One of the problems

BeastMode54

I'm gonna catch some heat for this post, but I can't stand it anymore. Am I happy with the Bills, no. But my god. No matter what happens, win or lose, I can't think of another whiny, cry me an f-ing river bunch of fans. What bothers me even more are the, "I'm so clever, I came up with a cool title for my post, and then I'm going to sh-- all over he Bills, and whine and cry, blah blah blah." I'm sick of this There is such a negative attitude with our fans. Something goes bad and we think there's no chance. I'm sick of it. I know all of you aren't like this, but it seems like more than enough are. We have good players, a coach who might or might not be here, but the constant is teh fans. And I'll tell you...we suck.

A bunch of us have been more than patient. Earlier this season when we just started losing games, many of us still remained positive and said we could bounce back. But what do you expect when you have a complete meltdown? To go from 4-0, then 5-1, 1st place in the AFC East to 6-7, 0-4 in the division and last place in the AFC East. 9 years without the playoffs is really start to eat away at a lot of us die-hards.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of us have been more than patient. Earlier this season when we just started losing games, many of us still remained positive and said we could bounce back. But what do you expect when you have a complete meltdown? To go from 4-0, then 5-1, 1st place in the AFC East to 6-7, 0-4 in the division and last place in the AFC East. 9 years without the playoffs is really start to eat away at a lot of us die-hards.

Agreed. I am one of those frustrated fans too. It was just hard to watch the game with all the complaining and negativity that was going on when it started in the first quarter

I'm gonna catch some heat for this post, but I can't stand it anymore. Am I happy with the Bills, no. But my god. No matter what happens, win or lose, I can't think of another whiny, cry me an f-ing river bunch of fans. What bothers me even more are the, "I'm so clever, I came up with a cool title for my post, and then I'm going to sh-- all over he Bills, and whine and cry, blah blah blah." I'm sick of this There is such a negative attitude with our fans. Something goes bad and we think there's no chance. I'm sick of it. I know all of you aren't like this, but it seems like more than enough are. We have good players, a coach who might or might not be here, but the constant is teh fans. And I'll tell you...we suck.

I fail to understand the tact of attacking those who share your passion for this team. While I agree, whining and dreaming for changes to facilitate a meteorotic rise to the top of the power polls is wasted energy, I believe your efforts would be better suited supporting your fellow fan - dare I say empathizing with them in this time of football crisis?

Commiserate with them my brother and bask in the glory of mediocrity...

you forgot the part about these "whiny" fans selling out every game and having one of the best overall attendences in the league

The NFL sells out every game in every stadium. I hear you but every game is sold out these days. In fact.. A few years ago.. The Bills were the only team not to sell out every game.

Come to Philly for one day. It puts a whole new meaning to eating your own young.

How old are you and how long have you been a Bills fan? Don't settle for bull&^$%, they owe us, the most loyal fans in the league, a better product than this - period!

Right on, brother. I get frustrated during games like everybody else. But for those who are still bitching and whining the day AFTER the game? (and who will continue to do so into tuesday, wednesday, thursday, etc...), get an effing grip. You treat Wilson, Jauron, JP, and the gang as if they've personally sleighted you. As if they've reneged on a sacred responsibility to make you happy every Sunday. Guess what, it's a game that we like to watch. The players are in it for themselves, and we are along for the ride. Don't take it so personally. If you're one of those people who says "well I've been a fan for 43 years and I deserve a Superbowl", you don't deserve anything. You watch a football game once a week for a 4 month period and you deserve something? Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

I watch the Bills because I love Buffalo, I love sports (the athleticism, the competition, the statistics, everything really), but I'm aware that I don't deserve anything.

I gotta disagree on that one. The fact is, the majority of fans that spend their money to go to the games, that buy the team's merchandise, that watch the team on TV so advertisers will buy commercial time during the game, the people that fund the existence of the team and the league, expect their team and its ownership/management to put forth a winning effort. Buffalo does respect a winning effort even if the team doesn't go all the way, but if they fans are gonna spend their money so that the owner can profit, they do have the right to have their money spent on competent execs/coaches/players. Once again, we're not the yankees, we don't consider it a failure if we don't win it all, we're just asking for a team that's relevant and we haven't been for almost an entire decade now.

I believe this post to be decidedly misguided.

Look, there are fans everywhere that are cynical. Knock me over with a feather. What do you want Bills' fans to do? Be happy, positive, jovial about a team that has a chance to go (at best) 7-9 for a 4th straight year and will join the Lions as the only 2 teams with a 9-year playoff drought? Seriously?

Maybe there are those folks that are comfortable just having a team to cheer for, and winning and losing really don't mean anything to them. But I, for one, am not one of them. And I know I speak for a lot of people in Western NY that don't think that way. I personally believe that those people are no more than casual fans, that could take the football team or leave it without a care.

It leaves me to wonder if you don't respect yourself as a fan. I'm not trying to be insulting or brow beat you here, but honestly, how do you expect people to be positive when they hear the same company lines over and over again for 9 years?

"We're a young team", "We're not that far off", "We're going to try to get better", etc. Hogwash. Go get better. The organization wants the fans to believe that it's really hard to improve and that it takes a really long time. More hogwash. Teams do it every year. There are going to be as many as 6 teams in the playoffs this year with losing records in 2007-08: Carolina, either Miami or the Jets, Denver, Baltimore, Arizona, and Atlanta. That's half the playoff field that didn't make it the previous year. This trend has been in place since 2002. That's right, every season an average of 6 teams make the playoffs after not making it the prior season. Every year. Every year for the past 7 years. Every single year. The Bills should, by the law of averages, accidentally have made it by now.

They haven't, and their fans are getting the sense--right or wrong--that they're the only ones that care. If you don't understand why that upsets people that spend hard-earned money to support a team that they might not even get to keep, then I'm afraid you've lost touch with what it's like to really care about your team. Either that, or winning just isn't that important to you, which is fine, but if that's the case, you need to be honest with yourself, not chastise the remainder of the fan base because they don't feel the way you do.

I believe this post to be decidedly misguided.

Look, there are fans everywhere that are cynical. Knock me over with a feather. What do you want Bills' fans to do? Be happy, positive, jovial about a team that has a chance to go (at best) 7-9 for a 4th straight year and will join the Lions as the only 2 teams with a 9-year playoff drought? Seriously?

Maybe there are those folks that are comfortable just having a team to cheer for, and winning and losing really don't mean anything to them. But I, for one, am not one of them. And I know I speak for a lot of people in Western NY that don't think that way. I personally believe that those people are no more than casual fans, that could take the football team or leave it without a care.

It leaves me to wonder if you don't respect yourself as a fan. I'm not trying to be insulting or brow beat you here, but honestly, how do you expect people to be positive when they hear the same company lines over and over again for 9 years?

"We're a young team", "We're not that far off", "We're going to try to get better", etc. Hogwash. Go get better. The organization wants the fans to believe that it's really hard to improve and that it takes a really long time. More hogwash. Teams do it every year. There are going to be as many as 6 teams in the playoffs this year with losing records in 2007-08: Carolina, either Miami or the Jets, Denver, Baltimore, Arizona, and Atlanta. That's half the playoff field that didn't make it the previous year. This trend has been in place since 2002. That's right, every season an average of 6 teams make the playoffs after not making it the prior season. Every year. Every year for the past 7 years. Every single year. The Bills should, by the law of averages, accidentally have made it by now.

They haven't, and their fans are getting the sense--right or wrong--that they're the only ones that care. If you don't understand why that upsets people that spend hard-earned money to support a team that they might not even get to keep, then I'm afraid you've lost touch with what it's like to really care about your team. Either that, or winning just isn't that important to you, which is fine, but if that's the case, you need to be honest with yourself, not chastise the remainder of the fan base because they don't feel the way you do.

I'm not saying people need to be positive or cheery all the time, but the negativity I'm referring to comes at the first sign of trouble. It's those fans that piss me off. This is not a god situation we are in, but down 7-0 in the first quarter and most people were ready to call the game already

you forgot the part about these "whiny" fans selling out every game and having one of the best overall attendences in the league

Price it low enough and the fans will come.

"Best overall attendance" is boosted by lowest ticket prices in the NFL.

Average ticket revenue per game:

$ 72.70 NFL Average

$ 117.64 Patriots

$ 51.64 Bills

Tickets were 15-20 bucks in 84...something like that... The 0-5 or 0-6 Bills taking on Jaworski's Eagles...the vast amount of lovely blue seats was a sight to see. Never thought I would see capacity or near capacity for a decade's worth of futility. A city like Jacksonville would kill for our fanbase. They could finally throw their tarps away.

Their complaining here in Charlotte and their what 9-3!

Their complaining here in Charlotte and their what 9-3!

No sh--! I distinctly remember, here in the middle of Cowboys country, the year the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl against us, as late as week 12 in the season, fans carrrying on and on about how terrible Troy Aikman was, and how they would never win a Super Bowl (their god given right!) as long as Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman were in charge...I didn't like the Cowboys then (but didn't hate them as much as I would come to) but I remember it was the constant chatter amongst the warehouse guys at my old job...Aikman was soft, Jones was a classless idiot (they at least parts of things right) and Johnson would never win in the pros...