JP

nuklz2594

What are the chances that JP has played his last football games in the NFL? Who would seriously want him? I know David Carr is still the league, he sucks.

I dont belive JP is as bad as many wnat to pint him to be. JP has been incositne as of late Ill agree to that but so has his starting. JP showed me in 2006 that he has the ability to be a good starting QB for a team that knows how to use his offensive style and abilities. There have been plant y of QBs inthe history of the NFL that were shown by the team they were on to be inept and best at the third QB position but for some of those QBS 2 or three teams later they were a great player for the team they were on. OUR fan base is totally biased because we compare every QB to Jim Kelly and thats wrong for us to do. I honestly feel and flame me all you want JP is going to be the QB in a couple of years that we are going to be saying MAN why did we let him go???? Hes better than RJ, his arm is equivelant to Drew Bledsoe and his stlye is comparable to Bret Farve. The right offensive system might not make him Bret Farve but he would definatley be a top 10 QB.

I know you hate stats and not to turn this into an edwards vs Jp thread but I just wanted to pint out the JP on a Weaker team than the Edwards driven one in his full season campaign was :

#11 rated passer in the NFL

#13 in Passing YDs

#9 in Completion percentage

Tied for 11th in TDS thrown

#21 in ints

# 15 in Completions- I would like to add that the top 10 had over 100 attemps more

# 18 in attempts- I would like to add the top 10 had 100 attempts more

he aslo had 2 4th qtr comebacks

He was Healthy For the Whole season

His passing effencies has improved yes he takes too many sacks as most gunslingers tend to do becuase the are looking for the big play. My personal preferenc is JP over Edwards but Like a true Bills fan I support whomeever the coaches put in the game. BEcause no matter which one of these QBS are in their the team is soo bad the results are the same. :wallbash:

So to answere your question his chances hes played his last game is 10%

What are the chances that JP has played his last football games in the NFL?

Well, baring any injury today, ZERO, as he is scheduled to start tomorrow.

He will be with a team, next year, and I would bet on the fact that he starts again (even if due to an injury to a team's #1 QB), sometime, in the NFL.

Well, baring any injury today, ZERO, as he is scheduled to start tomorrow.

He will be with a team, next year, and I would bet on the fact that he starts again (even if due to an injury to a team's #1 QB), sometime, in the NFL.

Ironically, his best chance to start next year may be backing up Trent again. He's almost guaranteed to get some starts.

They are two completely different QBs. Why not get a veteran who would work in the same system as Trent? Pennington would have been perfect.

True. But, I wasn't thinking in terms of what the Bills should do, but what should JP do, if he wants to start. We all know that whomever is the backup next year is more than likely going to start 3-4 games.

They are two completely different QBs. Why not get a veteran who would work in the same system as Trent? Pennington would have been perfect.

Agreed. JP is the wrong guy for the Bills #2, in the long run.

Had the Bills gone after Pennington, I assume Chad would have been the starter, and Edwards the young apprentice. While I still have hopes that Trent will be a good NFL QB, some day, right now Pennington is light-years ahead of him, and is a much better NFL QB.

Spot on - where would Tennessee be if they did not have Collins? Trent would both benefit and feel some pressure to perform if he had an experienced back up. I can not imagine that JP will be in a Buffalo uniform next year. If he is it would be a stupid mistake for him and the team.

in all seriousness I really will be a little surprised if JP is on an NFL roster next year. What team would sign a veteran who they know is junk instead of a rookie or 2nd year guy that might not turn out to be? Even guys like Leftwich barely found a job, and he's a lot better than Losman. The only team that comes to mind that wouldn't terribly surprise is the Raiders. They love big armed, athletic quarterbacks that don't know what they're doing - see Aaron Brooks, Daunte Culpepper, Jamarcus Russell and Andrew Walter.

I dont belive JP is as bad as many wnat to pint him to be. JP has been incositne as of late Ill agree to that but so has his starting. JP showed me in 2006 that he has the ability to be a good starting QB for a team that knows how to use his offensive style and abilities. There have been plant y of QBs inthe history of the NFL that were shown by the team they were on to be inept and best at the third QB position but for some of those QBS 2 or three teams later they were a great player for the team they were on. OUR fan base is totally biased because we compare every QB to Jim Kelly and thats wrong for us to do. I honestly feel and flame me all you want JP is going to be the QB in a couple of years that we are going to be saying MAN why did we let him go???? Hes better than RJ, his arm is equivelant to Drew Bledsoe and his stlye is comparable to Bret Farve. The right offensive system might not make him Bret Farve but he would definatley be a top 10 QB.

I know you hate stats and not to turn this into an edwards vs Jp thread but I just wanted to pint out the JP on a Weaker team than the Edwards driven one in his full season campaign was :

#11 rated passer in the NFL

#13 in Passing YDs

#9 in Completion percentage

Tied for 11th in TDS thrown

#21 in ints

# 15 in Completions- I would like to add that the top 10 had over 100 attemps more

# 18 in attempts- I would like to add the top 10 had 100 attempts more

he aslo had 2 4th qtr comebacks

He was Healthy For the Whole season

His passing effencies has improved yes he takes too many sacks as most gunslingers tend to do becuase the are looking for the big play. My personal preferenc is JP over Edwards but Like a true Bills fan I support whomeever the coaches put in the game. BEcause no matter which one of these QBS are in their the team is soo bad the results are the same. :wallbash:

So to answere your question his chances hes played his last game is 10%

I hope someone took your car keys....

Gruden will see his talent and take a chance on him. I am not being a wiseass Brian. Garcia is 90, and Gruden did the same thing wh RJ until he saw for himself how deep his probems were.

in all seriousness I really will be a little surprised if JP is on an NFL roster next year. What team would sign a veteran who they know is junk instead of a rookie or 2nd year guy that might not turn out to be? Even guys like Leftwich barely found a job, and he's a lot better than Losman. The only team that comes to mind that wouldn't terribly surprise is the Raiders. They love big armed, athletic quarterbacks that don't know what they're doing - see Aaron Brooks, Daunte Culpepper, Jamarcus Russell and Andrew Walter.

I can't believe you forgot Jeff George :wallbash:

Gruden will see his talent and take a chance on him. I am not being a wiseass Brian. Garcia is 90, and Gruden did the same thing wh RJ until he saw for himself how deep his probems were.

The problem is JP can't do west coast offenses. Chris Brown even said as much in his blog about where JP might end up next year.

Perhaps, but as has been noted the West Coast offense isn't exactly suited to JP.

The ideal place for him, is Denver, backing up Cutler. Shanny would be the perfect coach for him, and he plays in the same style as Jay.