows way to much emotions before during and after games. I dont know about you but that golfer clap that jauron does would motivate the crap outta me

What, you mean two character players?!? NO!!! NO!!! We need people who jump up and down and act like idiots and thus intimidate the opponents!!!

Thanks for proving a point, Pride. Character and talent sure as hell CAN go hand-in-hand... you just need talented people at the top making the right decisions. People like the original poster shouldn't be complaining about too many "character" players, they should be complaining about too many marginal talents in leadership roles like Whitner, Posluszny, etc.

Good post, that was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Character and aggressiveness have nothing to do with each other. You can have one or the other or neither or both. Yes, I'm sick of the Bills unaggressiveness. No, it has nothing to do with character, and I love our high character only policies.

I'd love to have Urlacher on this team. High character and hits hard and is aggressive. And he is only one of many examples.

Why should we be sick of "character" guys on the team?

"Character" and "talent" aren't mutually exclusive. Despite what Marv Levy's drafting habits would have you believe, you can have guys who are good citizens and talented football players. You don't need "intimidating" or "a--hole" players. You need guys who can execute.

If we had a team of emotion-less automatons who executed each and every play to perfection, I would be thrilled beyond belief. Ranting and raving and acting like a petulant child is overrated.

A voice of reason. We'll do fine in the upcoming draft if we go for character as well as stellar athletes.

Character players who should be there in Round 1 include OLB Aaron Curry, DE Michael Johnson, OT Michael Oher (if you don't know his story read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oher ), and FS Taylor Mays. I don't think we'd take LB Brian Cushing (Suspicion of steroid use) or DE Greg Hardy (takes plays off).

There's no chance of the Cowboy's being where they are without him and his antics? He takes away the whole concept of "team".

Well then, his "team" is still doing better than our team.

Randy Moss' team went 18-1 last year.

Plaxico Burress' team won the SB last year.

Having !@#$s doesnt necessarily mean your "team" is going to suck.

What's the correlation between character and ripping someone's head off? Or are you really saying that we need cheapshot artists on the team. Bills have had lots of character guys with a rip your head off mentality on the field but they didn't resort to cheap shots to accomplish it. Or are you saying Lynch doesn't have character? Sorry if I seem confused.

GO BILLS!!!

Frankly, character is what I am looking for in a boyscout troop leader, I could care less about it when it comes to an NFL player. I feel sorry for anyone looking to professional athletes for moral guidance. That is what my priest is for. If a guy has enough control over himself to avoid being suspended, that is good enough for me as long as he shows up and gets the job done on Sunday.

My problem with a lot of our players is that they aren't showing up on Sunday. Apart from an occasional play or fortuitous bounce, guys like Whitner, Poz, Denney, Kelsay, Royal, etc. have done little to distinguish themselves on the field. I know, I said something less than adoring of Poz and thats blasphemy but its too late, I said it.

I've been saying it for years and have been shouted down by the "Let's do things the right way" crowd.

You are not saying that performance on the field is more important than how daintily they fold their napkins are you?

Heavens to murgatroid.

I also have a big problem with the "He's too big to play in the Cover 2" bull sh-- that I hear a lot.

the cover 2 was designed to allow teams to compete defensively on the cheap with players that were not good enough or big enough to play in a real defense.

CBs with no man cover skills and LBs that weigh 225 lbs.

without premium talent, you won;t have a good defense but you can compete by maintaining discipline