Mort reporting on Jauron

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He said Jauron did sign the extension during the Bills 4-0 run to start the season. He also said that when asked about Jauron's future Ralph said, "No comment." Mort said it is "not a good sign."

Did he also report that Ralph said that firing Done a ho' was a big mistake through misty eyes?

I'm starting to think that Mort isn't the bad guy everyone says he is.

I'm starting to think that if Mort says that Jauron got that extension it's only him trying to save his own a$$ since he was the one who leaked that on ESPN in the first place.

This wouldn't make sense. Why would Jauron sign an extension that only takes effect if he gets a huge bargaining chip? People who sign incentive-triggered extensions don't do so right before they reach free-agency.

What bargaining chip would Jauron have even after 4-0? Either he signs an extension with the Bills or he can walk. Does he stike anyone as a guy who would walk or a coach that anyone else would hire? We can only hope that the Bills were shrewd enough to put a conditional deal in front of him since it was early in the season and Jauron had established little or no track record of success.

I am no fan of this coaching staff, but as long as Ralph Wilson is making the decisions, I think there is a better than average chance that Jaurons' successor will fail as well...this team has had 3 good headcoaches in 49 years...unless Ralph is serious about doing what it will take to win, why bother giving Jauron his walking papers...it will be more of the same, only the names will be changed to protect the bottom line...or, maybe Ralph is just trying to get all of us so despondant, we will be begging him to take his team somewhere else, and he can sleep at night, thinking we drove them out of town...what a mess....

What bargaining chip would Jauron have even after 4-0? Either he signs an extension with the Bills or he can walk. Does he stike anyone as a guy who would walk or a coach that anyone else would hire? We can only hope that the Bills were shrewd enough to put a conditional deal in front of him since it was early in the season and Jauron had established little or no track record of success.

He has a 4-0 record. Think of it this way. Say Jauron is making $1 million a year now. He and the Bills know if his contract expires after he leads the Bills to a 13-3 record and a first-round bye, somebody will pay him $3 million. So, the Bills come to him when they're 4-0 (actually, this all happened when they were 5-1) and say, "We'll pay you $2 million now and you don't have to worry about a collapse down the stretch." Tada! That's how you bargain with leverage.

He has a 4-0 record. Think of it this way. Say Jauron is making $1 million a year now. He and the Bills know if his contract expires after he leads the Bills to a 13-3 record and a first-round bye, somebody will pay him $3 million. So, the Bills come to him when they're 4-0 (actually, this all happened when they were 5-1) and say, "We'll pay you $2 million now and you don't have to worry about a collapse down the stretch." Tada! That's how you bargain with leverage.

Great. If they signed to an extension on the cheap, then launching him won't be so painful.

I am no fan of this coaching staff, but as long as Ralph Wilson is making the decisions, I think there is a better than average chance that Jaurons' successor will fail as well...this team has had 3 good headcoaches in 49 years...unless Ralph is serious about doing what it will take to win, why bother giving Jauron his walking papers...it will be more of the same, only the names will be changed to protect the bottom line...or, maybe Ralph is just trying to get all of us so despondant, we will be begging him to take his team somewhere else, and he can sleep at night, thinking we drove them out of town...what a mess....

What are the odds Ralph can find another coach who when asked why are you deferring on winning the coin toss can't give a coherent answer? Pretty hard to do worse if you are choosing coaches blindfolded and throwing darts, I'd say.