Bad play call, but Jauron is a stand up guy

jahnyc

I completley understand the unhappiness with Jauron as the head coach, but, for what it is worth, I am impressed with his taking full responsibility for the play call (and not throwing JP under the bus). It makes sense why the players like playing for him (other than maybe today), particularly compared to guys like Williams and Mularkey.

I am sure the players are very frustrated with the play that was called, but playing JP is a huge disadvantage for this team. Maybe my biggest criticism of Jauron for the play that was called is thinking that JP was even capable of making a play. He certainly did not show that ability during this game or in any game in the past. For a qb with this number of overall starts in the NFL, he could be the worst qb I have ever seen.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I completley understand the unhappiness with Jauron as the head coach, but, for what it is worth, I am impressed with his taking full responsibility for the play call (and not throwing JP under the bus). It makes sense why the players like playing for him (other than maybe today), particularly compared to guys like Williams and Mularkey.

I am sure the players are very frustrated with the play that was called, but playing JP is a huge disadvantage for this team. Maybe my biggest criticism of Jauron for the play that was called is thinking that JP was even capable of making a play. He certainly did not show that ability during this game or in any game in the past. For a qb with this number of overall starts in the NFL, he could be the worst qb I have ever seen.

I don't give a sh*t if Jauron is designated a Saint by the pope. His time here has shown that he has no business being an NFL head coach. He can continue being a stand up guy from his couch at home. This is nothing personal, just reality.

JP is a huge disadvantage to this team, but even more so is Jauron and Co. JP isn't the starter, he's the backup...Why put the game on his shoulders by running a bootleg? Answer the question. Why?

Had we run a bootleg all game? We've probably run 5 bootlegs all year. But we call a bootleg with 2:06 left, on the road, up by 3, after lynch had just gotten a nice gain on a run and had 120+ yards rushing in the game.

The purpose of coaching is to place your players in the best position to win and excel. A bootleg would have done no such thing there. The coaches failed.

I think DJ is a good human being.

That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

I'm with Dobbs on this one. Perfect. Seriously, the ONLY person who deserves actual ill will here is Ralph Wilson. The players, coaches, and Front Office can be as incopetent as possible, and it's still not their fault that they are being allowed to be here, it's his.

I think DJ is a good human being.

That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

I love this post. Short, concise and absolutely correct. Jauron is a good guy and he should be fired for utter incompetence. Nothing personal,just business.

Inexcusable.

I don't give a sh*t if Jauron is designated a Saint by the pope. His time here has shown that he has no business being an NFL head coach. He can continue being a stand up guy from his couch at home. This is nothing personal, just reality.

JP is a huge disadvantage to this team, but even more so is Jauron and Co. JP isn't the starter, he's the backup...Why put the game on his shoulders by running a bootleg? Answer the question. Why?

Had we run a bootleg all game? We've probably run 5 bootlegs all year. But we call a bootleg with 2:06 left, on the road, up by 3, after lynch had just gotten a nice gain on a run and had 120+ yards rushing in the game.

The purpose of coaching is to place your players in the best position to win and excel. A bootleg would have done no such thing there. The coaches failed.

The game didn't have to be "one the line." It was a sack, fumble, TD recovery. It was an abnormal play, to say the least. 9 times out of 10 that play has no bearing WHATSOEVER on the outcome of the game.

31 other teams are happy that Jauron is a nice guy...they're much happier that he's an incompetent NFL head coach.

:thumbsup:

i'm personally sick and tired of hearing how nice everyone is on the bills--such a high character organization we are. Certainly, no other team in the NFL wins while maintaining the high moral standards of the Bills. What a freaking joke.

BuffaloBills.org: your site to a bunch of gutless tree-hugging pansies who lose with class.

Last time I checked, a little mean-streak in football can actually be a positive thing. There's something to be said about a team's "intimidation" factor, and the fact that we seem to lack any.

I personally don't think Jauron made that call,I think it was a typical Turk "shotgun" Schonert call. Just like in that 49er game with Lynch owning them he stops calling his number when the team can use him most.

I also think Jauron is a stand up guy for taking that bullet for the turd.But bottom line is he is the head coach and the buck stops with him and like ' The Dean' said ...That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

Think of what Ralph Wilson must be thinking though, If I fire him I'm out 2 mil a year for the next three years to that stiff :sick:

Hey Ralph,perhaps you can demote Jauron to the defensive coordinator assistant and make him stay and earn his $$$ :sick: Then hire someone else to actually coach the team,like Bill Cowher :thumbsup:

That's crap, its the friggin NFL it happens all the time, he didn't jump as high as he could watch the replay,quit making excuses

I actually feel sorry for DJ in that he's in over his head as a NFL HC. And now I think he knows it. I'm sure he has plenty of book smarts, but his street smarts aren't there.

Everything I've read suggests he is a nice guy, but I can't believe what I've seen this season from him and the whole staff.

I personally don't think Jauron made that call,I think it was a typical Turk "shotgun" Schonert call. Just like in that 49er game with Lynch owning them he stops calling his number when the team can use him most.

I also think Jauron is a stand up guy for taking that bullet for the turd.But bottom line is he is the head coach and the buck stops with him and like ' The Dean' said ...That call should get him fired, though. Final straw, IMO.

Think of what Ralph Wilson must be thinking though, If I fire him I'm out 2 mil a year for the next three years to that stiff :sick:

Hey Ralph,perhaps you can demote Jauron to the defensive coordinator assistant and make him stay and earn his $$$ :sick: Then hire someone else to actually coach the team,like Bill Cowher :thumbsup:

no doubt it was Turk

too cute for his own good

consistent with calls by the same guy to take out Lynch everytime we got inside the 10 yard line

Dick knows he has 3 year contract and even if RAlph fires him, he laughs all the way to the bank.

That's why players and coaches love him - he demands no accountability

no doubt it was Turk

too cute for his own good

consistent with calls by the same guy to take out Lynch everytime we got inside the 10 yard line

Dick knows he has 3 year contract and even if RAlph fires him, he laughs all the way to the bank.

That's why players and coaches love him - he demands no accountability

i hope people in the football world can see why we have been barely losing so many close games the past couple of years... its not cuz we're cursed or we have bad luck or just suck..... its cuz this freakin coach gives the other team EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY to win the game. look at the Dallas game, just run and win...... nah, how about we go shotgun from other teams 10 yard line and throw the ball to them? lets pass with 2 mins left vs Denver in last years home opener cuz "the play was there" if they hit it.. o yea, we lost with time running out. man what a weird coincidence that other teams have JUST enough time at the end of every game for some reason. this douchbag is always saying they wanna give Lynch the ball 22-28 times a game yet hes only been in that total 2 times over the whole year. i really believe the average fan calling the plays would have had this team at 9-5 or even 10-4. dickie is a "special" little guy that can find a way to lose like no other.. now i cant wait til its his job he finds a way to lose at the end of the year!

I agree that Jauron is a stand up guy. Also, imo...this was not a high risk play. We've seen other teams run this play a million times. It's almost like a run. Just roll right (and he was even rolling AWAY from the pressure) and flip it off to the RB. The poster is correct that we don't have a QB. I mean JP could not execute a simple play and/or throw it away when it was not there. If we even had a Jake Delhomme or a Pennington...this would be a 10 win team. They hung right in there with a good Jets team. This team just needs a good QB and some tweaking and health on D. I used to think JP would be a capable backup on another team but I've now seen enough to realize he may not even be in the league anymore. He's a loser and brings a loser mentality to any team. No one is going to want him.

I was at the game yesterday and really didn't have a problem with that play at the time. What I had a problem with was when the play was busted, JP has GOT to either throw the ball away or tuck it in and fall down. His only responsibility there is to not lose the ball and run the clock. We had the lead, why was he trying to save the world?

In my book this is on JP not dick, and I'm a Jauron basher.

And can someone tell me why all of our receivers where standing there watching a Jet catch the ball on the Hail Mary...nice effort.

I was at the game yesterday and really didn't have a problem with that play at the time. What I had a problem with was when the play was busted, JP has GOT to either throw the ball away or tuck it in and fall down. His only responsibility there is to not lose the ball and run the clock. We had the lead, why was he trying to save the world?

In my book this is on JP not dick, and I'm a Jauron basher.

In my book, everyone is at fault.

The play-call wasn't a horrible one, but it also wasn't necessary. So what if the entire state of New Jersey knew you were going to run? The Jets weren't stopping it. I don't care about the 2:00 warning coming after the play...keep doing what has been successful and don't put the game in the hands of your backup QB.

For a QB that's in his 5th season, he should know better. Once the play isn't there, throw it at Fireman Ed's head or hang on to the ball with superglue. He did the only possible thing that the Bills couldn't have afforded - fumble the ball.

Who to blame?

JP - Could not make a short pass. Always throwing way to high. Also, four turnovers in the 4th. Great highlight reel JP.

Jauron and OC - Ridiculous play calling. I do not remember one pass being down field for more than 15 yards. Normally when you run the ball very well, and we did. That call open up the passing game a bit. We just never went there.

My opinion is that all three need to go. Next two games start Hamden.