Ill. Governor arrested on corruption charges

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! It's still breaking news but, if true....this guy and Spitzer can start a club for stupid governors. Why would anyone think they could get away with something like this? Ouch.

But, yes, my first thought was "Chicago politics as usual." Double-ouch.

I see the Conservative elements in the government are, J.E. Hoover like, trying to arrest their political opponets.

Shameful, just shamefull. Reminds me of Nazi Germany

It's obvious this guy didn't do anything wrong, and it's clearly the right just trying to create problems. :blink: :blink: :lol:

I see the Conservative elements in the government are, J.E. Hoover like, trying to arrest their political opponets.

you are kidding, right? I can never tell with you.

Looks like Rahm may have blown the whistle on Blago.

We did receive a tip this morning that perhaps all of this came together so quickly because the Governor may have reached out to Rahm Emanuel, the president-elect’s chief of staff, in attempting to leverage filling the Senate seat. And it may have been Rahm Emanuel who tipped the scale and made this move as quickly as it did.

Gee...I guess you weren't around to see the actions of LBJ and his Atty. General ,Bobby Kennedy. :blink:

History - what a drag!

The Obama camp has shown haste in bringing in Clinton camp members. Smart...they can deflect the Obama past associations.

Politics 101.

For all Obama's associations in IL, he was not too close to Blago. There were other cases which the feds were investigating Blago for and this one tipped the scale. Not only unethical, but quite stupid on his part to try and sell the Senate seat - a high profile appointment with intense public scrutiny and he couldn't hold back his greed ! He thought this is a golden, once in a blue moon opportunity to cash in.

Oops... I forgot innocent until proven guilty. :blink: