The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

YES!

Question: Did you actually watch the game? Cause if you did, you would know that JP was AWFUL in this game. He was throwing 3 feet high to wide open guys ten yards away from him. Putting the ball in his hands unnecessarily with the game on the line was a BAD, BAD call.

If you had a top flight QB and/or a terrible running game? Maybe. But you have a RB who is KILLING a tired defense for more than six yards per carry and you have a completely inept QB. Understanding your personnel is part of the 'context of the game'.

A coach can't think that way... You are there to do a job and especailly a QB... Follow the orders and get it done anyway possible... AND DON'T LOSE the ball.

Every ounce of trust must be given to your men to carry out the task... And no play should be off limits because of soomeone's past performance... And if that is the case, they don't belong on the team and especailly not leading.

The order was called and that's that. If I was DJ... I would have looked him squarely in the eye and ask: "Can you do it?" "Well then, get the hell out there and DO IT."

Nobody has answered what was up with the Bills calling time out at 2:06? Man was that a morale booster for the Jets!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or hand it to the sure handed RB, who has bashed through the middle of the line for repeated 4+ yard gains. Rolling out works against the momentum they had with the offensive line driving the D-line backward.

Lynch averaged 6 yards a carry today. Losman averaged 4 yards per attempt. Only a moron would argue that passing in this situation was the right play.

To take it a step further, after 14 games this team lacks an offensive identity. You would think that with two bruising runners, and a huge offensive line, this should be a running team.

Yet every opportunity that this team has a chance to establish that power game mentality, inside the five, on third and short, protecting a lead, this coaching staff has put the game in the hands of their inexperienced and incompetent quarterbacks.

Letting Lynch and the offensive line close out that game would have been huge for Lynch, especially since he took the blame for the Miami disaster.

This has to be the biggest failure of the coaching staff, the inability to develop a strength in the offense and develop it throughout the season, and the failure in recognizing who the true leaders are on this team and rewarding them.

A coach can't think that way... You are there to do a job and especailly a QB... Follow the orders and get it done anyway possible... AND DON'T LOSE the ball.

Every ounce of trust must be given to your men to carry out the task... And no play should be off limits because of soomeone's past performance... And if that is the case, they don't belong on the team and especailly not leading.

The order was called and that's that. If I was DJ... I would have looked him squarely in the eye and ask: "Can you do it?" "Well then, get the hell out there and DO IT."

Nobody has answered what was up with the Bills calling time out at 2:06? Man was that a morale booster for the Jets!

The Jets called that time out.

Lynch averaged 6 yards a carry today. Losman averaged 4 yards per attempt. Only a moron would argue that passing in this situation was the right play.

To take it a step further, after 14 games this team lacks an offensive identity. You would think that with two bruising runners, and a huge offensive line, this should be a running team.

Yet every opportunity that this team has a chance to establish that power game mentality, inside the five, on third and short, protecting a lead, this coaching staff has put the game in the hands of their inexperienced and incompetent quarterbacks.

Letting Lynch and the offensive line close out that game would have been huge for Lynch, especially since he took the blame for the Miami disaster.

This has to be the biggest failure of the coaching staff, the inability to develop a strength in the offense and develop it throughout the season, and the failure in recognizing who the true leaders are on this team and rewarding them.

Right before the play, the announcer comments that the Jets were stacked against the run. A run would have been fruitless, in this scenario. Yes, Lynch averaged 6 yards a carry and broke a few big ones, but he had a few clunkers in there also. A run on that play would have been a clunker.

The PA at least had a chance for the first down- all it took was EXECUTION.

To take it a step further, after 14 games 3 years this team lacks an offensive identity. You would think that with two bruising runners, and a huge offensive line, this should be a running team.

Perhaps the greatest problem on the team, right there. I agree with you completely. We finally just line up and blow guys off the line and have a good run game. So, they abandon that the first chance they get. Not a singly pass attempt more than 15 yards past the LOS. Horrible.

Or hand it to the sure handed RB, who has bashed through the middle of the line for repeated 4+ yard gains. Rolling out works against the momentum they had with the offensive line driving the D-line backward.

Nope. A rollout should take more than 6 seconds off the clock and take you under the 2... I agree with Big Cat...

I knew the Bills were done when THEY had to take a timeout before the 2... <_<

We just agree to disagree I guess.

How come Jauron couldn't make that same request of Lynch. Who's the real leader on that offense, Lynch or Losman?

Losman is a whiney B word. Lynch took the blame against Miami when he didn't have to. Lynch and Jackson are the leaders on the offense, and Jauron and Schonert continually play away from them.

You don't become a power running team by taking the ball out of your bruising RBs' hands in key situations.

Losman is nothing more than a cog for this team. His job is not to make mistakes. He's not the guy you trust in the clutch because he has failed there too many times before. It should be Lynch's job to win the game.

Only idiots like Jauron and Schonert don't realize this.

You need to rewatch the play. Run or pass, Elam would have been in the backfield for the stop. He runs RIGHT BY Peters.

So what,and on third down they run again...even if they get no gain they can still punt the ball away with less then a minute to go the Jets get the ball on their 45 and would need A FG to tie and a TD to win.

Throwing the ball when you need to run out the clock is simply moronic.

So what,and on third down they run again...even if they get no gain they can still punt the ball away with less then a minute to go the Jets get the ball on their 45 and would need A FG to tie and a TD to win.

Throwing the ball when you need to run out the clock is simply moronic.

Yeah and if that's the case then I'm stuck trying to quell all the anti-Jauron shills who came here to piss and moan about him coaching "not-to-lose."

C'mon. Give Favre a chance to get the three points he needs to force OT at home? You don't see the chaos THAT would have caused around here?

You need to rewatch the play. Run or pass, Elam would have been in the backfield for the stop. He runs RIGHT BY Peters.

The blocking for a run and a rollout is completely different.

Right before the play, the announcer comments that the Jets were stacked against the run. A run would have been fruitless, in this scenario. Yes, Lynch averaged 6 yards a carry and broke a few big ones, but he had a few clunkers in there also. A run on that play would have been a clunker.

So the Jets weren't stacked against the run the previous nine runs when the Bills average 6 yards a carry?

Sure they were stacked, but the Bills were in Joe-Gibbs and Bill-Parcells nirvana, having run down the Jets defense through the fourth quarter.

This is what running teams do, wear out the defense so it doesn't matter if the defense is stacked or not.

I know this, I'd rather trust Lynch or Jackson with their 2nd-effort running against a tired, stack defensive line than Losman on ANY type of pass play in that situation.

I believe that with the way that Lynch played, he deserved the opportunity to run the ball on SECOND and five. (It's not like they were running on a passing down.)

Bottom line, stupid play call by a stupid coaching staff. It's amazing how much time people waste defending poor players (Losman the last four years) and poor coaches.

Well, then for the record, you'll say you would have been fine with watching the RB run head on into the wall of 10 defenders standing within 3 yards of the LOS?

This is one reason I did not think the call was idiotic, though neither would a run call have been.

One concrete advantage of the rollout call is that, if you get the first down here, you have that many more plays in which to run out the clock, giving the Jets no time to score even if they get the ball back.

Well, then for the record, you'll say you would have been fine with watching the RB run head on into the wall of 10 defenders standing within 3 yards of the LOS?

3-4 yards minimum. The D had been stacked against the run for several plays. If you NEED to rollout, run a sweep with Lynch or Jackson, but that still works against the weakness of the D, at the time. A pass is simply stupid, and your RBs are better at running than the QB.

NO EXCUSE for that call, IMO. Wrong on every level.

In that particular situation the primary objective is holding on to the ball!!! The secondary objective is to run the clock!!! The third objective is to make a first down.

It was SECOND DOWN and FIVE. you never throw the ball when you have 2 downs to make a first down and want to run out the clock, even if both fail you can still punt it away..

A coach can't think that way... ... And no play should be off limits because of soomeone's past performance...

Huh? A coach can't think "my QB is terrible but the other guys can't stop my rushing attack"? <_<

And if that is the case, they don't belong on the team and especailly not leading.

And by the time we got to the 4Q today, was there anyone left who thought that JP still belonged on this team, or in the NFL?

If this was anyone but you, I'd presume this was a goof.