C or TE in 1st rd

Numark

I know DE, DT, OLB are all big needs, but let's face it, offense is what is holding us back big time. And on the offenseive side, the problem i think is down to 2 spots, C & TE. There are 2 very good centers, and 2 very good tall pass-catching tightends. I really think we need to go that route in the 1st round. Preferably a TE as that will help trent out incredibly. Center could be adressed in free agency hopefully. And OLB, DT can alwys be picked up in the 3rd, 4th, 5th. DOn't forget we get Bowen back next year, and i still have high hopes for him.

So my draft plans would be

TE

DE

OLB

DT

C

G

Wr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know DE, DT, OLB are all big needs, but let's face it, offense is what is holding us back big time. And on the offenseive side, the problem i think is down to 2 spots, C & TE. There are 2 very good centers, and 2 very good tall pass-catching tightends. I really think we need to go that route in the 1st round. Preferably a TE as that will help trent out incredibly. Center could be adressed in free agency hopefully. And OLB, DT can alwys be picked up in the 3rd, 4th, 5th. DOn't forget we get Bowen back next year, and i still have high hopes for him.

TE

DE

OLB

DT

C

G

Wr

What C would solve our problem via FA though? The only stud that's available is Birk, and i don't think he's going anywhere. (I could be missing someone)

I agree with TE being a priority, but just not enough of a priority to surpass the lack of pass rush.

IMO, we're one Center away from completing the offensive line...and one solid pass rusher from completing the Defensive line (assuming that Schobel can continue to produce) though we still need more depth at DT.

I'm not sure about our LB's...seeing Mitchell beat by a FB this past week made me want to vomit. Poz has been very average, and Ellison can't/shouldn't start.

We're either going to have to get a DE (ala Peppers) or LB (dansby, peterson, crowder) via FA...b/c we won't be able to fill everything through the draft.

Being that I don't expect us to get a guy like peppers, I think we're going to have to draft a DE with our first pick, hopefully go TE with our second, go Center with our third and we can get a LB and and an "ok" DT in FA.

I have to look at both positions and then look at free agency.....see where the draft is weaker.

I still think DE is a major concern for this team, center is too. I think TE wise, Derek Fine has played well....Id like to grab someone to go with him. Royal Schouman.....I dont care for.

I know DE, DT, OLB are all big needs, but let's face it, offense is what is holding us back big time. And on the offenseive side, the problem i think is down to 2 spots, C & TE.

While the blanket statement "the defense is better than the offense" may be correct, you have to look at specifici facets of the game when it comes to the draft. By far, our weakest phase is pass rushing, so we should draft a DE. To me, it's as simple as that.

I have to look at both positions and then look at free agency.....see where the draft is weaker.

I still think DE is a major concern for this team, center is too. I think TE wise, Derek Fine has played well....Id like to grab someone to go with him. Royal Schouman.....I dont care for.

I really a dominant pass rusher will change our entire scheme. pass rushers change the game more than anybody. I know it might not be possible I would like to add two pass rushers-send them in waves. Either DE's, DT's or blitzing OLB's

TE

DE

OLB

DT

C

G

Wr

DE in first round DUH :bag:

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush !! Not necessarily in that order. Give us two guys who can rush the passer, and a coach who can utilize their talents and we are in the playoffs.............EASY, even with other defiencies ----> every other team has defiencies as well

you forgot to mention PASS RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!...we really need passrushers....really....then center...then OLB

While the blanket statement "the defense is better than the offense" may be correct, you have to look at specifici facets of the game when it comes to the draft. By far, our weakest phase is pass rushing, so we should draft a DE. To me, it's as simple as that.

I agree completely with this post. :bag:

I really a dominant pass rusher will change our entire scheme. pass rushers change the game more than anybody. I know it might not be possible I would like to add two pass rushers-send them in waves. Either DE's, DT's or blitzing OLB's

Yeah I agree......

Id love to get a Julius Peppers, or someone like that via FA, but man its going to be tough to market this team to any high profile FA......

I do like Brian Orakpo from Texas.....

On the one hand my general thoughts is go after the best big man available- DE, DT, OT,- the problem is these guys need a couple years to develop and I'm really sick of waiting- so in the draft I'd be looking for a great LB, I'd love Aaron Curry but he's gonna be a top 5 pick unless something freaky happens.

On the one hand my general thoughts is go after the best big man available- DE, DT, OT,- the problem is these guys need a couple years to develop and I'm really sick of waiting- so in the draft I'd be looking for a great LB, I'd love Aaron Curry but he's gonna be a top 5 pick unless something freaky happens.

I have a strong feeling he is going to drop to 8-12, and depending on how bad we play. WE may be able to get him. if he is there, i don't care what anyone says aobut needs, we grab him

And i know pass rush is by far the weakest part of the defense, our defense is still good/average. Our offense is terrible. Having a nice tall, fast tight end such as brandon pettigrew would help the offense and specifically trent edwards who would love to pass to tight ends all day. We are a C and good G for depth away from having a good offensive line, and our defense is still some positions away from being a great defense. But in my opinion, Fine is not going to be the answer, don't kid yourself. He may turn out to be a good tightend, but we want a playmaker. Fine is not playmaker.

If we pick a center, tightend, linebaker, or defensive end in the first round, I will be very happy. I just prefer a tightend at this point. This draft has 2 great pass-catching tight ends. has some great centers, specifically mack. Has some great OLBs in curry and cushing. And has some very good DEs.

This draft has the positions we need for once. So lets not screw this up.

TE

DE

OLB

DT

C

G

Wr

Sorry but pass rushing DE is top priority if there is a top player there it must be the pick. TE could be addressed in the offseason via Gonzalez or Winslow rumor is both will move.

Free agency is loaded with LB'ers and DE's that can rush the passer, and not so much with tight ends and centers. The best bet is to fill the pass rush need in free agency, because you're going to have to draft your TE if you want one.

For that reason, I think grabbing Jermaine Gresham in the 1st round is the best option, assuming we can target a pass rusher in free agency. Center is not a big enough need at this point to waste a 1st round pick on. There are some excellent centers that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Yup, DE is the most pressing need. Haven't had a real star since Bruce Smith. That double team frees up the DTs and the blitzing LBs. Watch how good Poz becomes when he's got a real DL in front of him and some help beside him.

A receiver who can get open

A real Center

DB depth, sheesh

Yup, DE is the most pressing need. Haven't had a real star since Bruce Smith. That double team frees up the DTs and the blitzing LBs. Watch how good Poz becomes when he's got a real DL in front of him and some help beside him.

A receiver who can get open

A real Center

DB depth, sheesh

DB depth? If there's one thing we don't need it's DB depth.

Free agency is loaded with LB'ers and DE's that can rush the passer, and not so much with tight ends and centers. The best bet is to fill the pass rush need in free agency, because you're going to have to draft your TE if you want one.

For that reason, I think grabbing Jermaine Gresham in the 1st round is the best option, assuming we can target a pass rusher in free agency. Center is not a big enough need at this point to waste a 1st round pick on. There are some excellent centers that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not sure the Bills can afford to take a TE in the 1st round, considering their porous d-line and interior o-line. With that said, however, if they do target a TE I hope that it is JERMAINE GRESHAM. I've watched quite a bit of Oklahoma this season and he has impressed me almost every game. For anyone who is unfamiliar with him he has what looks to be a bit of a small frame for an NFL TE, but he is tall and has great pass catching ability. In terms of awareness and athleticism he is the exact opposite of James Hardy. He can actually catch a ball in traffic and make an adjustment on a ball that is poorly thrown. That is the biggest problem with Hardy, he doesn't attack the football and make the catch. Gresham, from what I've seen has amazing ball skills (as Mike Mayock would say) and extemely strong hands). For those who haven't seen him this season keep your eyes open during the BCS National Championship game, #18 on OU