Hardy

Mopreme

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And which one of these scenarios is the more likely one?

For us ... one that ends up with a combination of ;), :), and ;) . That's the normal result these last few years, no? But when you typed those three names, I actually let myself imagine the possibilities for a second.

It was nice.

For us ... one that ends up with a combination of ;), :), and ;) . That's the normal result these last few years, no? But when you typed those three names, I actually let myself imagine the possibilities for a second.

It was nice.

I remember there was a team once that had Bruce Smith, Fred Smerlas, Art Still, Cornelius Bennett, Shane Conlan & Darryl Talley on the roster at the same time.

I also remember there was a day when teams couldn't wait for any Bills' LB to become a FA ....

Does it really matter? The guy did nothing all year and has bust written all over him. 7th round pick Johnson has been more productive.

Hahahahahaha! Some people on here crack me up! A player plays in a very select few games in his ROOKIE season, when Rookie WR's dont do anything to begin with...and you are calling him a "BUST?" HAHAHA!

Just a couple weeks ago, everybody on here was saying Leodis McKelvin was a "Bust!" He WILL be a Pro-Bowler.

For a player to be considered a "BUST," he must be given QUALITY time to improve, hone his skills and adapt to the NFL game. When I speak of time, I dont mean training camp and a couple games...how about like 3-5 years? If after 3 years the player has not gotten better and become a starter, and after 5 years if they are nothing and out of the league (ala Mike Williams...the lineman and the receiver), then YES, that player can be considered a "BUST."

Even Donte Whitner has been called a "Bust." I have heard on here that POZ is nothing. It is ALL absurd. Look at this team and what these young players, whom you consider NO GOOD, have in front of them and around them. Maybe Whitner is not suited to play SS in the NFL, move him to FS and he might become the game-changer we long for. Better yet, produce a !@#$in pass-rush to force the QB to make quick decisions...and I bet Whitner would be a TOTALLY DIFFERENT player in the secondary. Chris Hope...Pro-Bowler? I would rather have Donte Whitner.

If you get married, and your wife cooks her first homecooked meal badly and shrinks your favorite shirt...is she a "Bust?" Should you have gotten someone else...is your marriage ruined?

EVERYTHING takes time...especially for ROOKIE football players to develope!

Hahahahahaha! Some people on here crack me up! A player plays in a very select few games in his ROOKIE season, when Rookie WR's dont do anything to begin with...and you are calling him a "BUST?" HAHAHA!

Just a couple weeks ago, everybody on here was saying Leodis McKelvin was a "Bust!" He WILL be a Pro-Bowler.

For a player to be considered a "BUST," he must be given QUALITY time to improve, hone his skills and adapt to the NFL game. When I speak of time, I dont mean training camp and a couple games...how about like 3-5 years? If after 3 years the player has not gotten better and become a starter, and after 5 years if they are nothing and out of the league (ala Mike Williams...the lineman and the receiver), then YES, that player can be considered a "BUST."

Even Donte Whitner has been called a "Bust." I have heard on here that POZ is nothing. It is ALL absurd. Look at this team and what these young players, whom you consider NO GOOD, have in front of them and around them. Maybe Whitner is not suited to play SS in the NFL, move him to FS and he might become the game-changer we long for. Better yet, produce a !@#$in pass-rush to force the QB to make quick decisions...and I bet Whitner would be a TOTALLY DIFFERENT player in the secondary. Chris Hope...Pro-Bowler? I would rather have Donte Whitner.

If you get married, and your wife cooks her first homecooked meal badly and shrinks your favorite shirt...is she a "Bust?" Should you have gotten someone else...is your marriage ruined?

EVERYTHING takes time...especially for ROOKIE football players to develope!

Many of these same folks were blasting Josh Reed not too long ago.

Many of these same folks were blasting Josh Reed not too long ago.

REALLY? The same Josh Reed that caught, what, 9 balls this Sunday against Champ Bailey and Dre Bly??? NO WAY!

And they call themselves "Bills" fans. Ha, what a joke! They are probably the same !@#$s who were throwing sh-- at our players as they left the field that one game. Absolutely pathetic.

Either stand by your team and support your players...or find another team to disgrace!

In all fairness, he was blasted for regressing from a very good rookie campaign.

That was the start of it. But, in the following years, even after the dropsies subsided, many here had him cut in camp, labeled him less than NFL-quality, etc.

My point being that many here are quick to write off players, with little-to-no contextual evaluation.

Objectively evaluating a players or team's performance does not equate to being un-supportive of said players/team.

Correct. And, neither does hastily criticizing players before they've had a proper chance to display their abilities. Labeling a rookie WR a bust, is stupid under any circumstances.

With that said, I have real concerns about Hardy and don't have a great feeling about him. But, it is far too early to know for sure, what he will become.

I can't believe i saw people write "who cares"

Let me direct you to some Bills recievers facts:

Eric Moulds first two seasons:

1996 : 20 rec. for 279 2 TDS

1997 : 29 rec. for 294 0 TDs

Andre Reed:

it took Andre Reed till his 5th season (1989) to record his 1st 1,000 yard season

Lee Evans:

it took him till his third season to have a 1000 yard season

3rd season till he broke 50 receptions

I know you can start an argument about any of those recievers but i have one simple point.......

patience my friend

hope his injury is not serious

Good points. I recall Moulds almost being run out of town (by media and fans after his first 2 seasons).

Last I read, Hardy tore his ACL. I know from personal experience (I tore mine 10 years ago) it takes a good year to fully rehab it.

Recall when Jamal Lewis and Edge James tore theirs, they each weren't back to 100% until their 2nd seasons after their injuries (I think).

How much work did either Hardy or Johnson get this year in either practices or games? Not a whole lot would be my guess. Hopefully, both will improve in time. Remember Ricky Dudley who was a basketball player converted to tight end? His results were mixed mostly because he dropped too many passes but it took him a while to pick up on many of the skills considered basic to a receiver such as route running. It takes time and patience to excel at any NFL position for most players.

Good look in your recovery James Hardy, I hope you heal up 100%. And Merry Christmas.

For us ... one that ends up with a combination of :), :beer:, and ;) . That's the normal result these last few years, no? But when you typed those three names, I actually let myself imagine the possibilities for a second.

It was nice.

Aww...you are getting greedy. I'll settle for 2/3...what do you think of a DL that goes like this...

Peppers

Stroud

Haynesworth

Schobel

with LBs

Mitchell

Poz

Karlos Dansby

and the secondary

McGee

Whitner

Scott

McKelvin

Damn, on a second look, thats nice...real nice.