Ease up on Schonert

On the first and goal from the three, one of the articles said that a running play was called and JP audibled to a pass when he saw one on one coverage on Evans. JP confirmed this. I feel that a lot of our offensive problems the last 6 weeks were due to the inability of our QB's to execute the offense. It is an offense designed to get the ball quickly out of the quarterback's hands, forces him to make quick decisions, something JP was never able to do and EDwards stopped doing after the San Diego game.

Schonert's biggest failing has been keeping the same boring three running plays as his predecessor. How can you run up the middle all the time when you don't have a center?

I really feel that if we had Favre or even Pennington for that matter, we'd be with the other teams fighting for a division title.

On the first and goal from the three, one of the articles said that a running play was called and JP audibled to a pass when he saw one on one coverage on Evans. JP confirmed this. I feel that a lot of our offensive problems the last 6 weeks were due to the inability of our QB's to execute the offense. It is an offense designed to get the ball quickly out of the quarterback's hands, forces him to make quick decisions, something JP was never able to do and EDwards stopped doing after the San Diego game.

Schonert's biggest failing has been keeping the same boring three running plays as his predecessor. How can you run up the middle all the time when you don't have a center?

I really feel that if we had Favre or even Pennington for that matter, we'd be with the other teams fighting for a division title.

If he did audible then I stand corrected on my earlier post in another thread about his ability to read a defense. At least he acted on the favorable coverage he saw. JP should have done that several more times during the game though. As for the pass to Evans, pitiful. That great rocket arm is useless on those throws if you can't make them.

GO BILLS!!!

Your actually trying to blame the QB for the play calling?

Turk "shotgun" Schonert who refused to use play action passing plays before the week 11 Cleveland game? This is the same offensive coordinator who called upon#23 once in the fourth QTR of last weeks game after he had owned them the first 3 QTR's running the ball, instead he tried to get the back up QB to win the game...

You could put a helmet on a frog and send it to play and Schonert would try to make it throw out of the shotgun all game long.

no

Also no. The offensive scheme as a whole is total garbage. every team runs the slant on us. I know that retard has seen it on film, yet I think I have seen it executed once, to Royal, who is also a complete bag of sh--. Come on, it can't be that obvious to run the slant pass on occasion to your best receiver.

And someone explain to me why our running plays seem to be the worst designed exchanges in the league? It looks as if they've never learned to take the ball from the QB, and Losman looks like he's never been taught to hand off.

haha! I was doing the spell check on Losman's name, and the last entry you can pick from is "losing" try it, it's fun. When your browser underlines a misspelled word, right click on it. Maybe the TSB board knows something the coaching staff doesn't....

Well we are in second place.The other three teams are tied for first :lol:

Good Coaches adjust to the talent they are given and find a way...I don't disagree with what you are saying...But I think the fact that these Coaches have a system, then ask the Players to execute said system regardless of their talents (or lack thereof), speaks directly to the problems The Bills are having on both sides of the Ball...Did you see Dallas run The Wildcat last Season? Well...That's the system the Miami HC came from...That's the Offensive system he knows...He was an Offensive Coach for The Cowboys...Does The Dolphins Offense look anything like The Cowboys Offense? Of coarse not because their talent on Offense is simply not the same...The Miami Coaches came up with the Wildcat idea because it fit their talent...That's what good Coaches do...The Bills don't have good Coaches...I'm not saying they have great talent either...But they definitely don't have good Coaching... :lol:

Lynch had 13 carries.......nuff said.

Agreed.

Also, on the JP audible: It's not his decision. If Lee has one-on-one coverage he HAS TO MAKE THAT AUDIBLE!

You make it seem like JP sabotaged the great Schonert offense...No. He might have made a poor throw, but that toss shouldn't have been an option. If anything it's really Schonert's fault that Hardy wasn't the one who was lined up for one-on-one coverage so at least even I could toss up a TD! Why did they even get Hardy if they weren't going to abuse his height. All athleticism aside, he is a wide receiver, I'm pretty sure he can catch a toss up.

Well if you add in Jackson's carries, that takes them to....um, wait...13.

Damn.

What was with Jackson yesterday? I really don't want to wade through all of the articles on the front page, bad things man. Were the coaches making a conscious decision to use Marshawn more (even though they didn't) or did they not have a clue that Jackson had zero carries?

What was with Jackson yesterday? I really don't want to wade through all of the articles on the front page, bad things man. Were the coaches making a conscious decision to use Marshawn more (even though they didn't) or did they not have a clue that Jackson had zero carries?

I don't know. No carries, not thrown to (from what I can tell) no touches at all.

Agreed.

Also, on the JP audible: It's not his decision. If Lee has one-on-one coverage he HAS TO MAKE THAT AUDIBLE!

You make it seem like JP sabotaged the great Schonert offense...No. He might have made a poor throw, but that toss shouldn't have been an option. If anything it's really Schonert's fault that Hardy wasn't the one who was lined up for one-on-one coverage so at least even I could toss up a TD! Why did they even get Hardy if they weren't going to abuse his height. All athleticism aside, he is a wide receiver, I'm pretty sure he can catch a toss up.

So it's NOT JP's desicion to audible but if he sees a certain coverage he "HAS TO MAKE THAT AUDIBLE." Do you see a contradiction there?

Ok, maybe Hardy should have been part of the personnel package down there. Agreed.

But the biggest issue with the play is that JP made a CRAP throw. If he puts it where it's supposed to go, Evans makes the play. It's a throw JP and Evans have made before. Just a sh*t pass. Regardless. On the bright side, I'm glad JP recognized the coverage and tried to take advantage of it. He should have audibled several other times as well when he DIDN'T recognize the coverage.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not ready to throw Turk under the bus yet. He makes calls I don't agree with and not running ML in Q4 against the 49ers was just plain dumb. But our QB play is so horrible I don't think we can say he's totally responsible. If we had a QB who could make the throws, yesterdays bad call of the pass to Evans becomes a TD an Turk is a genius. Or if Trent hadn't thrown those 3 picks against Cleveland. The first was batted but the other two were just plain dumb. Turk didn't draw it up like this I'm sure.

This is his first year as OC. He has made adjustments. He got the running game going in the 3 previous games to this. I still say if Trent had played in the games since San Diego the way he did before, we'd be 9-4 at least and Turk would be a genius.

I can see giving him another year. I place more of the blame on Dick and JTrent and JP.

My problem with Schonert is that he is running an offense that we do not have the personnell for. I think that Edwards will be fine and will get better and he will win for us.

My guess is that Schonert did not realize that the receiving corps would not be that good to get the job done. We only have 2 WR's that have been productive, Evans & Reed. Parrish is a decent receiver, but he is not an every down player. Hardy has been a disappointment, I'm not saying he's a bust, it's just that a lot of us thought that he would be an instant impact player this year and that has not happened. I still think Hardy will be productive, but we'll have to wait next year to find out. Ironically our 7th round WR, Steve Johnson, has actually caught on to the program faster than Hardy, still Johnson is a rookie and he does not see as much playing time.

Then there is the mess that is out Tight End position. Royal has really become a turnoff and should be released at season's end. Schouman & Fine both have good potential, yet I wonder if either of them are legitimate starters or are they better off as role players?

Despite all of these question marks, Schonert continues to force the passing game and practically ignore the running game.

I believe that our WR's can be a very good unit with the players they have, but when you do'nt balance the passing game with any kind of running attack, then you just making it difficult for the offense to succeed.

I ask you, how many of you thought that the Bills could win yesterday if Losman just went out there and passed over 30 times?

Not only did Lynch not get much of a chance, but you would'nt have even known if Fred Jackson was in the game. During the 2nd half I had friends of mine asking me if Jackson was hurt.

Schonert's constant relying on Edwards & Losman to win us games, with practically no running game is what has made the offense bad.

I'm not ready to throw Turk under the bus yet. He makes calls I don't agree with and not running ML in Q4 against the 49ers was just plain dumb. But our QB play is so horrible I don't think we can say he's totally responsible. If we had a QB who could make the throws, yesterdays bad call of the pass to Evans becomes a TD an Turk is a genius. Or if Trent hadn't thrown those 3 picks against Cleveland. The first was batted but the other two were just plain dumb. Turk didn't draw it up like this I'm sure.

This is his first year as OC. He has made adjustments. He got the running game going in the 3 previous games to this. I still say if Trent had played in the games since San Diego the way he did before, we'd be 9-4 at least and Turk would be a genius.

I can see giving him another year. I place more of the blame on Dick and JTrent and JP.

Maybe you want to give him another year of the constant shotgun play calling but I don't, the guy is a tool!

Why don't you get it that he has been in the NFL for (20+?)how many years and he still has no clue how to build a successful offense? C'mon he stinks of highest magnitude.He has been on a super bowl team and he obviously has learned nothing from that experience. To me he has gotten worse these last few weeks.

He could have Drew Brees on this team and he would still manage to screw him up.So 9-4...no way