Who else in the NFL had a colossal Breakdown from 5-1?

Poeticlaw

I found this :

"Minnesota Vikings* (8-7) at Washington Redskins (5-10)

1 p.m.

Last season, the Vikings started the season 6-0 but failed to make the playoffs after losing 7 of their last 10 games. This year has been similar. Minnesota started 5-1 but has lost six of its last nine games and needs a victory this week to make the playoffs. They also could get in with a loss and either a St. Louis or Carolina loss. Minnesota could have won their division with a victory over the Packers last week, but they failed to get it done. "

In 2003 Min started 6-0 and finshed 9-7 missing the playoffs in 2004 they started of 5-1 and finshed 8-8 fortunate enough for them the rest of the NFC sucked and they got into the playoffs or they would have missed them

Has their been anyone else. Becuase just like the Bills The Vikings lost 3 straight SB and the 4th one a year later so I dont like the vikings being the only comparison :wub:

I found this :

"Minnesota Vikings* (8-7) at Washington Redskins (5-10)

1 p.m.

Last season, the Vikings started the season 6-0 but failed to make the playoffs after losing 7 of their last 10 games. This year has been similar. Minnesota started 5-1 but has lost six of its last nine games and needs a victory this week to make the playoffs. They also could get in with a loss and either a St. Louis or Carolina loss. Minnesota could have won their division with a victory over the Packers last week, but they failed to get it done. "

In 2003 Min started 6-0 and finshed 9-7 missing the playoffs in 2004 they started of 5-1 and finshed 8-8 fortunate enough for them the rest of the NFC sucked and they got into the playoffs or they would have missed them

Has their been anyone else. Becuase just like the Bills The Vikings lost 3 straight SB and the 4th one a year later so I dont like the vikings being the only comparison :wub:

Redskins under Norv.

7-1 that ended up 8-8.

Redskins under Norv.

7-1 that ended up 8-8.

The 96 Skins ended up 9-7 (which is a winning season, though disappointing). That was also Turner's 3rd season and just enough of a tease to keep him around Washington for 3+ more seasons until he was fired in the middle of the 2000 season.

The 78 Redskins went from 6-0 to 8-8. Bad, but not a losing record.

The 87 Chargers went from 8-1 to 8-7. Again, bad but not a losing record in the end.

There are other instances of all out collapses, but the Bills collapse (esp. if the lose out) will be right up there were the most spectacular collapses in NFL history. The Chargers, Lions, and Bills. Good company.

Beat THAT Jauron! :wub:

Please do not make that statement. Jauron's got his guys so inspired that they might go out and lay an ofer. As in 0-5 the last five games of the season.

5-1 to potentially 6-10...amazing.

The Bills have a habit of leading you up the mountain and dropping you off. Whether it's 04 and winning 8 of 9 in a row and then losing to Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers or this year starting 5-1 and still missing the playoffs.

Buffalo finds new ways each season to lose games and blow chances at the playoffs.

Heh, I just looked. You'll never guess who one of the Chargers 5 wins was against that year.

http://www.databasefootball.com/boxscores/...=SDG&lg=NFL

Yep...that year they were calling the Chargers the Buffalo Bills of the West because John Butler and AJ Smith took Dougie over along with Marcellus Wiley and a bunch of other bills.

And they beat us by three points i think i recall...also that year i remember the Bengals started out by beating the future SB champ Pats and good Baltimore team to go 2-0 (i think?) and pundits were saying that the Chargers and the Bungles finally got out of the Dark Ages...and then they both fell on their faces the rest of the year.