What we all want !!

thewildrabbit

Sundays game should be cold 30 degrees and windy 40 mph,that said it should favor running the ball rather then throwing it. Will Turk "shotgun' Schonert continue to try and force the back up QB to win the game or will he grow a brain and focus on building a running attack?

What we want to see...The Bills run the ball 35+ times Lynch 20+ carries, Jackson 15+ carries, I know I do!

The Bills steal some plays from the Ravens and go with an "unbalanced" line, meaning they have 3 tackles on one side of the line,Peters,Chambers and Walker and run right at Kris Jenkins until he is sucking air so hard he passes out!

------------------------------- TE T T T C G TE TE ---WR----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------FB--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------RB-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only throwing the ball using play action plays and only in third and long situations <_<

Schonert needs to start calling more miss-direction plays and less draws and delayed plays. Fake screens,end around's using Josh Reed / Lee Evans as the RB. Utilize the "wildcat" and alternate Fred Jackson and Marsharn Lynch as the player behind center and vary the plays from running right,left cutback ect.Use slight counter running plays so the backs can make use of cutting back more often.Alternate Fred Jackson at the fullback position so the Jets don't know which back will get the ball!

Just...freaking...run...the...ball...down...the....Jets...throats!

Don't let Farve see the Ball!

I HONESTLY had more interest in the Bills 3rd pre-season game than I do this one. This team has officially lost me for the season and probably longer if they don't straighten out this organization as a whole......

Keep up the good work and scrappy play of late Sabres!!! You have my $$ if you do!!

I HONESTLY had more interest in the Bills 3rd pre-season game than I do this one. This team has officially lost me for the season and probably longer if they don't straighten out this organization as a whole......

Keep up the good work and scrappy play of late Sabres!!! You have my $$ if you do!!

I've transferred most, but not all of my attention from the Bills over to my Orlando Magic.

They are 17-5, on top of their division, and have the best center in the NBA in Dwight Howard. Its nice to have at least one team that went out and spent money to field a consistent playoff team with the possibility of Championship runs in the near future. Hey, there even building a brand new Arena that is set to open in a year and a half. At least the future is bright for one of my teams.

I also think with Marshawn coming out and accepting blame for the run games short comings is a way to fire up the o-line and the coaching staff. The entire team and fan base knows exactly why the run game has been pretty shoddy lately and it is the coaching staff.

Sundays game should be cold 30 degrees and windy 40 mph,that said it should favor running the ball rather then throwing it. Will Turk "shotgun' Schonert continue to try and force the back up QB to win the game or will he grow a brain and focus on building a running attack?

What we want to see...The Bills run the ball 35+ times Lynch 20+ carries, Jackson 15+ carries, I know I do!

The Bills steal a some plays from the Ravens and go with an "unbalanced" line, meaning they have 3 tackles on one side of the line,Peters,Chambers and Walker and run right at Kris Jenkins until he is sucking air so hard he passes out!

------------------------------- TE T T T C G TE TE ---WR----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------FB--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------RB-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only throwing the ball using play action plays and only in third and long situations <_<

Schonert needs to start calling more miss-direction plays and less draws and delayed plays. Fake screens,end around's using Josh Reed / Lee Evans as the RB. Utilize the "wildcat" and alternate Fred Jackson and Marsharn Lynch as the player behind center and vary the plays from running right,left cutback ect.Use slight counter running plays so the backs can make use of cutting back more often.Alternate Fred Jackson at the fullback position so the Jets don't know which back will get the ball!

The Bills steal a some plays from the Ravens and go with an "unbalanced" line, meaning they have 3 tackles on one side of the line,Peters,Chambers and Walker and run right at Kris Jenkins until he is sucking air so hard he passes out!

Try 45 degress with 11 mph winds...

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/US...mp;from=weekend

As much as you want to run the ball on every play, the Jets are 31st against the pass...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

What you've suggested is too drastic. Passing the ball to Lynch, Jackson, Evans and even Hardy, yes Hardy (season's over can we get give him more than one throw a game please), should be at least as important as running the ball. A 50-50 run/pass balanced attacked with good play from d and special teams should be the gameplan.

Try 45 degress with 11 mph winds...

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/US...mp;from=weekend

As much as you want to run the ball on every play, the Jets are 31st against the pass...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

What you've suggested is too drastic. Passing the ball to Lynch, Jackson, Evans and even Hardy, yes Hardy (season's over can we get give him more than one throw a game please), should be at least as important as running the ball. A 50-50 run/pass balanced attacked with good play from d and special teams should be the gameplan.

While I agree it is drastic, it is also what this offense needs at this point in time. JP has shown he is playing with very little confidence the last few games and taking the pressure from him and putting on the running backs is just what the team needs.

Seriously,wouldn't you rather see Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson with the ball in their hands trying to make a play then in JP's hands trying to make a play?

I had infinitely more interest in the 3rd preseason game. I actually watched all the preseason games this year for the first time (because it was the first year I knew about that website with the live feeds and I have NFL network), I was sure this was gonna be the year we were gonna go back to the playoffs and the 5-1 start just got my hopes up even more. But I've learned my lesson, I'm not devoting my full attention to this team again until late september '09 when JJ putz and K-rod get injured in the same game, a 1-0 10 inning loss to the nationals that puts us 1 loss behind the phillies for the division lead. :wallbash:

While I agree it is drastic, it is also what this offense needs at this point in time. JP has shown he is playing with very little confidence the last few games and taking the pressure from him and putting on the running backs is just what the team needs.

Seriously,wouldn't you rather see Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson with the ball in their hands trying to make a play then in JP's hands trying to make a play?

If we get down to 1st and goal to go then I want them to see them run the ball every time and even go for it on 4th down and run it again. I'd put Stroud in at fullback and tell Marshawn to follow his fat ass into the endzone.

Otherwise I want to see them have some fun out there. I want to see a deep bomb to Hardy, a flee flicker, I want to see a half back option pass with Marshawn. I want to see all of that and see Marshawn get the ball twenty times in the running game. The season is over and it's time to take a deep breath, relax, let it all hang out and go ruin the Jets season.

If we get down to 1st and goal to go then I want them to see them run the ball every time and even go for it on 4th down and run it again. I'd put Stroud in at fullback and tell Marshawn to follow his fat ass into the endzone.

Otherwise I want to see them have some fun out there. I want to see a deep bomb to Hardy, a flee flicker, I want to see a half back option pass with Marshawn. I want to see all of that and see Marshawn get the ball twenty times in the running game. The season is over and it's time to take a deep breath, relax, let it all hang out and go ruin the Jets season.

Very few teams can impose their will on a defense like that. Occasionally, a team does it and just gets lucky. However, most teams rely on deception inside the 5. Play action, the TE releasing into the end zone, the pitch out, QB draws, etc. are all plays that work very well when properly disguised through player alignments, play selection, and avoiding tendencies. These later ideas are where the Bills fail miserably time and time again.

I want to see a WIN!

I think what you're proposing is too drastic too. I'd like to see more of a 50-50 type split with a lot of running off tackle and sweeps as opposed to "up the gut" everytime we run. Also running out of the shotgun with Fred and ML back there. I also want to see JP throw at least 5 bombs. It's what he's good at why not take advantage on it before he leaves on the next thing smokin' once the season's over. If he comes out and lays an egg, put Hamdan in. I still think he's the best QB we got right now.

Jets have a good OLine but a bad defense. Let's light 'em up!

I also think with Marshawn coming out and accepting blame for the run games short comings is a way to fire up the o-line and the coaching staff. The entire team and fan base knows exactly why the run game has been pretty shoddy lately and it is the coaching staff.

Marshawn is going to have to put or shut up. I guess we'll see if there is truly a Beast Mode or not. I hope Lynch is one of those players who can put the money where his mouth is.

Isn't the above an illegal formation?

I think he'd need to have 2 more guys off the line of scrimmage.

Maybe:

TE --- T - T - G - C - G - --- --- --- WR

--- TE -------------------- TE

----------------FB--------------------------

----------------RB--------------------------

I think he'd need to have 2 more guys off the line of scrimmage.

Maybe:

TE --- T - T - G - C - G - --- --- --- WR

--- TE -------------------- TE

----------------FB--------------------------

----------------RB--------------------------

The Balitore Ravens ran that "unbalanced" offensive line against the Wasington Redskins. They stated out in normal formation and then shifted to the "unbalanced" line using THREE tackles on one side.

NFL rule book,

Digest of Rules Main

Position of Players at Snap

1. Offensive team must have at least seven players on line.

2. Offensive players, not on line, must be at least one yard back at snap.

(Exception: player who takes snap.)

3. No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.

4. No player of either team may enter neutral zone before snap.

5. No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start.

6. If a player changes his eligibility, the Referee must alert the defensive captain after player has reported to him.

7. All players of offensive team must be stationary at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to scrimmage line or backward (not forward).

8. After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body.

9. Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.

10. Offensive linemen are permitted to interlock legs.

From what I'm reading I have to doubt that the readers here ever watched that Sunday night Raven game against the Redskins.

That last drive of the Ravens was a thing of beauty. I was in total awe of Cam Cameron's offensive genius and that 'unbalanced line' with THREE O line tackles on one side. A fullback in Lorenzo Neal (5'11" 255) blocking for the Jerome Bettis clone in Le'Ron McClain( 6' 0" 260).

80 yard drive and they ran the ball 11 of 12 plays and ate up 8 minutes of the play clock. The Redskins knew they were going to run it and still couldn't stop them :wallbash:

The last play of that drive was a play action pass for a touchdown,needless to say that the Redskins were not ready to handle that Raven Offense. Its no wonder that Joe Flacco is playing so well,with that running game of the Ravens he has no pressure at all on him to win the game by himself.