Bannan/Jim Leonhard

Hardy Pyle

Nice to see our scrubs making great plays for a top notch defense last night. doh!

Last night someone alluded to the fact that any of us would look spectacular next to Ed Reed. I think that argument goes along way...I mean honestly Leonhard was horrible, and I'd much rather have Whitner playing FS like he did this week than having Leonhard anywhere near our team. He clearly wasn't the answer. I didn't catch Bannan make any plays, but I wasn't watching closely. Again, it's Bannan. Come on, are you saying that we should have kept these guys?

I just found it curious that they were not good enough for the Bills but good enough for a stellar Raven's defense.

Ed Reed is a far better safety than Donte Whitner can ever dream of being.

Last night someone alluded to the fact that any of us would look spectacular next to Ed Reed. I think that argument goes along way...I mean honestly Leonhard was horrible, and I'd much rather have Whitner playing FS like he did this week than having Leonhard anywhere near our team. He clearly wasn't the answer. I didn't catch Bannan make any plays, but I wasn't watching closely. Again, it's Bannan. Come on, are you saying that we should have kept these guys?

Leonhard was nowhere near horrible.

Bannan was extremely underrated and over criticized here in Buffalo. I'd take him in our DL rotation over McCargo and Bryan anyday.

Leonhard was a hard worker, made some good plays and plenty of bad plays. But still it goes to show what a solid supporting cast can do for a roleplayer type

When Ralph Wilson mentions talent being the main issue why we aren't winning. I don't know if that is the case anymore. We see former players who no one believes is starting material yet they are making significant contributions on other teams. However, when they played here in Buffalo they were nothing special just another guy.

I don't think we are going to see a winning franchise until major changes are made both in the Front Office and Coaching Staff. This team looks totally unprepared to play Sundays and are at a competitive disadvantage each and everytime they step on the field.

Uh, yeah he was. He couldn't make a tackle to save his life, and the opposing offense gained an average of 15 yards when a pass was thrown to the receiver he was covering.

That's funny, because he and Whitner have started the same number of games this year, yet Leonhard has more tackles. He also has more tackles than Bryan Scott and Ko Simpson. Leonhard has more tackles than any safety on our roster. I saw Leonhard take down Brandon Jacobs head on, one on one, at the goal line to prevent a touchdown. Anyone who can do that to Jacobs can tackle, and tackle well.

I'm not even going to answer your other comment about yardage, because it has no factual content, which has no validity. Leonard was not on the field to play in the box and make tackles. He was on the field because he was smart in coverage, and knew where everyone was supposed to line up. He had 2 interceptions in the first two games he started last year for us, I believe.

Not to mention that he is beyond valuable on special teams. He can run down the field on coverage and he can also return the ball.

So, I repeat, Leonhard is no where near horrible. You can try arguing that he's not top echelon, not an all-star, or even that he's not a play maker, but he is certainly far from horrible.

I just found it curious that they were not good enough for the Bills but good enough for a stellar Raven's defense.

Bannan looks good because he plays next to Ngata. Even Mccargo would look good next to Ngata. It just shows you what a terrible mistake the bills made on passing on Ngata. This mistake rivals Donahoes boner of letting Pat Williams go.

i liked leonhard. just a good football player. not a superstar, but definitely a guy that helps your team by being on it.

The problem is we already have those type of players in Greer, Kyle Williams....If you put Bannan next to WIlliams and Leonard next to Wilson, this defense will be even worse.