Jauron's extension

Stussy109

The only way to sell the team if they keep Jauron is by fixing what Ralph said is the problem: talent, or lack thereof. I think there would be a lot of excitement if they added a couple guys in the vein of Peppers, Suggs, Dansby, and maybe a QB like Warner (assuming he's not re-signed).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Russ Brandon makes, but it's not enough if he has to market this team with DJ as HC next season.

C2C is another PR scheme designed to make fans think the Bills are spending what other teams are. That's false, in that the only thing that matters is the salary cap itself. The cap hit is the only dollar amount that counts in the salary cap. Buffalo actually has 20-22M in the cap this season.

Now, i'm no fan of Jauron and want him gone but your theory is a myth. Bills Team payroll for 2008 is 16th out of 32 teams. A lot more successful franchises spent less. Talent evaluation, drafting and football philosophy are more important than $ spent. Many teams overpay for average talent (ie Bills) and that is why they struggle. They also make poor draft picks when superior players are available. Examples: Mike Williams over Ed Reed, Lee Evans over Tommie Harris, Donte Whitner over Haloti Ngata the list is endless. The Bills don't know what they are or what they want to be. There is no rhyme or reason for team building in their draft approach. Just plugging holes instead of building a solid core that will excel at SOMETHING.

If Schefter's report is correct then Jauron will be the coach in 2009 even if the Bills drop their remaining games because Ralph is waaaay to cheap to eat a 3 year deal. They will probably restructure their coaching staff and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills can DC Perry Fewell and hire Lions coach Rod Marinelli as their new def coordinator...he knows the stupid Tampa 2 scheme that we run and would be an improvement over Fewell.

If it were up to me I'd blow the whole thing up and ditch our defensive scheme altogether.

This is the Paul Snyder/John Y. Brown approach to running a Buffalo franchise.

Has nothing to do with Cash to the cap. cash to the cap is a good idea. the signing bonuses aren't backloaded, therefore it allows us to cut players with little cap hit. Cap hits are usually bonuses paid out over a period of time. Cash to the cap takes care of that.

Has nothing to do with Toronto, just a different philosophy to manage the cap.

Signing bonuses have never been backloaded.

When the Bills first hired Jauron I thought OK lets see what he can do. His coaching philosophy in Chicago was power running game and stout defense and that seemed like a better Idea then what Mularky did in trying to get a raw QB to win games.

Man was I wrong, same crap different year. The Bills seem to just ignore the running game and only dabble in it to set up the pass. Which seems so retarded because the running backs on this team are way better then the QB's,at least in my view.

Ahh well another 3 years of Buffalo Bills mediocrity 9-7, 8-8 , 7-9 what does it matter. This team will never see another dollar of my money as long as the owner keeps playing scrooge with the coaching staff.

Three more years of Dick Jauron and Turk "shotgun" Schonert :worthy:

I don't need another 3 minute of this garbage...It's bad enough We have to watch another 3 Games of Dick-Ball...

If He's back I cancel My Sunday Ticket w/HD next Year...Save a bit of cash and, unlike Ralph, spend it on something that is proven to work successfully...

More of Dead Dick means no more Bills on Sunday for Me...I'll still root for them...I'll hope they can Win every Game...But I'm not going through watching this crap another Year...I'll be on the Golf Course... :worthy:

You know, I mentioned something similar to the wife the other day...I'm starting to think that I'd rather pay for ESPN's Gameplan and get more college games for 1/2 the price of the Sunday Ticket than watch Dick-less football for 2-3 more years. Needless to say the wife was rather surprised that I've gotten to this point, but I'm so disgusted watching these guys most weeks that I'm finding it harder and harder to justify paying for the Sunday Ticket plan...

There are certainly going to be rebuttals to your Cash to Cap thoughts but the truth is that over time they save the team money on salaries which I certainly believe ends up in Ralph's pocket.

Ralph was laughing last week because he knows until us fans stop watching/paying for tickets/memorabilia he still makes bank.

All of the woodchucks here that lambaste fans for jumping ship are in a way responsible for this shitt product that is put on the field year in and year out. Stop spending money and I guarantee Ralph/any owner will change their tune.

That FedEx commercial with the lemming comes to mind here.

Now, i'm no fan of Jauron and want him gone but your theory is a myth. Bills Team payroll for 2008 is 16th out of 32 teams. A lot more successful franchises spent less. Talent evaluation, drafting and football philosophy are more important than $ spent. Many teams overpay for average talent (ie Bills) and that is why they struggle. They also make poor draft picks when superior players are available. Examples: Mike Williams over Ed Reed, Lee Evans over Tommie Harris, Donte Whitner over Haloti Ngata the list is endless. The Bills don't know what they are or what they want to be. There is no rhyme or reason for team building in their draft approach. Just plugging holes instead of building a solid core that will excel at SOMETHING.

Unless you have a link, I'm not taking you at your word.

Cap Figures 3/26/08

The Bills have cap space, and while this link is an estimate, I believe it's fairly obvious that Buffalo is not middle of the pack in cap dollars.

And spare us the examples of misses in the draft. That's a yearly thing with this franchise, regardless of whether it's TD, Marv, Brandon, Ralphie, or whomever running this franchise. They're all incompetent.

You know, I mentioned something similar to the wife the other day...I'm starting to think that I'd rather pay for ESPN's Gameplan and get more college games for 1/2 the price of the Sunday Ticket than watch Dick-less football for 2-3 more years. Needless to say the wife was rather surprised that I've gotten to this point, but I'm so disgusted watching these guys most weeks that I'm finding it harder and harder to justify paying for the Sunday Ticket plan...

Welcome to the club. This is the first year I haven't had Sunday Ticket since 1998. I've found that I haven't missed it whatsoever, because its the same problems, the same bullsh** every single year.

Welcome to the club. This is the first year I haven't had Sunday Ticket since 1998. I've found that I haven't missed it whatsoever, because its the same problems, the same bullsh** every single year.

Lucky sh--. I tried to cancel but they wouldn't let me. Wasted an extra $100 on the Superfan, this time, too.

I hear ya. I live just outside Cleveland, so I can watch crappy football on Sundays for free.

I'm looking forward to having my Sundays off for the next three years. I'm still a Bills fan, but I'm not watching this franchise get driven into the ground because of this idiot coaching staff.

Meanwhile Mike Smith has taken the Atlanta Falcons to one game back of the NFC South and Tony Sparano has the Dolphins in first in the AFC East.

I don't need another 3 minute of this garbage...It's bad enough We have to watch another 3 Games of Dick-Ball...

If He's back I cancel My Sunday Ticket w/HD next Year...Save a bit of cash and, unlike Ralph, spend it on something that is proven to work successfully...

More of Dead Dick means no more Bills on Sunday for Me...I'll still root for them...I'll hope they can Win every Game...But I'm not going through watching this crap another Year...I'll be on the Golf Course... :angry:

I just cancelled mine. And what kills me is that the players love the guy.